DoodBoy

CR1 i30A form & documents? (merged threads)

26 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

In addition to what HRQX said, here are a few tips to save you time.  I am just doing the I-130 online starting today, and went through it.

1.  Sign up right away.  There is no pressure to submit anything.

2.  After choosing I-130, you can walk through it without filling it out, to see what is there.  It is a bit different than the paper form.  If you like, you can fill out the easy stuff and leave others blank until you get the info.  Everything is saved as you go.

3. When you are completing the form in detail, you will find some areas that are a bit vague, or don't seem to fit your situation.  Do the best you can and at each area you have doubts about, make a note of the section, page and question.  Why?  At the end, there is a section where you can add more info for any section / question.

For instance, there is a question that asks the from / to dates of your current residence.  On the paper PDF form, it defaults to Present for the To date.  On the online form, you have to put in a date or leave it blank.  In the additional info, I will put in that it is the Present date.

O interesting. So i can join online. Navigate as much i like add/delete/edit bonafide marriage evidence documents & everything before the FINAL submission?  this is good info because its easier, like if i have everything do it all once, i feel like i may miss something and procastinate. Doing it in small bits makes it more easier. 

i wonder if we can add more documents AFTER final submission to avoid any RFE's & anyone experience how fast is their response after RFE document submission.

Thx guys.

8 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

O interesting. So i can join online. Navigate as much i like add/delete/edit bonafide marriage evidence documents & everything before the FINAL submission?  this is good info because its easier, like if i have everything do it all once, i feel like i may miss something and procastinate. Doing it in small bits makes it more easier. 

i wonder if we can add more documents AFTER final submission to avoid any RFE's & anyone experience how fast is their response after RFE document submission.

Thx guys.

You should try to have everything complete before you pay and submit.

Last night I was adding "additional information" at the end, and found it very easy to switch back and forth from "additional information" to other sections.  They did a good job on the navigation.

I will probably submit next month.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/11/2020 at 11:31 PM, DoodBoy said:

I am looking to apply for CR1 ONLINE for my wife overseas.  Some basic Q's

1) do i file the i130 & i130A form (pdf version)  and upload the PDF when i join uscis site.  Or once i join online they will have a web-page fill-in option?  

2) Do i have to submit all documentation at time of step1(submit petitition) along with i130 (all documenting meaning, bona fide marriage proofs, affidavits) or this comes to more document evidence NVC processing stage?  when are the RFEs usually issued? during stage 1? or NVC processing?   

3) If i want to have a my story and pictures/screenshots of whatsapp msgs.. posted do i need to include them all in 1 word doc or multi- msword .doc files are ok too?  I am thinking of scanning all items giving them each an item # (includes receipts, boarding pass, some invoices all in one page ) right after my story page.

4) do i file  Affidavit of Support (Form I-864 or I-864EZ)  now (at step 1 along with i130) or i will be later asked to do so later? 

5) Wife's I130A (address portion) does have to be accurate like exact as if Amazon package will be delivered. like my guess interview call package will be mailed? because sometimes address in my native country are written differently so there may be chance of mis-handling of mail by courier i fear. Is the street address a big issue? do they have to be super accurate?

thanks. 

You may want to take a quick look through the guide first since you're asking about I-864.

It's not the most up to date but gives you a general overview.

BTW the official instructions apply to both paper and online filed, however being it's a government system the online form can be confusing at times as you'll discover.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

it seems i-130A (for spouse) has to be filed in PDF format and uploaded if one is applying online. 

in form i130A...

PART 6,  i am filling on behalf of spouse. based on below, it seems to be referring to ADDITIONAL preparer has to be put if its other than i130 filer (me) .   since i filed i130 myself n there is no additional preparer. I keep the part 6 totally BLANK, no signature nothing.    is this correct? keep part 6 blank. 

image.png.b59426ef81be63739abf80425b81f05a.png

PART 8 issue..

than comes PART 8A,B, still words it preparer... BUT  this time, because i am preparing on behalf of wife so this likely needs to be certified cuz the way its worded. SO i do have to fill in Part 8 correct? or leave it blank.   

if im completing part 8, then how do i sign it in INK? since this is pdf and i submitting this ONLINE do i explicitly print this page out, hand sign it with ink, re-scan it and upload this last page of i130a seperate?

image.png.baa3ff211b05988d7dd41844d117e9dd.png

thanks

• Ryan H changed the title to CR1 i30A form & documents? (merged threads)
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Similar topics merged; please post all questions you have about completing the I-130 and accompanying forums, documentation, etc. in this thread instead of starting a new thread for every question you have about that form.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

any advice on i30A  part 6 & 8?   

for picture  taking i advised wife to download this app design to take passport photo on googleplay its called ''passport photo''   i took the photo, it allows you to add border/frame like you have on a typical passport photo. 

About 2x2 size hmm when i send it to myself and open it. It looks bigger than 2x2 inches (is that normal?) like for us it appears big on computer, i double check is 51mm x 51mm as i resized online.

25 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Also a scan of the back of picture with her name handwritten.

hmm , do you know if is this what they are asking everyone to do for online applying? becuz i magined the glossy paper and name written in back was probably intended paper-filing for purpose incase they misplace photo, name would give em idea whose pic is it. 

Edited by DoodBoy

I just re-read the instructions for i130 filing(PDF) about photos. It comes with the caveat IF she is in US. quoted below  But online, they simply asked for photo.

-quote-

You must submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself and your spouse (if he or she is in the United States) taken within 30 days of filing this petition.

-unquote-

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON FORMATS ACCEPTED. on i130 online applying. (see screenshot below)

I had all my background + marriage photos + whatsapp msgs compiled in microsoft word. file was big and format not supported. So much effort was put into compiling it to realize format not supported? 

Luckily there are online sites which convert formats painlessly. 

I tried to convert doc to pdf and it worked! 41 mb file turned to 8 mb file using https://go4convert.com/   bumer! had to compress further  & used https://docupub.com/pdfcompress/ turned to 5mb file.

phew.. what a relief!   thought i share these good tools anyone may need

image.png.3399d14444015a1c2b36faf398978b18.png

Edited by DoodBoy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.