Dags

London IR1/CR1 Expedites

38 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Dags said:

thanks and fingers crossed for you! Maybe they would let you to reschedule an appointment earlier than the one they had assigned to you 

I do hope so, gosh, I’m trying not to worry too much! Am sure you’re the same. 
Fingers crossed for it to all work out soon 🤞🏽

For everyone trying to book their appointment for interview, this is what I got this morning from London Embassy: 

thank you for your email. 

We have exceeded our quota of appointments for the month of November. As a result no appointments are available for the rest of the month. As previously advised, you may wish to check the calendar periodically for cancellations. 

Alternatively, please check the calendar in December as new appointments will be released then. 

—————
I thought they would release December dates in November, but I guess I was wrong.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Dags said:

I thought they would release December dates in November, but I guess I was wrong..

I think they are working under different circumstances since reopening and there’s not a clear calendar plan, even month to month. At least they gave you some useful info that more general November releases are off the table for now (except for a chance cancellation.) 

On 10/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, SEWI said:

We received the confirmation of receipt email yesterday (October 27th, 20:27 GMT)

"We are reviewing your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition. We will notify you with the results when the review is complete."

The turnaround between submission of expedite request, to first response seems to be in keeping with your timeline of 4-working days, @Dags - thanks for the insight!! :)

Fingers crossed!

Received at 16:37 November 4th: 

"The U.S. Embassy in London, Great Britain and Northern Ireland has accepted this case for expedited processing.  We will send this file immediately to the U.S. Embassy."

This update has not yet been reflected on CEAC / USCIS. 

Timeline: 

21/Sep/2020 Expedite request submitted

27/Sep/2020 Confirmation receipt received

04/Nov/2020 Expedite req. accepted.

14 hours ago, SEWI said:

"The U.S. Embassy in London, Great Britain and Northern Ireland has accepted this case for expedited processing.  We will send this file immediately to the U.S. Embassy."

Timeline: 

01/Oct/2020 Documentarily Qualified

21/Oct/2020 Expedite request submitted

27/Oct/2020 Confirmation receipt received

05/November/2020 NVC e-mail received, + CEAC updated to IN TRANSIT

Edited by SEWI

Just now, SEWI said:

🙌🏼🙌🏼 Mine changed to Ready within a day so you should see it today/tomorrow 😊

On 10/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, PBabz said:

I do hope so, gosh, I’m trying not to worry too much! Am sure you’re the same. 
Fingers crossed for it to all work out soon 🤞🏽

Have you heard anything? 🤞

8 hours ago, grapenoodle said:

What was your grounds for expedite if you don’t mind me asking? 💞

We expedited for military reasons and potential financial hardship.

41 minutes ago, Dags said:

We expedited for military reasons and potential financial hardship.

Thank you so much! Your interview is so soon, sending lots of luck :) 

On 11/4/2020 at 10:49 PM, SEWI said:

Timeline: 

21/Sep/2020 Expedite request submitted

27/Sep/2020 Confirmation receipt received

Congrats 🥰 What were your grounds for this if you don’t mind sharing? 

40 minutes ago, Dags said:

No news on non-expedited appointments :(

My husband said NVC responded to our email I think toward the end of last week, but it wasn't a clear yes or no.

His explanation of what was written was something like 'out of fairness to your request, we will forward to the London embassy' 

I haven't seen their response (he hasn't shown me) but it was sent from his military email address. Our case isn't particularly strong for an expedite if I'm honest; yes he could be deployed and yes it's very likely he will PCS by the end of the year, but we don't have any financial hardship, just the emotional strain much like everyone else is having to deal with.

Not sure what else to do really. I reckon they will probably not give it a second look..

All set for your appointment next week, I hope?!

Are you and your husband set to head stateside soon after? Did I read correctly a while back that he's PCSing?!

2 minutes ago, PBabz said:

No news on non-expedited appointments :(

My husband said NVC responded to our email I think toward the end of last week, but it wasn't a clear yes or no.

His explanation of what was written was something like 'out of fairness to your request, we will forward to the London embassy' 

I haven't seen their response (he hasn't shown me) but it was sent from his military email address. Our case isn't particularly strong for an expedite if I'm honest; yes he could be deployed and yes it's very likely he will PCS by the end of the year, but we don't have any financial hardship, just the emotional strain much like everyone else is having to deal with.

Not sure what else to do really. I reckon they will probably not give it a second look..

All set for your appointment next week, I hope?!

Are you and your husband set to head stateside soon after? Did I read correctly a while back that he's PCSing?!

They send an acknowledge email in which they says it only US Embassy has got the ability to approve or deny requests. So that's. may be the one you have received last week. From what I know, it's actually embassy who has to approve your request, not NVC, but it goes via NVC. SO fingers crossed you will hear something positive soon! Maybe this week! They still have to send approve or deny you you, regardless. 

Yes, thanks you! So excited and stressed LOL. Just putting the documentation all together, so it's all set to go! Just couple things left to print out :)

Yes, we're set to PSC stateside after new year, which was the main case of the expedite! So don't lose your hope! 🤞

3 minutes ago, Dags said:

They send an acknowledge email in which they says it only US Embassy has got the ability to approve or deny requests. So that's. may be the one you have received last week. From what I know, it's actually embassy who has to approve your request, not NVC, but it goes via NVC. SO fingers crossed you will hear something positive soon! Maybe this week! They still have to send approve or deny you you, regardless. 

Oh that's helpful to know - I think that must have been what we got, you may be right. Fingers crossed then - would be good to hear one way or another I think, really. 

Yes, thanks you! So excited and stressed LOL. Just putting the documentation all together, so it's all set to go! Just couple things left to print out :)

Oh that's exciting, hopefully the end of your journey here very soon then! So excited for you (both of you!) 

Yes, we're set to PSC stateside after new year, which was the main case of the expedite! So don't lose your hope! 🤞

That's awesome, here's hoping it all goes smoothly. Are you headed anywhere nice? My husband is in Virginia, part of me wants him to PCS somewhere overseas so I know I can immediately join him, but the beaches in Virginia are so nice I'd like to stay!! As a fellow military spouse, we should try and keep in touch if we might end up near each other. 

Not losing hope just yet, but definitely reminding myself not to get my hopes up in the first place as I've been trying to all along! 

2 minutes ago, PBabz said:

Oh that's helpful to know - I think that must have been what we got, you may be right. Fingers crossed then - would be good to hear one way or another I think, really. 

Oh that's exciting, hopefully the end of your journey here very soon then! So excited for you (both of you!) 

That's awesome, here's hoping it all goes smoothly. Are you headed anywhere nice? My husband is in Virginia, part of me wants him to PCS somewhere overseas so I know I can immediately join him, but the beaches in Virginia are so nice I'd like to stay!! As a fellow military spouse, we should try and keep in touch if we might end up near each other. 

Not losing hope just yet, but definitely reminding myself not to get my hopes up in the first place as I've been trying to all along! 

yeah it sounds like this to me. Good luck! 🤞

thank you! can't wait to have it all done, and say goodbye to that stress and relax.

We're not quite sure yet!  We know it will be stateside, but we're waiting for our final assignment - hopefully this week! And of course, that would be cool :) 

On 11/4/2020 at 10:49 PM, SEWI said:

Timeline: 

08/Aug/2019 PRIORITY DATE

01/Oct/2020 DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

21/Oct/2020 Expedite request submitted

27/Oct/2020 Confirmation receipt received

On 11/5/2020 at 12:59 PM, SEWI said:

09/November/2020 CEAC updated to READY

10/November/2020 US Visa Medical BOOKED

11/November/2020 US Visa Medical COMPLETED

12/November/2020 Embassy Calendar AVAILABILITY (open dates: 23, 24, 30 Nov)

12/November/2020 Embassy Interview BOOKED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.