R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,775 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Thanks for getting back to me. That's worrying to hear. I know 'how long is a piece of string' heavily applies to the US visa process, but it's very difficult getting essentially stonewalled when all you're trying to find out is an estimate.

Being apart from my husband, especially in my own delicate circumstances where I'm living in an unsafe household for the time being, is needless to say exacerbating poor health. I'm sure you're in a similar situation in terms of dealing with the stress and anxiety that comes with the process.

Any news and I'll be sure to update. I was DQ'd May 22nd.

At least we're trying to measure the string together. Hang in there.

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I hope you can endure, you will get through this ❤️

just read on Reddit, a April 22nd dq got their IL on June 20th for a August 7th interview.. So I (dq April 24th) definitely missed the cut off for receiving a June IL 😭

Maybe they have a quota of so many people they can send IL's to in one month? I'd be surprised if it turns out you missed a cut off by two days. If I was DQ'd May 22nd, then by the above timeline I should get an IL on July 20th, since myself and that user were DQ'd same day, just different month. 

Let's wait it out and see if that's remotely accurate or not, or if the embassy just uses some magical immigrant crystal ball to send out letters whenever they feel like.

It's a step towards trying to figure out timescales at least. I've been trying to throw myself into work or hobbies to keep myself sane in the meantime. It's very hard. 

18 minutes ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Maybe they have a quota of so many people they can send IL's to in one month? I'd be surprised if it turns out you missed a cut off by two days. If I was DQ'd May 22nd, then by the above timeline I should get an IL on July 20th, since myself and that user were DQ'd same day, just different month. 

Let's wait it out and see if that's remotely accurate or not, or if the embassy just uses some magical immigrant crystal ball to send out letters whenever they feel like.

It's a step towards trying to figure out timescales at least. I've been trying to throw myself into work or hobbies to keep myself sane in the meantime. It's very hard. 

Yes its good not to focus on it and doing things to keep busy. 

They do only send out letters one time per month and for June, that was this past Friday the 20th. Those that reported getting an IL, were dq’d from 18-22th of April. Which is a very narrow date range from how its been for the past 2 years. 

Hopefully, the IL’s to sent out for July, we will make that cut-off but can't bank on it because in May, those that got IL’s and those who didnt were dq’d on the same day! 

Just hope our medical doesn't expire 🤦‍♀️ 

So it's definitely one batch of IL's per month? That really is a narrow date range... and that's bad news if the DQ date doesn't really count if some are sent IL's and some are not despite being greenlit on the same day... ;;

I couldn't book my medical without an IL so thankfully I don't have to worry about that. I wasn't going to either until I had a definite appointment: I was planning to spend two weeks in London to do the medical, give the practitioner enough time to send my results to the embassy, then attend the interview. So long as I give it 5 working days inbetween I should be okay. 

It's a bit long for me to travel backwards and forwards to London twice for each thing. Even if it's more expensive, I wanted to hang around and knock it all out at once. 

Did you book your medical already? How were you able to?

The truth is that we have no idea how they do things. It’s very possible they will send more IL this month. It’s possible last month they sent less for whichever reason. Some people said that letters are always sent the first or last week of the month, but that’s obviously not true so I wouldn’t spend too much energy trying to guess when the letter will come because it’s impossible. However, we know it’s soon.

2 hours ago, Melancholic Mage said:

So it's definitely one batch of IL's per month? That really is a narrow date range... and that's bad news if the DQ date doesn't really count if some are sent IL's and some are not despite being greenlit on the same day... ;;

I couldn't book my medical without an IL so thankfully I don't have to worry about that. I wasn't going to either until I had a definite appointment: I was planning to spend two weeks in London to do the medical, give the practitioner enough time to send my results to the embassy, then attend the interview. So long as I give it 5 working days inbetween I should be okay. 

It's a bit long for me to travel backwards and forwards to London twice for each thing. Even if it's more expensive, I wanted to hang around and knock it all out at once. 

According to years prior to up until now, they only issue 1 batch per month. 

Yeah you just have to do what is best for your circumstances. Never before has it taken 6 month to get an interview with London so we decided a month after we have been DQ’d it was safe to do the medical. But now… the way its been going for may and now June- only issuing IL’s with such a narrow date range and them booking the actual interview well over 5 weeks out.. Best to wait to do it. 

We did the medical on May 30th and they don't require an interview letter just your case number and the confirmation letter that you have been issued that approved DS 260 form (I think that's the form name).

57 minutes ago, BernieDuck said:

The truth is that we have no idea how they do things. It’s very possible they will send more IL this month. It’s possible last month they sent less for whichever reason. Some people said that letters are always sent the first or last week of the month, but that’s obviously not true so I wouldn’t spend too much energy trying to guess when the letter will come because it’s impossible. However, we know it’s soon.

Yes your right… we just don't know and are going off of who actually reports information on these forums and even that is not a complete picture. Plus, yeah it can even change. Someone on Reddit did a IL issuing history and that was different every month and that shows its a unpredictable and changeable … this is it below

Dec 13, 2023.

Jan 15, 2024.

Feb 12, 2024.

March 4, 2024.

April 25, 2024.

May 27, 2024.

June 21, 2024

2 hours ago, Melancholic Mage said:

Forgot to mention.. Its definitely one time per month. It states that on the nvc website. It says NVC works with the embassy one time per month in getting dates for immigrant visa appointments. So I for sure missed June cut off with my April 24th DQ date.

2 minutes ago, Nat Murph said:

Forgot to mention.. Its definitely one time per month. It states that on the nvc website. It says NVC works with the embassy one time per month in getting dates for immigrant visa appointments. So I for sure missed June cut off with my April 24th DQ date.

While they schedule the appointments in one day, they might send the emails over a longer timeframe. I remember reading a message in here about someone who got their IL one or two days after someone else. I was DQed on April 23rd, so I understand the frustration. Extra frustrating due to the fact I should have been DQed earlier (they mistakenly refused at first a police report). 

@Nat Murph Oh I see. Looks like I've missed things or misread them entirely. Myself and my husband haven't used a lawyer at all so we were meticulous in reading as much as we could while processing all forms. So I'm kicking myself a bit for not catching on to the NVC IL dates, and especially for not catching the medical appointment booking requirements. 

Maybe it worked in my favour though given the weird timescales going on. Best waiting it out.

@BernieDuck Thanks for the extra info! Sorry about them turning down your ACRO police report. Very strange. 

Just now, Melancholic Mage said:

@BernieDuck Thanks for the extra info! Sorry about them turning down your ACRO police report. Very strange. 

ACRO was fine. It was the Swiss police report I also needed they refused at first, I assume because the tile in one of the several languages of it was slightly different than what was on the NVC website. Never mind that every other language was the same and the issuing authority was correct. They subcontract those checks, so I wasn’t surprised to see some level of incompetency.

32 minutes ago, BernieDuck said:

While they schedule the appointments in one day, they might send the emails over a longer timeframe. I remember reading a message in here about someone who got their IL one or two days after someone else. I was DQed on April 23rd, so I understand the frustration. Extra frustrating due to the fact I should have been DQed earlier (they mistakenly refused at first a police report). 

Oh okay.. Well I hope that is the case. I was under the impression that visa category were issued all on the same day. So like CR1/IR1 get the IL on the same day and then like maybe a day or so later maybe a different visa category gets theirs? But I hope I'm wrong! 😆

36 minutes ago, BernieDuck said:

That is annoying! So you are the day before us! And you are IR1/CR1 category?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

DQ 4/29 here with no IL either. Sending positive thoughts to you all and hoping for a miracle. 

if anyone reading here has an upcoming interview scheduled, would anyone be open to asking an agent why interviews have massively slowed down? It would be incredible to hear some news as to why we’re still waiting. 🤞🏼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.