R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,768 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Melancholic Mage said:

@Nat Murph Oh I see. Looks like I've missed things or misread them entirely. Myself and my husband haven't used a lawyer at all so we were meticulous in reading as much as we could while processing all forms. So I'm kicking myself a bit for not catching on to the NVC IL dates, and especially for not catching the medical appointment booking requirements. 

Maybe it worked in my favour though given the weird timescales going on. Best waiting it out.

@BernieDuck Thanks for the extra info! Sorry about them turning down your ACRO police report. Very strange. 

We didnt use a lawyer either so I get all the reading things over and over again and all the research. 

NVC does recommend that you wait for the medical because some people have to wait like a year or longer for an IL. But we decided to go get ours because London supposably was no longer than 3-4 months from being dq’d. 

At least you know your docs are in everything is qualified and now its just a matter of waiting and preparing to move as soon as you get your passport back after the interview. 

6 minutes ago, Ambott72 said:

DQ 4/29 here with no IL either. Sending positive thoughts to you all and hoping for a miracle. 

if anyone reading here has an upcoming interview scheduled, would anyone be open to asking an agent why interviews have massively slowed down? It would be incredible to hear some news as to why we’re still waiting. 🤞🏼

Lets hope we make the next batch in July! 

Me and my husband were speculating and this is totally just an idea with no founded weight or accuracy to it but that being said… we were wondering if it has to do with the up and coming presidential elections in November maybe? Even thought this type of immigration is not a “complaint” , if someone has the power to ask any immgration process to slow right down it will look “good” on paper and seemingly look like immigration(which is a hot topic with negative a connotation) is getting “better” and not looking like it is an issue… I don't know… I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter and this is a messed situation regardless as families should be able to live together in one anothers countries. I look forward to the time when our world will not have borders and be united and at peace!

Sorry for every ones heartache... We will get through it!

And if someone is brave enough to ask yeah would be interesting to know if there is a reason they would even share…  

This is just to say,there's some movement with getting IL's out from London embassy. Someone I know who is being sponsored by her US Citizen son(visa category IR-5) who got DQ'd on the 22nd of April got her IL last week Friday. 

30 minutes ago, AfrobabeUK said:

This is just to say,there's some movement with getting IL's out from London embassy. Someone I know who is being sponsored by her US Citizen son(visa category IR-5) who got DQ'd on the 22nd of April got her IL last week Friday. 

We know they’ve sent letters for people DQed 18-22 of April. What many are afraid is that it might be the only letters they send this month which would mean that they are getting massively behind compared to before.

just messaged someone from another thread that is ir/1 category and dq’d on april 21st.. they havent received an IL on that june 21st… so looks like nvc didnt even issue IL’s to all the 21st dq’s 🙄

On 6/23/2024 at 9:52 AM, Nat Murph said:

Forgot to mention.. Its definitely one time per month. It states that on the nvc website. It says NVC works with the embassy one time per month in getting dates for immigrant visa appointments. So I for sure missed June cut off with my April 24th DQ date.

They have done twice a month before. 

On 6/23/2024 at 10:49 AM, Nat Murph said:

Lets hope we make the next batch in July! 

Me and my husband were speculating and this is totally just an idea with no founded weight or accuracy to it but that being said… we were wondering if it has to do with the up and coming presidential elections in November maybe? Even thought this type of immigration is not a “complaint” , if someone has the power to ask any immgration process to slow right down it will look “good” on paper and seemingly look like immigration(which is a hot topic with negative a connotation) is getting “better” and not looking like it is an issue… I don't know… I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter and this is a messed situation regardless as families should be able to live together in one anothers countries. I look forward to the time when our world will not have borders and be united and at peace!

Sorry for every ones heartache... We will get through it!

And if someone is brave enough to ask yeah would be interesting to know if there is a reason they would even share…  

There is often a summer slowdown, nothing to do with the election but rather the increase in student and visitor visas to be processed, and DV applicants being processed before the Sept deadline. So if interviews have slowed down (personally I don’t think they have, it seems to be carrying on as usual) then that’s more likely to be the reason. 

Edited by appleblossom

4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

There is often a summer slowdown, nothing to do with the election but rather the increase in student and visitor visas to be processed, and DV applicants being processed before the Sept deadline. So if interviews have slowed down (personally I don’t think they have, it seems to be carrying on as usual) then that’s more likely to be the reason. 

oh okay i didnt know it was normal to have such a narrow dq date range when issuing IL’s for the IR/CR category and even those dq’d on the same day in the same category, both not getting an IL but only 1 of them. didnt know that was a normal pattern. waiting nearly 3 months for an IL letter… for us… didnt know that was normal 😰

4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

They have done twice a month before. 

oh okay.. i guess what i read on the nvc website was wrong when it says they do it one time per month 😕 i must be thick

29 minutes ago, Nat Murph said:

oh okay.. i guess what i read on the nvc website was wrong when it says they do it one time per month 😕 i must be thick

I always took what I read as estimates if it was time related. Given how long it took just to process the I-130, I don't think USCIS can be trusted to be reliable. That's why I was trying to use other immigrant's timescales to try and work it out, but at this point I've just resigned myself to trying to hold out in my job through the stress and not think about it.

1 minute ago, Melancholic Mage said:

I always took what I read as estimates if it was time related. Given how long it took just to process the I-130, I don't think USCIS can be trusted to be reliable. That's why I was trying to use other immigrant's timescales to try and work it out, but at this point I've just resigned myself to trying to hold out in my job through the stress and not think about it.

i totally agree with you.. 

i am now at the acceptance stage 🤪

Hi everyone! New here and just sent more evidence to NVC so HOPEFULLY should be getting DQ'd this week.

I'm getting discouraged from reading this forum... I thought London was one of the quicker embassies for interviews. If we do get DQ'd this week or next, when should we be getting our interview letter? 

We both live in England, I'm the USC, and I'm DESPERATE to get home :( 

9 hours ago, Nat Murph said:

The consulate gives the availability to NVC once a month, that doesn't mean they send out the IL's just once a month though. They often do it regularly throughout the month i.e. they'll send out spousal IL's one date, then a week later send out EB IL's, etc. Sometimes it's twice a month for categories, spousal cases have had IL's twice in a month before (usually around Xmas I think). If a bunch of people cancel/reschedule their interviews, then they'll fill those slots with others. 

Basically, what I'm saying is don't be upset if you think you've been missed in a month as there is still a chance of another batch of IL's going out. There is no rhyme or reason to it and no fixed process, it will depend on demand and availability of slots and staff. 

22 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

The consulate gives the availability to NVC once a month, that doesn't mean they send out the IL's just once a month though. They often do it regularly throughout the month i.e. they'll send out spousal IL's one date, then a week later send out EB IL's, etc. Sometimes it's twice a month for categories, spousal cases have had IL's twice in a month before (usually around Xmas I think). If a bunch of people cancel/reschedule their interviews, then they'll fill those slots with others. 

Basically, what I'm saying is don't be upset if you think you've been missed in a month as there is still a chance of another batch of IL's going out. There is no rhyme or reason to it and no fixed process, it will depend on demand and availability of slots and staff. 

yes thats what i meant.. my visa category got their letters on friday June 21st. so that is what all of us in that category on this forum are talking about recently. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.