R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,806 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ambott72 said:

Hi! Nothing yet for us, we were DQ’d on 4/29. I’ve sent multiple inquiries to the NVC and the London Embassy itself and I’ve just received generic responses that all of our documentation is complete and that we will be scheduled in a first in, first out basis. 

I just can’t help but feel so defeated and like we’re back in the initial approval stage. 

I did see a recent news article about how the U.S. embassy in London is refusing to pay a £14 million congestion fee to the city of London. Could things have been slowed down because of this? 

I totally know how you feel.. Just can't believe its been so consistent and now it has changed... So so disappointed… the feeling of just checking everyday for an email and wondering when. Uuuggghh 😩 

15 hours ago, Ambott72 said:

I did see a recent news article about how the U.S. embassy in London is refusing to pay a £14 million congestion fee to the city of London. Could things have been slowed down because of this? 

I’m pretty sure the congestion fee issue has absolutely no impact on the embassy usual proceedings.

15 hours ago, Ambott72 said:

Hi! Nothing yet for us, we were DQ’d on 4/29. I’ve sent multiple inquiries to the NVC and the London Embassy itself and I’ve just received generic responses that all of our documentation is complete and that we will be scheduled in a first in, first out basis. 

I just can’t help but feel so defeated and like we’re back in the initial approval stage. 

No, that won't have any impact. There is usually a slowdown in the summer anyway, as the consulate deals with more student/visitor visa apps.

But it doesn't look like things have slowed down yet? IL's were sent out in May. They're usually only sent once a month, you missed the cut off for May but I'm sure will have one in June. London is one of the quickest consulates around.

Good luck. 

3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

No, that won't have any impact. There is usually a slowdown in the summer anyway, as the consulate deals with more student/visitor visa apps.

But it doesn't look like things have slowed down yet? IL's were sent out in May. They're usually only sent once a month, you missed the cut off for May but I'm sure will have one in June. London is one of the quickest consulates around.

Good luck. 

Hi! Was wondering when they were sent in may? We were DQ’d April 24th and I know some that were DQ’d on April 4th got a IL April 25th and then someone DQ’d April 18th and didnt receive an IL yet. So just wondering when did they go out in may? If you have any insight on that 🥴

Thank you! 

I really don’t think they sent out a batch in May. I appreciate someone here who said they were DQ’ed on the 18th of April received an IL, but this seems like an anomaly as it was on the bank holiday when the offices were closed? And the other person who shared their date was F-2A Category. I’m still holding onto hope for tomorrow… 😅

9 minutes ago, wallflowers said:

I really don’t think they sent out a batch in May. I appreciate someone here who said they were DQ’ed on the 18th of April received an IL, but this seems like an anomaly as it was on the bank holiday when the offices were closed? And the other person who shared their date was F-2A Category. I’m still holding onto hope for tomorrow… 😅

Hi guys,

I'm the anomaly that got my IL on a bank holiday. I was quite surprised, but a good surprise. Not sure if there're any interview dates for June cause I was given a date end of next month.

Hopefully those of you still waiting will get to hear something tomorrow or within the next week.

Screenshot_20240606_134328_Gmail.thumb.jpg.068676b204b856bd75c876336c2a304a.jpg

56 minutes ago, AfrobabeUK said:

Hi guys,

I'm the anomaly that got my IL on a bank holiday. I was quite surprised, but a good surprise. Not sure if there're any interview dates for June cause I was given a date end of next month.

Hopefully those of you still waiting will get to hear something tomorrow or within the next week.

Screenshot_20240606_134328_Gmail.thumb.jpg.068676b204b856bd75c876336c2a304a.jpg

I’m super happy for you by the way! It’s just so odd, it’s like they gave you a date and decided they were done, one and done 😂😂

Hello all you that have been DQ’d in April and have not received your IL yet… I stumbled across a statistic analysis on the travel .gov website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html) and I don’t know if this is good news for us or maybe i am completely reading it wrong but they only have up to April 2024 issuances listed. Not sure if this means that they haven’t yet completed the May 2024 issuances and that means IL’s haven’t been sent for everyone that got DQ’d April 18-very very early may? Or maybe we aren’t far enough along in June for them to load the May 2024 statistics… or maybe this has nothing to do IL’s anyways 🤪 

I am just trying to make sense of why we didn’t get our IL yet and why all in the same visa category that got DQ’d on April 18th didn’t get one but the one anomaly (reported on immigration forums) did.

i know I should just drop it and wait but it’s just so strange ….

On 10/26/2020 at 3:11 AM, R1CH1991 said:

I was a regular reader of the last London thread to keep myself updated with current timelines etc before it went to 70+ pages and way off topic.

I thought it was such a useful resource so I’ve decided to start the ball rolling again so we can keep each other updated on news as it comes in.

To kick us off, me and my wife were DQ 10th July so we’re hoping to get our interview appointment email early November. It appears June DQ dates have been scheduled so hoping this is our time after literally years of waiting.

Fingers crossed for no Tier 3 lockdown in London! 

Has anyone received an IL in June or May? I was DQ on May 2 and I’m still waiting…

there are people on here DQ’d april 18th that havent received one yet. we were dq’d on april 24th and havent yet. looks like they are extremely behind. 

reported-

*IL’s (multiple reported) sent out April 25th for those DQ’d mid-march to the first week of april.

* 1 reported IL sent out in May 25th to someone who was DQ’d on April 18th 

* 0 sent out so far up until now for those others DQ’d April 18th and beyond. 

that being said… the next batch of IL’s might only be the rest of the DQ’s for april ?? but who knows. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, ASPX323 said:

Has anyone received an IL in June or May? I was DQ on May 2 and I’m still waiting…

I thought possibly yesterday or today we’d wake up to ILs based on prior trends but nothing here so far… DQ 4/29

10 minutes ago, Ambott72 said:

I thought possibly yesterday or today we’d wake up to ILs based on prior trends but nothing here so far… DQ 4/29

i know… i am trying to convince myself to accept the fact that it wont be in my inbox.. kinda like i had to come to terms with USCIS. i think i will have a break down though if i dont get an IL at the end of June. 

Hello all, new here to the Forum. I have a few questions about the interview process as I've found a lot of confusing information online. 

Myself and my partner (US Citizen) are currently apart due to complicated circumstances. They're at home in the US and I'm grounded here in my home country the UK. We were Documentarily Qualified (DQ'd, is that right? 🫠) on May 23rd. They plan to visit once we get that interview date so we can then book in medical, attend interview etc together. We've been married since March 23. I-130 was submitted the month after on April 23.

My questions:

Can I visit my husband in the US while my visa is processing/awaiting an IL (Interview Letter, is that right)? 

We didn't provide any additional documentation with I-130 or DS-260 such as marriage photos, communication, etc as online this was advised against: only give what is asked for. But now I'm seeing some threads where they were asked for this. Can I get any extra thoughts on this? 

We were hoping to have all of this cleared and for me to enter the US early August. Is this a fairytale dream or do you think from your experiences here this is possible? 

I've visited his family on an ESTA three times now over the span of four to five years. Will this help with our visa application? And the big question which I've seen some people claim: is there a chance we're eligible for a visa waiver? Even though I haven't undergone a medical? Some Reddit posts claimed this but I'm sceptical. 

Thank you so much for reading through this. I'll keep this thread updated with updates from my end. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.