R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,850 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2024 at 4:54 PM, Melancholic Mage said:

Anyone else recently DQ'd/IL'd having trouble registering their address for the passport return service as instructed? It just tells me I don't need to schedule an interview - which I know - and gives me no other options. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html

Did you get this sorted? 

10 hours ago, MSShpr said:

Is there anyone with dq of early July who have received interview dates at London embassy?

No, they still are on early June. I’d guess you will have a mid November interview date and likely to receive a letter end of September. 

On 8/1/2024 at 4:54 AM, Mrsh09 said:

Did you get this sorted? 

I have now. I think the website was under maintenance/passport return options were on hold because of this:

image.thumb.png.cb4877055e68aac362c92fb0fa3fa2cc.png

Hello - sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, but we are going through the CR1 process, and we were DQ on July 22nd. I am wondering if we should wait to receive the interview date to do the needed medical? The forms seemed to indicate we would receive instructions for this, but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

7 hours ago, Nikkinab said:

Hello - sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, but we are going through the CR1 process, and we were DQ on July 22nd. I am wondering if we should wait to receive the interview date to do the needed medical? The forms seemed to indicate we would receive instructions for this, but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, once you receive the interview letter you book the medical exam. Usually you’ll have 1-1.5 months notice before the interview so plenty of time for the medical. You should do it at least 2 weeks before the interview so they have time to send the results to the embassy 

Once you call Visa Medicals, they will tell you when you can have the medical appointment. They will not book for less than a week out. So if your interview is on a Thursday, your medical will not be any sooner than the Thursday before.

13 hours ago, Nikkinab said:

I would wait for your letter just to be sure. Visa Medicals usually ask for your interview date which is given in that. I would also contact them straight away once you have said letter to make an appointment. A few dates I had in mind around my schedule were booked up when I called a week or so after. I didn't think there'd be so many clients to be honest. 

Once your appointment date and time is booked, Visa Medicals will send you an email detailing everything you need. 

Also, make sure to phone for your appointment. Despite their website insisting you can book via email or online form, they will tell you to call them regardless. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Melancholic Mage

• 2 weeks later...

Been a lurker for a while, but only just made an account! Im a June 28th DQ… It seems there were 3 batches of IL’s for July, do we think they were catching up on work? Crossing fingers that June DQ’s will get our interview letter any day now 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

On 8/15/2024 at 2:17 PM, tunaqueen25 said:

Been a lurker for a while, but only just made an account! Im a June 28th DQ… It seems there were 3 batches of IL’s for July, do we think they were catching up on work? Crossing fingers that June DQ’s will get our interview letter any day now 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I hope so, June 10th seems to be the latest DQ date with an IL on here, I was DQ'd on July 3rd so hoping we make this month's letters

Edited by Deker72

Same here - June 28th DQ & nothing yet. I’m also in a CR1/IR1 London group chat on facebook & the last I heard of anyone getting interview letters was July 25th or 26th. I’ve been stalking here & on there religiously lol because me & hubs are on the edge of our seat now!! Last month there was, I believe, 3 sets of interview letters sent. Hoping this week or next is us June people’s time!!

7 minutes ago, tunaqueen25 said:

Same here - June 28th DQ & nothing yet. I’m also in a CR1/IR1 London group chat on facebook & the last I heard of anyone getting interview letters was July 25th or 26th. I’ve been stalking here & on there religiously lol because me & hubs are on the edge of our seat now!! Last month there was, I believe, 3 sets of interview letters sent. Hoping this week or next is us June people’s time!!

Same with us! Before summer they only sent one set of letters a month and usually towards end of the month. So maybe they are getting back to normal process. They have mainly sent them on Thursdays recently. My money is on this Thursday or next Thursday 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.