R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,775 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

I had my interview last week, 1 month before my 2nd wedding anniversary. The officer gave me a choice - he could either approve the CR1 there and then, or wait the month and he will approve it as an IR1 on my 2nd anniversary. I went for the 2nd option

Thank you for your response. When did you get DQ and how long did it take to get your IL and Interview? 

7 minutes ago, jaz_1980 said:

Nice 

I was DQ 6th march - couldn’t believe it was only 18 days after submitting everything to NVC

Seems like London embassy is one of the quickest around for interviews so hopefully not too long for any of us still waiting 

I was amazed at how quick it was, definitely feeling very thankful to have my case at London. I've heard other countries have months if not years to wait. The whole experience at the embassy was really nice too, so streamlined, friendly, and generally a good experience. Fingers crossed anyone waiting gets their IL soon!

On 3/18/2023 at 9:43 PM, ANice said:

DQ Feb 16 - we got our IL Feb 28th. 

Hi, what time of the day did you get your IL? I am starting to be impatient now

Edited by onedot

We have submitted all our documents on 14th of March i was wondering does anyone knows how long usually it takes for them to review it and lmk if we are DQ'd? I am sorry to be asking on here and i am sorry if this has been answered already. 

Thank you for all your help and i hope all your documents get DQ'd quickly and get that IL at speedy pace. 

3 minutes ago, NasUK said:

We have submitted all our documents on 14th of March i was wondering does anyone knows how long usually it takes for them to review it and lmk if we are DQ'd? I am sorry to be asking on here and i am sorry if this has been answered already. 

Thank you for all your help and i hope all your documents get DQ'd quickly and get that IL at speedy pace. 

NasUK - NVC are really quick now - you should know by end of month whether all your paperwork is accepted first time round and if are DQ hopefully interview early June - all the best

4 minutes ago, NasUK said:

We submitted our last documents on 30th December and were DQ'd 25th Jan. We only had one tax form to submit though so I think it was fairly easy for them to review it, it might take longer if they have to review many documents. Hopefully it isn't too long for you!

1 hour ago, NasUK said:

We submitted our docs on the 18th. Review is taking anywhere between 14-18 days (I recommend following this - https://visawhen.com/nvc

The IL trend tends to be within 10 days of DQ and it looks like your interview will be scheduled a month or so after.

All being well, the ETA is 2-3 months till interview time (Early June as @jaz_1980 mentioned) 

This is the timeline im hoping to be on! 

2 hours ago, NasUK said:

Someone posted a link to a good website but yeah just use the visa bulletin to see when NVC is reviewing documents. The last batch of interview letters seemed to come quick (2ish weeks to a few days) but the latest people I’ve seen is now almost waiting a month. Don’t know what slowed them down. 

23 hours ago, NasUK said:

does anyone knows how long usually it takes for them to review it and lmk if we are DQ'd?

Last update from the NVC says they are taking 17 days from submission. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html:

Current case review time: As of 20-Mar-23, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 3-Mar-23.

And for historic and trend data on NVC processing times, see https://visawhen.com/nvc

On 3/21/2023 at 7:08 PM, jaz_1980 said:

Yeah I got my case transferred from Sydney to London due to the backlogs/delays over there but at Islamabad/Mumbai embassies there are people DQ for 2 years or more and still waiting for IL - and they can’t get ESTAs to visit their loved ones in the states 

Jaz - wondering what this process was like for you? I'm looking at doing the exact same thing when I'm at that point because Sydney is so slow! 

15 minutes ago, sarahlou12 said:

Jaz - wondering what this process was like for you? I'm looking at doing the exact same thing when I'm at that point because Sydney is so slow! 

It was an easy process - I thought it would involve a lot of work but the change of embassy was done during I-130 stage when my wife moved back to USA and myself to UK so we both did paper change of address forms and submitted by mail to USCIS and by the time I-130 was approved and case sent to NVC the embassy had been changed from Sydney to London.

if you’re at NVC stage it might involve more work changing embassy like completing a form, payment of fees, proof of citizenship/residency/employment for country of embassy you want to change to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.