R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,772 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Cindy and Matt said:

Do I have to wait a day or two before registering as per the instructions?  It says my case is not ready for appointment scheduling.

I'm getting the same message. When I log into CEAC it says the application is still with NVC so there must be a delay. I also remember reading earlier in this thread that others saw this message then were able to register a day or two later.

Someone I follow updated their timeline today who's yet to post here - https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=390951. 14th Sep interview date with a DQ date of 24th May! 

Are both parties emailed when they're interview is scheduled or is it only posted via mail? I (the beneficiary) have moved address since DQ and don't see a way of updating my address. Is it important to update it for receiving confirmation of interview date and also for where to send passport with visa in it, or am I ok to leave it? Thanks!

1 hour ago, pishposhpeshy said:

Someone I follow updated their timeline today who's yet to post here - https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=390951. 14th Sep interview date with a DQ date of 24th May! 

Are both parties emailed when they're interview is scheduled or is it only posted via mail? I (the beneficiary) have moved address since DQ and don't see a way of updating my address. Is it important to update it for receiving confirmation of interview date and also for where to send passport with visa in it, or am I ok to leave it? Thanks!

When you register, you are given an opportunity to set which address you want to the passport delivered to or you can confirm which DX exchange (of 5) you want to collect it from.

Also - congrats to everyone getting their interview emails today. It's such a  relief when it arrives. Get that medical booked ASAP :).

Edited by An&Je

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cindy and Matt said:

Just got mine too!

DQ June 16th - Interview 16th.

Dayum, I need to hurry up getting the house ready for market!

Did you get it expedited? Just asking as you’re the only June DQ date I see :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cindy and Matt said:

Do I have to wait a day or two before registering as per the instructions?  It says my case is not ready for appointment scheduling.

Yes. Try tomorrow.

1 hour ago, pishposhpeshy said:

NVC assigns your interview so London wouldn’t have you on their radar if still at NVC. London won’t confirm your date so your address change doesn’t matter so much. You can tell them at the interview. You register the date sent to you by NVC  at Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv 

For delivery of passport/visa back to you. That is all arranged with the courier, not by what address the embassy has for you. You could send it to your Granny’s house or the local pub if you plan to be there to receive it or leave ID there for somebody else to receive it. 

Edited by Wuozopo

DQ on June 11th, interview on Sept 16th! We can't believe it, so happy! Congratulations all! We are almost there now! 🤗❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have a question and thought it is easier to write here than make a new post. Does your first initial submission date have any effect on the queue for an interview? My DQ was July 15th from NVC and fingers crossed we will be receiving an interview date next month. (I just noticed most people getting their interview dates today submitted their first application months before us 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.