R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,850 posts in this topic

I'm going through the list of required documents and I just want to write them down here so anyone can see if I've missed something? I've got this list from the official website and added a few of my own due to my circumstances:

- Interview letter

- My passport plus photocopy (I changed my passport recently so I will bring my old and new one, plus copies of each)

- Visa photos

- DS-260 confirmation page

- My birth certificate plus photocopy

- Copy of husband's I864

- Copy of joint sponsor's I864

- Copy of husband's most recent tax return

- Copy of joint sponsor's most recent tax return

- Copy of husband's W2

- Copy of joint sponsor's W2

- Copy of husband's proof of domicile in US (passport, birth certificate)

- Copy of joint sponsor's proof of domicile in US (birth certificate, as he doesn't have a valid passport)

- Evidence of our relationship - photos, boarding passes, cards

- Our marriage certificate and photocopy

- My police certificate and photocopy

- My deed poll (as I changed my name)

- Photocopy of husband's driving licence (as his address may need updating on the system)

4 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Yes, smart casual, it’s difficult this time of the year. I have to be at the embassy at 7.45 am this Thursday, and it will be freezing, so I’m going to be wrapped up with big coat, gloves etc. Its quite hard to be smart / dressy this time of the year. I’ve stood outside that embassy before in the freezing cold when I had my B2 visa interview. It was January and the wind blasts across the Thames there, we were waiting outside for so long and when it came to going through security none of us could feel our fingers to remove coats and open bags etc / 😂, . At least those of you with March days will have warmer weather and lighter mornings.

Oh wow that's so early!! And it's supposed to be incredibly cold this week too. I was hoping my interview would be in the afternoon, but it's first thing so I think I will be coming to London the night before and spending the night in a nearby hotel to avoid trying to get in during rush hour.

I am just glad that it won’t be snowing and there are no train / tube strikes this week. I think I’ll be so relieved to finally be at this stage of the process that I’m hoping not to feel the cold 😂. I have my thermals ready. 
I have a feeling that the interviews are all carried out each day between 8 and noon, they do all the processing in the afternoons. I would have loved to have had a appointment between 10 and 11am.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
37 minutes ago, hopeful0811 said:

I'm going through the list of required documents and I just want to write them down here so anyone can see if I've missed something? I've got this list from the official website and added a few of my own due to my circumstances:

- Interview letter

- My passport plus photocopy (I changed my passport recently so I will bring my old and new one, plus copies of each)

- Visa photos

- DS-260 confirmation page

- My birth certificate plus photocopy

- Copy of husband's I864

- Copy of joint sponsor's I864

- Copy of husband's most recent tax return

- Copy of joint sponsor's most recent tax return

- Copy of husband's W2

- Copy of joint sponsor's W2

- Copy of husband's proof of domicile in US (passport, birth certificate)

- Copy of joint sponsor's proof of domicile in US (birth certificate, as he doesn't have a valid passport)

- Evidence of our relationship - photos, boarding passes, cards

- Our marriage certificate and photocopy

- My police certificate and photocopy

- My deed poll (as I changed my name)

- Photocopy of husband's driving licence (as his address may need updating on the system)

Also include your courier confirmation once the system lets you in to register your appointment and make courier arrangements.

They quit asking for paper photocopies several years ago. IR1/CR1 files are all digital now. The “copy” is already in your NVC uploaded file. They will look at your original birth certificate, marriage certificate, deed poll etc then hand those back. Also London doesn’t need more relationship evidence at interview. It’s going to be easier than you are imagining.

Also there is no dress code for the interview. In the summer, you would see everything from men in business suits to others in cut off jeans and tank tops (which won’t likely be worn this time of year). Dress warm and comfortable. And any long lines will be non-immigrant interviews. You skip that queue and go straight up to the security booth.  Same inside, go up to the desk (ahead of any non-immigrants queued) to get your sticker showing your call up number. 

Read some London  interview reviews here. Look for IR1/CR1 posts, and skip K1s. https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=United Kingdom&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

Yes citizen IR usually always takes priority and have much more privileges under the INA US law

I was under the impression that London did them without the prejudice. 

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Also include your courier confirmation once the system lets you in to register your appointment and make courier arrangements.

They quit asking for paper photocopies several years ago. IR1/CR1 files are all digital now. The “copy” is already in your NVC uploaded file. They will look at your original birth certificate, marriage certificate, deed poll etc then hand those back. Also London doesn’t need more relationship evidence at interview. It’s going to be easier than you are imagining.

Also there is no dress code for the interview. In the summer, you would see everything from men in business suits to others in cut off jeans and tank tops (which won’t likely be worn this time of year). Dress warm and comfortable. And any long lines will be non-immigrant interviews. You skip that queue and go straight up to the security booth.  Same inside, go up to the desk (ahead of any non-immigrants queued) to get your sticker showing your call up number. 

Read some London  interview reviews here. Look for IR1/CR1 posts, and skip K1s. https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=United Kingdom&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

Thank you so much, I've read some of those interview reviews and it's incredibly reassuring. I am one of those people who over-packs "just in case" haha. I think I will be a ball of nerves until my interview has been and gone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post about K-1 has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

A post about K-1 has been removed.

Why? I posted, it was not about the K1 visas. It was if anyone knew how long the admin took when they were working on your case. Is it two days etc… and then sending to the embassy and receiving an interview. 

Since people are that far on this forum, I thought they’d know the answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Poppy65100 said:

Why? I posted, it was not about the K1 visas. It was if anyone knew how long the admin took when they were working on your case. Is it two days etc… and then sending to the embassy and receiving an interview. 

Since people are that far on this forum, I thought they’d know the answer.

It was because you should have posted in the UK FORUM as a new question. This specific thread is not for questions about anything to do with London. It is supposed to be where people tell about receiving the IR1/CR1 visa interview notification from NVC. Your K1 process is different from the spouse visa process. Try starting a new topic.

9 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

Now worked for me this morning.

Worked for me too! I believe now there is nothing further that needs to be done prior to the interview? Registration, done. Courier scheduling, done. Medical exam is scheduled

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.