R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,768 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ElGrandeDoodel said:

Did or is anyone else struggling to register their interview on the Yatri / ais.usvisa-info.com service?

I received an IL (with an April interview date for the London consulate) yesterday (1 March), but every time I try to register the interview at ais.usvisa-info.com I get the below message. I'm obviously a few days before the end of the 5 business day grace period, but am keen to register because I want to investigate rescheduling the interview due to some upcoming travel. Thanks all!

Yes, I and a few others had to wait 2-3 days before it let you do it. Super easy to do once it lets you!

1 minute ago, hopeful0811 said:

Yes, I and a few others had to wait 2-3 days before it let you do it. Super easy to do once it lets you!

Thanks! Did you reschedule your interview date? How far into the future are appointments available?

Just now, ElGrandeDoodel said:

Thanks! Did you reschedule your interview date? How far into the future are appointments available?

Oh sorry no I didn't, I've just worked around it with work and other commitments etc. as I was too scared to reschedule in case it ended up being much later haha. I'm not sure how rescheduling works

1 minute ago, hopeful0811 said:

I was too scared to reschedule in case it ended up being much later

Yeh fair enough - I'm in two minds about it. If you can select a date, then it would be OK. But if it's a case of cancelling your existing date and then getting another one assigned randomly it doesn't really serve much purpose.

1 hour ago, ElGrandeDoodel said:

Yeh fair enough - I'm in two minds about it. If you can select a date, then it would be OK. But if it's a case of cancelling your existing date and then getting another one assigned randomly it doesn't really serve much purpose.

I believe that in order to reschedule you need to let your original interview date lapse (i.e. don't go) and then you will be able to reschedule it on a selected date. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html 

Interview Guidelines

Rescheduling or cancelling your interview

If you are unable to attend your appointment, please go to ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to select a new appointment date after the date of your NVC scheduled interview has passed. There may be a significant wait before the next available appointment, so please attempt to attend the date already assigned. 

On 3/1/2023 at 7:49 AM, hopeful0811 said:

I've been keeping up with the news on that, making me very nervous. Currently with the way the strikes have been announced I can get into London okay (will have to use a taxi at one point). Got all my fingers and toes crossed that that doesn't change. I'm just wondering what would happen if embassy staff can't get in? Would they cancel our interviews and then we are back to square one waiting again? 

I'd be affected by this too, and my interview is first thing on the 15th. Looking back at previous strike days, it looks like others were OK on those days. I can't find anyone who had their interview cancelled on a strike day.

I'm just planning on being there for several hours if Embassy staff are late getting in. I suspect that as this isn't the first time this has happened in London, the Embassy will have plans in place.

2 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

I'd be affected by this too, and my interview is first thing on the 15th. Looking back at previous strike days, it looks like others were OK on those days. I can't find anyone who had their interview cancelled on a strike day.

I'm just planning on being there for several hours if Embassy staff are late getting in. I suspect that as this isn't the first time this has happened in London, the Embassy will have plans in place.

Oh yes that's very true. I'll make sure to bring extra water and snacks just in case! Mine is first thing on the 16th, I'm hopeful all will be well even if we have to wait a bit longer in the morning for everyone to get there

5 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

Oh yes that's very true. I'll make sure to bring extra water and snacks just in case! Mine is first thing on the 16th, I'm hopeful all will be well even if we have to wait a bit longer in the morning for everyone to get there

I would suspect if they are going to cancel appointments, they would have done so already.

Plus it's a Governmental organisation, they'll pay for and expense private town-cars/taxis/hotels if they have to!

1 hour ago, shefuk1 said:

Not to alarm anyone, but someone in the FB group I'm in - for UK applicants of US spousal visas - had their CR1 interview cancelled in November due to tube and train strikes. Her interview was on 10th Nov and she received an email on 4th Nov advising her to re-schedule (just advisory), and then she received another email on 7th Nov officially cancelling, so it was quite short notice. She was able to re-arrange it for 14th Nov (this was based on embassy availability). The group is this one if you want to join and see the post.

To your point, though, can't see cancellations for other strike days so it may depend on the severity of the strike and they could still call the strike off completely.

Edited by madhatter204

20 minutes ago, madhatter204 said:

Not to alarm anyone, but someone in the FB group I'm in - for UK applicants of US spousal visas - had their CR1 interview cancelled in November due to tube and train strikes. Her interview was on 10th Nov and she received an email on 4th Nov advising her to re-schedule (just advisory), and then she received another email on 7th Nov officially cancelling, so it was quite short notice. She was able to re-arrange it for 14th Nov (this was based on embassy availability). The group is this one if you want to join and see the post.

To your point, though, can't see cancellations for other strike days so it may depend on the severity of the strike and they could still call the strike off completely.

Did the Embassy explicitly state that appointment was cancelled due to the strikes? Just wondering if this could just be due to coincidence?

2 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

Did the Embassy explicitly state that appointment was cancelled due to the strikes? Just wondering if this could just be due to coincidence?

It seems explicitly because of the strikes - this was the advisory email but she didn't post a pic of the cancellation email. 

May be an image of text

23 minutes ago, madhatter204 said:

Oh that is very short notice. I'm hoping for the March strikes we will be okay because the tubes and trains (currently) aren't striking on the same day. On the 15th, trains are running but tubes are not and on the 16th the tubes are running but most trains aren't so there's some form of transport available for people to get there. Hopefully anyway.

6 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

Oh that is very short notice. I'm hoping for the March strikes we will be okay because the tubes and trains (currently) aren't striking on the same day. On the 15th, trains are running but tubes are not and on the 16th the tubes are running but most trains aren't so there's some form of transport available for people to get there. Hopefully anyway.

Yeah at least we should know by this time next week. I guess the Embassy are still waiting to see if it's called off or not. If there's alternative availability for later this month, that's not too bad. I'd be annoyed if we had to wait until May/June

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, shefuk1 said:

Yeah at least we should know by this time next week. I guess the Embassy are still waiting to see if it's called off or not. If there's alternative availability for later this month, that's not too bad. I'd be annoyed if we had to wait until May/June

TFL usually runs normally when there is a strike.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.