R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,765 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, Becker said:

With interviews being scheduled, it looks like they are scheduled for MID September at the moment, will more be scheduled towards the end of September soon? Or will the next batch be for October? 

I would expect the next batch to be in October.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

I would expect the next batch to be in October.

I thought that too. I was just trying to see if anybody knows why there hasn’t been many (if any) towards the end of September yet 

2 hours ago, Becker said:

I thought that too. I was just trying to see if anybody knows why there hasn’t been many (if any) towards the end of September yet 

I would expect that it will be other visa categories that they will run in those dates and not IR1/CR1's.

When I had my interview earlier this month, there isn't a very large space on the 1st floor dedicated to the area that I was waiting in, I think maybe 5 or 6 windows with people returning to them for civil documents then bac to interview and go through the oath etc.  On that basis and the fact they are still trying to not have great loads of people in the building, I suspect that they will be dividing their weeks up accordingly.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 11:03 PM, Wuozopo said:

Is your file already in London, ie NVC sent it to London without assigning an interview? Or did NVC just change your preferred Embassy on the paperwork still at NVC?

NVC just changed my preferred embassy from Bogota to London. My file hadn't been sent by NVC, to my knowledge, to any embassy.

I spoke to someone on here via DM and they mentioned they did the same from Russia to the UK, and said there's was moved quite quickly. Was hoping the transfer would spur something on, but there's been no word since DQ 3-JUN or transferring 21-JUL.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, juninho10 said:

NVC just changed my preferred embassy from Bogota to London. My file hadn't been sent by NVC, to my knowledge, to any embassy.

I spoke to someone on here via DM and they mentioned they did the same from Russia to the UK, and said there's was moved quite quickly. Was hoping the transfer would spur something on, but there's been no word since DQ 3-JUN or transferring 21-JUL.

I think NVC will most likely schedule you (roughly) by DQ date. Some June DQs did get in this month. I was thinking the other transfer to London I remember, who got an interview quickly, had been DQed months before the rest getting London interviews.  It would be like when May and June were getting assigned for London this month and you had DQed in Feb, they would move you ahead quickly because you were past due on the London timeline. But timelines are always quirky things you just can never count on to be in perfect order. Maybe just just narrowly missed getting on the September interview train. 🚂 🚞🚞🚞

9 hours ago, jadmac said:

I was DQd June 30th, going off the current timelines, when would you say an interview would be likely? 

Based off the interview dates sent out in Mid-August you're likely to get a date for October sent to you in Mid-September, 

image.png.893259c3fae05800e611edbf1e138803.png

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

On 8/11/2021 at 11:32 AM, Cindy and Matt said:

Just got mine too!

DQ June 16th - Interview 16th.

Dayum, I need to hurry up getting the house ready for market!

Interview Sept. or Oct. 16th??

I had my appointment at the embassy this morning 0930 and I was out by 1000, all very smooth and he said he would have approved it today if my medical results had arrived, so just waiting on that now. 

1 hour ago, justkeepwaiting said:

I had my appointment at the embassy this morning 0930 and I was out by 1000, all very smooth and he said he would have approved it today if my medical results had arrived, so just waiting on that now. 

Let me know how long it takes from them receiving your medical to the passport being returned please! My medical will be sent on the 22nd Sept so interested to see the rough turnaround time :)

3 hours ago, justkeepwaiting said:

Congrats! That's very exciting. 

When was your medical, if you don't mind me asking?

5 hours ago, Arthur2021 said:

Let me know how long it takes from them receiving your medical to the passport being returned please! My medical will be sent on the 22nd Sept so interested to see the rough turnaround time :)

Will do!

4 hours ago, meaghanpk said:

Congrats! That's very exciting. 

When was your medical, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you. It was on Wednesday the 18th.

11 hours ago, justkeepwaiting said:

Had medical on the 10th,  interview on the 19th, all very smooth, approved on the spot, visa arrived today, flight booked for 4th September.  Happy daysn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.