David Holmes

DQ'd last week (Oct 19, '20): will we be home by Christmas?

9 posts in this topic

How long is it taking Manila embassy interviews to get scheduled right now?

To some extent I have to work US hours so I'm up to 2-3am every night and it's getting to me.  Was thinking we could head for Mexico so I could at least be synchronized with the time zones there, but we'd obviously have to come back here for the interview.

What would you do if you were me?  Stay or go?  Would you expedite (I haven't)?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Christmas 2021.  Rumor has it that there are very few, if any, interview slots remaining in 2020. 

Even pre COVID-19 an October DQ would have haf a slim chance of an interview by Christmas.  

YMMV

27 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Christmas 2021.  Rumor has it that there are very few, if any, interview slots remaining in 2020. 

Even pre COVID-19 an October DQ would have haf a slim chance of an interview by Christmas.  

I was thinking the same thing as well. The amount of backlog is very very high right now at the USEM. So I would hope at the earliest Valentines day maybe Easter

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

It makes the problems we both faced seem trivial now.

Finally done...

Timeline
4 minutes ago, boris64 said:

It makes the problems we both faced seem trivial now.

No doubt.   It's quite different when your "problem" is sleeping next to you versus a half a world away 

YMMV

15 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I was thinking the same thing as well. The amount of backlog is very very high right now at the USEM. So I would hope at the earliest Valentines day maybe Easter

Is there an online resource to see the availability and/or backlog?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, David Holmes said:

Is there an online resource to see the availability and/or backlog?

Unfortunately not.  Only thing you have is a back of the napkin calculation.   Typically 150 to 200 visas per month times 6 months of essentially no interview activity.   When they did reopen it was at a significant reduction in capacity.   

YMMV

I would say 'no.' The people that were DQed in June by NVC are getting Dec interview dates. I would add six months to your DQ date for your expected interview. You still have to wait for NVC to transfer your case to Manila and do your medical exam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.