DoodBoy

CR1 i30A form & documents? (merged threads)

26 posts in this topic

(3) You must submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself and your spouse (if he or she is in the United States) taken within 30 days of filing this petition.

It reads bracket condition ""IF"" she lives in US... my wife doesnt live in US (although i can request n have her send me it).  But i dont wanna be wiseguy, just follow the instructions to the T... so i don't have to send her photos? correct.  Trying to avoid RFE delays.

Not needed in your case.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 10:17 PM, DoodBoy said:

I will be filing i130

Eventually it's going to ask you: "For whom are you filing this petition? Select the relationship the beneficiary has to you (e.g., if the beneficiary is your parent, select "Parent")." When you select "Spouse" it says the following:

You selected you are petitioning for a spouse
You will need to upload the Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A) as a part of the evidence for this application.

Since she is currently outside of the US she doesn't have to sign I-130A supplement, but it still needs to be uploaded by you. Later in the Evidence upload section:

Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A)

If you are filing for your spouse, he or she must complete and sign Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A). If your spouse is overseas, the I-130A must still be completed, but your spouse does not have to sign the I-130A.

File upload icon
Drag files here or choose a file
Maximum size: 6MB per file
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, PDF, TIF, or TIFF
No encrypted or password-protected files

Attaching your files
Use a scanner or take pictures of each document. Make sure each image you attach is clear and that all text is readable.

Translations
If your documents are in a foreign language, upload an English translation along with the original.
Edited by HRQX

ok thanks. so i have to attach her i130a as attachment from the online pdf's. on i130a Part 5 says interpreter Do i put myself as interpreter too or Part 6 preparer (me) ALONE is sufficent? 

btw, no documents for i130A right? on form it just wants name/address/workhistory/parents data but no specific document request.

2 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

hm me petititioner is in USA, so do i have to supply the 2 passport size photos?

BUT NOT for wife? is this correct?  

note i will be applying ONLINE

in i130 form instructions page 6 

(3) You must submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself and your spouse (if he or she is in the United States) taken within 30 days of filing this petition. The photos must have a white to off-white background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish, and be unmounted and unretouched.

If i am applying ONLINE, i'll be uploading photographs. How do i submit 2 identitcal photos with glossy finish ?  i guess that instruction was aiming for paper based submission.

What do they mean by unmounted? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Depending on what stage you are at for the 130a the following is the list (complete list and not all submitted at same time for immigrant visa)

very helpful if you tell us visa type

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Depending on what stage you are at for the 130a the following is the list (complete list and not all submitted at same time for immigrant visa)

very helpful if you tell us visa type

what stage? the I-130a is only for the first stage.

Those docs you listed are for NVC stage

Timeline
12 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

ok thanks. so i have to attach her i130a as attachment from the online pdf's. on i130a Part 5 says interpreter Do i put myself as interpreter too or Part 6 preparer (me) ALONE is sufficent? 

btw, no documents for i130A right? on form it just wants name/address/workhistory/parents data but no specific document request.

You would be the preparer.

That's how I filled it out since my spouse is not fluent in english.

Some will not fill any of this out, but it does ask if the person is fluent in english and you want to answer everything honestly.

Btw also be sure to read the instructions about passport photo and signing the I-130a, you might not need either.

Timeline

Things can get confusing.

I was just recently approved so I'll tell you what I did

Submitted a passport photo for myself, just 1 since it's digital

My spouse is not in the US so no photo submitted for them.

If you can't figure out submitting digital documents then file paper.

Do the instructions ask fro beneficiary docs?

USCIS phase is all about the petitioner, NVC is about the beneficiary.

Send what they ask for.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking to apply for CR1 ONLINE for my wife overseas.  Some basic Q's

1) do i file the i130 & i130A form (pdf version)  and upload the PDF when i join uscis site.  Or once i join online they will have a web-page fill-in option?  

2) Do i have to submit all documentation at time of step1(submit petitition) along with i130 (all documenting meaning, bona fide marriage proofs, affidavits) or this comes to more document evidence NVC processing stage?  when are the RFEs usually issued? during stage 1? or NVC processing?   

3) If i want to have a my story and pictures/screenshots of whatsapp msgs.. posted do i need to include them all in 1 word doc or multi- msword .doc files are ok too?  I am thinking of scanning all items giving them each an item # (includes receipts, boarding pass, some invoices all in one page ) right after my story page.

4) do i file  Affidavit of Support (Form I-864 or I-864EZ)  now (at step 1 along with i130) or i will be later asked to do so later? 

5) Wife's I130A (address portion) does have to be accurate like exact as if Amazon package will be delivered. like my guess interview call package will be mailed? because sometimes address in my native country are written differently so there may be chance of mis-handling of mail by courier i fear. Is the street address a big issue? do they have to be super accurate?

thanks. 

1 hour ago, DoodBoy said:

do i file the i130 & i130A form (pdf version)  and upload the PDF when i join uscis site.  Or once i join online they will have a web-page fill-in option?

I-130 is webpage fill-in. Eventually it's going to ask you: "For whom are you filing this petition? Select the relationship the beneficiary has to you (e.g., if the beneficiary is your parent, select "Parent")." When you select "Spouse" it says the following:

You selected you are petitioning for a spouse
You will need to upload the Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A) as a part of the evidence for this application.

If she is currently outside of the US then she doesn't have to sign I-130A supplement, but it still needs to be uploaded by you. Later in the Evidence upload section:

Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A)

If you are filing for your spouse, he or she must complete and sign Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (I-130A). If your spouse is overseas, the I-130A must still be completed, but your spouse does not have to sign the I-130A.

File upload icon
Drag files here or choose a file
Maximum size: 6MB per file
Accepted formats: JPG, JPEG, PDF, TIF, or TIFF
No encrypted or password-protected files

Attaching your files
Use a scanner or take pictures of each document. Make sure each image you attach is clear and that all text is readable.

Translations
If your documents are in a foreign language, upload an English translation along with the original.

Do i have to submit all documentation at time of step1(submit petitition) along with i130 (all documenting meaning, bona fide marriage proofs, affidavits)

Yes, bonafide marriage proofs are requirement for I-130 filing. Affidavits are usually used in cases that don't have anything else. So if you have other proofs, affidavits not needed.

during stage 1? or NVC processing?

USCIS can issue RFEs. And NVC can also issue RFEs.

or multi- msword .doc files are ok too?

That is fine.

do i file  Affidavit of Support (Form I-864 or I-864EZ)  now (at step 1 along with i130) or i will be later asked to do so later?

Later, at NVC step.

Wife's I130A (address portion) does have to be accurate like exact as if Amazon package will be delivered. like my guess interview call package will be mailed? because sometimes address in my native country are written differently so there may be chance of mis-handling of mail by courier i fear. Is the street address a big issue? do they have to be super accurate?

As best as you can.

9 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

I am looking to apply for CR1 ONLINE for my wife overseas.  Some basic Q's

1) do i file the i130 & i130A form (pdf version)  and upload the PDF when i join uscis site.  Or once i join online they will have a web-page fill-in option?  

2) Do i have to submit all documentation at time of step1(submit petitition) along with i130 (all documenting meaning, bona fide marriage proofs, affidavits) or this comes to more document evidence NVC processing stage?  when are the RFEs usually issued? during stage 1? or NVC processing?   

3) If i want to have a my story and pictures/screenshots of whatsapp msgs.. posted do i need to include them all in 1 word doc or multi- msword .doc files are ok too?  I am thinking of scanning all items giving them each an item # (includes receipts, boarding pass, some invoices all in one page ) right after my story page.

4) do i file  Affidavit of Support (Form I-864 or I-864EZ)  now (at step 1 along with i130) or i will be later asked to do so later? 

5) Wife's I130A (address portion) does have to be accurate like exact as if Amazon package will be delivered. like my guess interview call package will be mailed? because sometimes address in my native country are written differently so there may be chance of mis-handling of mail by courier i fear. Is the street address a big issue? do they have to be super accurate?

thanks. 

In addition to what HRQX said, here are a few tips to save you time.  I am just doing the I-130 online starting today, and went through it.

1.  Sign up right away.  There is no pressure to submit anything.

2.  After choosing I-130, you can walk through it without filling it out, to see what is there.  It is a bit different than the paper form.  If you like, you can fill out the easy stuff and leave others blank until you get the info.  Everything is saved as you go.

3. When you are completing the form in detail, you will find some areas that are a bit vague, or don't seem to fit your situation.  Do the best you can and at each area you have doubts about, make a note of the section, page and question.  Why?  At the end, there is a section where you can add more info for any section / question.

For instance, there is a question that asks the from / to dates of your current residence.  On the paper PDF form, it defaults to Present for the To date.  On the online form, you have to put in a date or leave it blank.  In the additional info, I will put in that it is the Present date.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.