R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,850 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Haynes said:

Is yours for IR/CR1? I was DQ’d 3rd April, so just over 2 weeks before you. My IL came in 25th April so I am surprised you have had nothing yet. I have my medical today funnily enough, and my interview in 3 weeks. 

Yep, we are IR1 category! 😞 I guess we wait for another month, if nothing comes this week! Hope everything goes well with yours! 😊

Edited by k_punam

Just now, AfrobabeUK said:

I've just completed my medical today. So end of July still leaves enough time for visa validity 

How was your medical? How long were you in there? I’m currently about to walk to Selfridges and hang out there for a couple of hours before heading over to my appointment. I hate blood tests so I’m not too excited to go ha. 

10 minutes ago, Haynes said:

How was your medical? How long were you in there? I’m currently about to walk to Selfridges and hang out there for a couple of hours before heading over to my appointment. I hate blood tests so I’m not too excited to go ha. 

It was quick and easy. Few questions from the doctor about medical history,physical examination, weight and height, plus blood sample. Vaccines seen by nurse, signed off and the xray. In and out in 1hr 20 mins

39 minutes ago, Nat Murph said:

Thank you for that! That helps.. I stupidly thought I would get an interview end end of June beginning of July and kinda made life arrangements accordingly but it is what it is. Thanks again for getting back to me! 

Like you,I too thought I'd be getting a date end of June or at least early July. Guess there's no predictable pattern of allocating interview dates.

It'll give me more time to work and save a bit more money.

45 minutes ago, AfrobabeUK said:

Like you,I too thought I'd be getting a date end of June or at least early July. Guess there's no predictable pattern of allocating interview dates.

It'll give me more time to work and save a bit more money.

Yes you are right! That's a good attitude! Thanks again for the info 👍☺️

On 5/25/2024 at 7:30 PM, Ambott72 said:

Hi! I was DQ’d on April 29th. Still waiting IL from London Embassy as well. 

Hello! Any IL yet? 🥴

Hi all! Not sure if this is the right place but my partner and I are about to start this whole process and I’m feeling really really overwhelmed. I’m British and he’s American. How long did it take everyone from the date they filed their I-130 to when they got their interview invite? I’m seeing online that it can take up to 18 months which is so long but wasn’t sure if maybe the London embassy is faster than others? Thanks so much in advance!

1 minute ago, Mel67 said:

Hi all! Not sure if this is the right place but my partner and I are about to start this whole process and I’m feeling really really overwhelmed. I’m British and he’s American. How long did it take everyone from the date they filed their I-130 to when they got their interview invite? I’m seeing online that it can take up to 18 months which is so long but wasn’t sure if maybe the London embassy is faster than others? Thanks so much in advance!

You can view my timeline, but we sent our I-130 application on the 5th November 2022. My interview at the London embassy is the 17th of June, so less than 3 weeks from now. It took 476 days for my I-130 to be approved, and we had been married and living together in the UK for two years at that point, together as a couple of 7 years. Generally the I-130s have been quicker recently, but estimate around a year for that alone. 

53 minutes ago, Mel67 said:

The London embassy is quicker at scheduling interviews & processing visas than other embassies, but unfortunately the I-130 will take quite a while to get approved unless you can go through Direct Consular Filing or have a reason for expediting. You can view my timeline too if you'd like - we submitted the I-130 on March 03 2023, & I finally moved to the US about two weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Mel67 said:

Hello, I-130 took us 13-14 months and we are now waiting for the interview at London embassy. Which was going quickly but now seems its unpredictable and who knows? When we will get an interview. On thing we did do is have all documents needed for the nvc stage required and to prove concrete steps to re-domicile ready months beforehand. So when we got our nvc welcome letter we literally submitted everything straight away and it all got approved within a few days. Then more waiting now for the appointment. 

We are ready to move now so as soon as the interview and passport back we are going. So you can speed time up kinda if you have all your docs.. But its frustrating waiting. I foolishly thought it was gonna be quicker and that is harder. So just figure it will be 18-24 months maybe cuz its always changing... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.