2,872 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MSShpr said:

Checking in, did anybody get an IL today?

Haven't seen anything on Discord either, I did notice last weeks emails seemed to be around 4pm

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-05-2023 - I-130 filed

18-05-2023 - I-130 NOA1 sent

10-06-2024 - I-130 NOA2 sent

18-06-2024 - Welcome letter received

18-06-2024 - Paid fees

21-06-2024 - I-864 payment cleared, I-864 and supporting documents uploaded

26-06-2024 - IV payment cleared, DS-260 completed and documents uploaded

03-07-2024 - Document Qualified

current status - Awaiting IL

It's really hard to say.. for july they all happened to be on thursdays. and some were sent last thursday. I know people that had DQ'd in late april, who theoretically would have gotten a letter in late june, ended up getting them july 4th (on a thursday). so maybe us late june (& early july?) DQ's will get them the first week of september. sucks though because i was holding out hope for today 😔

Edited by tunaqueen25

When I check my status on CEAC (state.gov) it still says at NVC. Does that mean they still haven't sent it to the embassy and I'm not in the queue for an interview?

I'm overthinking this - my UK job might be able to transfer me to the US but I need to give them a timeline of when the move will happen and I have no idea. We were DQ'd on July 1st. I'd go on my own (I'm the US citizen) but we have two babies so it's complicated. 

23 minutes ago, andrea804 said:

When I check my status on CEAC (state.gov) it still says at NVC. Does that mean they still haven't sent it to the embassy and I'm not in the queue for an interview?

I'm overthinking this - my UK job might be able to transfer me to the US but I need to give them a timeline of when the move will happen and I have no idea. We were DQ'd on July 1st. I'd go on my own (I'm the US citizen) but we have two babies so it's complicated. 

It will say that until an interview date has been scheduled for you. So it should change once you recieved an interview letter. I DQ’d June 28th so you and I should be up next for interview letters!! It should be any day / any week now. And your interview date will *likely* be end of october/early november but truthfully no one will know exacts till that letter hits our inboxes. Once u know ur interview date, id say give it an extra couple weeks to for moving until u could start ur job at the new location

Edited by tunaqueen25

10 minutes ago, tunaqueen25 said:

It will say that until an interview date has been scheduled for you. So it should change once you recieved an interview letter. I DQ’d June 28th so you and I should be up next for interview letters!! It should be any day / any week now. And your interview date will *likely* be end of october/early november but truthfully no one will know exacts till that letter hits our inboxes. Once u know ur interview date, id say give it an extra couple weeks to for moving until u could start ur job at the new location

Edited 8 minutes ago by tunaqueen25

Thanks so much for your reply! :D That makes me feel better. I did tell them my best guess at the moment would be mid November. Fingers crossed we get our interview letters soon! Let me know when you get yours, I'll do the same! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.