R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,772 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, meaghanpk said:

image.thumb.png.1fbd8dc3a42f547dc40ec32d21382f68.pngWhat is the correct thing to select here? CR1 through NVC. I am pretty sure it's the top bullet?

The one marked (#1) is the only one that makes sense for you. And your instructions on the embassy website tell you to choose that one.

#2 is for K1s. It takes them to the calendar to choose their interview date. 

#3 is for those that did not go through NVC like DCF applicants or those expedited out of NVC before receiving an appointment from NVC. It takes them to the calendar to choose their interview date. 

#4 is for greencard holders who stayed out of the US too long and need approval to return.

#5 Not sure what happens if you pick that. Seems like a dead end.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
3 hours ago, Becker said:

I have a question and thought it is easier to write here than make a new post. Does your first initial submission date have any effect on the queue for an interview? 

No. Your petition was to USCIS (Dept of Homeland Security) and that ended when the petition was approved (NOA2) and handed off to NVC.

You started over with a new part of the government, the Dept of State, which issues visas. The embassy/consulate is also part of the State Department. They aren’t interested in your petition timeline. 

Hey guys, I went to register my interview date this morning as per instructions, but it needs my DS-260 number - anyone know where I can find this? I logged into CEAC but it doesn't have it. Do we have to register our appointment before we can schedule our medical? Want to try get this all sorted this morning - help! 

2 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

Hey guys, I went to register my interview date this morning as per instructions, but it needs my DS-260 number - anyone know where I can find this? I logged into CEAC but it doesn't have it. Do we have to register our appointment before we can schedule our medical? Want to try get this all sorted this morning - help! 

Hi. It is the AA number you find on ds confirmation (go to civil docs on ceac, go to ds form, confirmation letter will have it below on the right - look for a bar code. 

8 minutes ago, Johah said:

Hi. It is the AA number you find on ds confirmation (go to civil docs on ceac, go to ds form, confirmation letter will have it below on the right - look for a bar code. 

Thanks so much for replying quickly! I might be misunderstanding, because I don't have a DS form in my civil docs in ceac.... Just my passport, certs and photographs. Any other ideas? 😅

5 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

Thanks so much for replying quickly! I might be misunderstanding, because I don't have a DS form in my civil docs in ceac.... Just my passport, certs and photographs. Any other ideas? 😅

It's very hidden! When you log into CEAC, scroll down and click "Completed" under IV application, then click "Sign" at the top of the next page. You should then see "Print confirmation" on that page.

5 minutes ago, JessLSafe said:

It's very hidden! When you log into CEAC, scroll down and click "Completed" under IV application, then click "Sign" at the top of the next page. You should then see "Print confirmation" on that page.

Ah! Thank you so much, I managed to find it! Sorry @Johah for misunderstanding!

When I try to create applicant, it says my case number isn't ready for an appointment, even though I've waited til the next day - is this still the same for anyone else? Would I have to wait another day? 

Just now, DaisyJ said:

Ah! Thank you so much, I managed to find it! Sorry @Johah for misunderstanding!

When I try to create applicant, it says my case number isn't ready for an appointment, even though I've waited til the next day - is this still the same for anyone else? Would I have to wait another day? 

Mine still say that as well, and CEAC still says the application is with NVC. I'm hoping this will get fixed automatically at some point, but I've gone ahead and emailed the address they list when you get that error message just to be safe.

Just letting you all know I booked my medical appt! Took me a bit of waiting on hold when calling (15mins ish) I got one on the 24th August (my interview is 10th Sept so I wanted enough time for processing and enough time for me to prepare!) Really quick and easy, give them the date you want, pick a time and then they ask for contact details and your case number! You then get a confirmation email within few minutes of hanging up. So easy 😁

30 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

This happened to me last month, I had to wait 2 days before it worked.

Happy to see so many in this batch of interviews, good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, JessLSafe said:

Mine still say that as well, and CEAC still says the application is with NVC. I'm hoping this will get fixed automatically at some point, but I've gone ahead and emailed the address they list when you get that error message just to be safe.

FYI I just got a response back saying to wait 5 days then try again.

Dear Visa Applicant,

If you have received a consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and you have been instructed to register/schedule an appointment in our website https://ais.usvisa-info.com/, but you get a message saying that your immigrant visa case number is not ready to schedule an appointment, please wait 5 days and then revisit our site to register/schedule your appointment. Immigrant visa case numbers may take several days to become available in the system.

Do not send additional emails before the end of the 5-day period, as this will delay the response to your inquiry.

Sincerely,

The Contact Desk Support Team

Timeline
5 hours ago, DaisyJ said:

You try it every day until the system lets you in. It isn’t a rush thing that accelerates your timeline. You already have an interview date.  It doesn’t prevent you from ringing up the clinic and getting a medical appointment. You have weeks to put your interview date into the system and set up the courier. 

We also phoned to book our medical today. We got straight through, they were very helpful! Said they are currently fully booked until the 24th August but have appointments available after then. We booked ours for the start of September as that works best for us, received an email confirmation of the appointment with all the details just seconds after finishing the call. Very easy experience, only took 5 minutes and the lady on the phone was very friendly and helpful!

EDIT: Just to add we are also getting the same issue when trying to register the appointment and book the courier. But as Wuozopo says, it's not going to slow anything down so happy to wait a few days and hope it resolves itself 🙂

Edited by JoeBacon

4 minutes ago, JoeBacon said:

We also phoned to book our medical today. We got straight through, they were very helpful! Said they are currently fully booked until the 24th August but have appointments available after then. We booked ours for the start of September as that works best for us, received an email confirmation of the appointment with all the details just seconds after finishing the call. Very easy experience, only took 5 minutes and the lady on the phone was very friendly and helpful!

EDIT: Just to add we are also getting the same issue when trying to register the appointment and book the courier. But as Wuozopo says, it's not going to slow anything down so happy to wait a few days and hope it resolves itself 🙂

Good to hear! Husband will be phoning on his way to work tomorrow to book his.

Edited by CandJ18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.