2,871 posts in this topic

Thanks for doing this @R1CH1991 - I agree! The other thread was really helpful, but I've found myself looking elsewhere for information recently.

Right behind you with our DQ date of 10th July :)

My husband and I did however submit an expedite request on 21st October - it's becoming increasing likely he's going to be sent on a military deployment before the end of the year and we want to make sure he's around and available if I need any more supporting documentation for our

application.

We've yet to get any correspondence from NVC, not even to say they've received the email, but we wait. 

I imagine the timeline of processing the request will be much the same as non-expedited; seems like it's a little more hassle in terms of securing an appointment and booking your medical in time when you expedite honestly, but we just thought to try and get things done sooner rather than later. Didn't really want to expedite because there are others with family emergencies, etc, but with such an unknown situation (we've been long distance our entire relationship, except for 6 months, but he hasn't been deployed in that time) we just wanted to try and get bases covered where we could. 

35 minutes ago, R1CH1991 said:

Fingers crossed for no Tier 3 lockdown in London! 

Ditto!!! 🤞

We were DQ on 07/10/2020 followed by 

Expedite request and getting it approved on 20/10/2020! 🎉

The case was Ready in LND 22/10/2020 and since then Ive managed to register for courier but no luck with scheduling interview yet...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, R1CH1991 said:

I was a regular reader of the last London thread to keep myself updated with current timelines etc before it went to 70+ pages and way off topic.

I thought it was such a useful resource so I’ve decided to start the ball rolling again so we can keep each other updated on news as it comes in.

If folks will keep on the topic of getting an interview date, it will be more organized. Those that want to know about documents, medical, shots, photos, taxes, expedites, courier time, CEAC status, or tell their interview experience should start a new topic. Others coming along will be able to find information by topic more easily. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just watching the news and Covid has exploded in Europe and it is difficult to see UK not being impacted.

My brother lives in London, he is expecting things only to get worse.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Just watching the news and Covid has exploded in Europe and it is difficult to see UK not being impacted.

My brother lives in London, he is expecting things only to get worse.

Well that was a ray of sunshine for us all still hoping and praying that visa processing at the embassies will continue so we can finally be reunited with our families.. thanks? 😟

Edited by PBabz

Timeline

Look at what is happening in Wales. Could be worse.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I do not know, if it was in Wales it probably would, a lot of it is the Politics of the situation.

12 hours ago, PBabz said:

Thanks for doing this @R1CH1991 - I agree! The other thread was really helpful, but I've found myself looking elsewhere for information recently.

Right behind you with our DQ date of 10th July :)

My husband and I did however submit an expedite request on 21st October - it's becoming increasing likely he's going to be sent on a military deployment before the end of the year and we want to make sure he's around and available if I need any more supporting documentation for our

application.

We've yet to get any correspondence from NVC, not even to say they've received the email, but we wait. 

I imagine the timeline of processing the request will be much the same as non-expedited; seems like it's a little more hassle in terms of securing an appointment and booking your medical in time when you expedite honestly, but we just thought to try and get things done sooner rather than later. Didn't really want to expedite because there are others with family emergencies, etc, but with such an unknown situation (we've been long distance our entire relationship, except for 6 months, but he hasn't been deployed in that time) we just wanted to try and get bases covered where we could. 

Ditto!!! 🤞

Fingers crossed there’s movement soon! I think your right to apply for the expedite, just in case! Best to get that file shipped to the embassy ASAP. 

12 hours ago, Dags said:

We were DQ on 07/10/2020 followed by 

Expedite request and getting it approved on 20/10/2020! 🎉

The case was Ready in LND 22/10/2020 and since then Ive managed to register for courier but no luck with scheduling interview yet...

Fingers crossed you hear something back too. Would you mind either screenshotting the calendar when appointments are released. It will help us try and work out the dates they are working to and capacity :) 

11 hours ago, R1CH1991 said:

Fingers crossed you hear something back too. Would you mind either screenshotting the calendar when appointments are released. It will help us try and work out the dates they are working to and capacity :) 

Of course, will do! :)

I've register to interview booking website, however there has been only like 4 dates for this week (27,28) and first week of November (2,3,4). But either of them is good for me. - I've got medical on Nov 4. So hoping they will release more dates soon, if not - hopefully I will hear something from embassy. 

Hey y'all! Just want to say thank you to all in the last forum and this new one. It was invaluable

Our interview was this morning, and it's been approved! I wish everyone luck in this stage. Will write a review on my timeline (from my DH, I wasn't there). 

I hope this new thread is just as informative as the last one. Remember, discussions will take lots of paths, yet the information is informative to each of us. Even if it's just to say: "hello". 

This is a crazy journey, y'all, especially given the global circumstances. Please stay safe and healthy. And be kind to each other! I appreciate crossing paths with all of you! ❤️

4 hours ago, Dags said:

Of course, will do! :)

I've register to interview booking website, however there has been only like 4 dates for this week (27,28) and first week of November (2,3,4). But either of them is good for me. - I've got medical on Nov 4. So hoping they will release more dates soon, if not - hopefully I will hear something from embassy. 

Hiya! It was my understanding that IR1/CR1 visas were just sent an interview date without selecting one themselves. Is that not true?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.