R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,765 posts in this topic

Just now, EmliS said:

@DylemmaUK, the same happened to me a while back. You need to give it about a day before registering for the courier and confirming the interview date. It takes their systems a bit of time to update, that's all.

Thank you I’ll try again tomorrow x

3 minutes ago, DylemmaUK said:

Anyone had any issues trying to register for courier? It keeps telling me my case isn’t ready to be scheduled? Also where on earth do I find my ds-260 number? Thanks 

Your DS260 number is on the bottom of the confirmation page, under the barcode....it would have been in an email you received when you submitted the ds260. If you do a quick Google image search, you'll see where I mean.

Edited by EmliS

29 minutes ago, EmliS said:

Your DS260 number is on the bottom of the confirmation page, under the barcode....it would have been in an email you received when you submitted the ds260. If you do a quick Google image search, you'll see where I mean.

This will be a fun thing to try and find that then! 😫I'm, hoping that I have it saved somewhere!  Or the attorney does!

Edited by Rol_P
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

This will be a fun thing to try and find that then! 😫I'm, hoping that I have it saved somewhere!  Or the attorney does!

You'll need the DS-260 confirmation page, as it's one of the documents you need to take with you to the interview. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html#pre_interview_checklist

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

10 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

You'll need the DS-260 confirmation page, as it's one of the documents you need to take with you to the interview. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html#pre_interview_checklist

Will still be fun trying to find the thing! As the attorneys did all of the work on it, I'm hoping they have it.  Pretty sure I can ask them after I'm done at work, certainly not worrying about that right this second.

Evening all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.  I am on here for the data mostly so it is very encouraging to see progress with interview allocations.  Good luck everybody!

I have had fun with the IV paperwork having lived in 3 countries.  I had to get a Police certificate from each of them and surprisingly the French one was the easiest and fastest!  I would have been DQ'd in early May had I not missed the part about the financial sponsor needing to be a US resident.  It seemed illogical that my wife, living with me in the UK, would not be accepted despite earning from a US based company (airline).  Literally a letter from her saying that she intended to move with me was all that took but delayed the DQ by 5-6 weeks, harrumph.

So, being officially DQ'd June 14th and given the current trend it looks like I'm looking at an October interview date?  I was hoping for a little soon but given my work contract will be extended until the end of October anyway I think that bodes well.  I have a lot of qualifications and certifications to get updated on :)

Interestingly I have a good friend who has had a bit of a non-typical journey.  Retired, he was living with his wife on ESTAs with every intention of getting his GC just never getting around to it.  Last year he was caught and his ESTA was cancelled.  Stuck in the UK with nothing but an overnight bag :D Long story short, he DQ'd in April and received his interview date not long after I got DQ'd.  His interview was yesterday and approved.  Now, I know he had his case expedited and that their Governer was also maybe pulling strings but that seems a lot faster than the data in here would suggest.  I'm happy for him, he has only been able to see his wife a few times when she was working a trip to the UK.

On 7/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, SB0402 said:

Hi everyone,

Wanted to update you all.

I have shared our story a couple of times but basically we were approved expedite by NVC one month ago after being DQ'd in February. They finally admitted to having a technical issue which resulted in our case not being transferred by the NVC to the Embassy but we finally have been able to schedule our interview today!!! Praise the Lord.

Interview is SO soon as we already completed the medical. 

Appointment is next Tuesday, the 13th!!! 

So thankful for this thread and for the support. Hoping you all still waiting won't be far behind. 

Hiya, congratulation on your visa! We just got the email saying that The U.S. Embassy or Consulate has accepted this case for expedited processing.I understand that your case was delayed in spite of the expedite. I am trying to gauge how long in might take (considering no issues with technical issues) from getting the email to having the interview. Furthermore, how long does it take after the interview to get the passport back so we can arrange travel. I have just sent in my request to defer grand shool (which start in mid August) and am wondering if it may be feasible to be able to travel to the States already in a month - 6 weeks time! Any insight you can provide will be really helpful.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:01 AM, Southernboy123 said:

So had my IR1 interview yesterday. All went well until I was informed I had brought the wrong birth certificate with me to the one I uploaded! I originally uploaded the one I had but then overthinking things I ordered another certificate with an apostille. This is the one I took with me which I hadn’t uploaded! So yes I received a 221g form stating refused pending the upload of the correct birth certificate which I did an hour later. The CO kept my passport which I assume is good, however now another wait as to when they get back to my file again. The embassy itself was pretty busy with both immigrant and non immigrant appointments. Things do look like they’re starting to ramp up a bit to be fair.

hey can i ask how your interview went? What're the things they asked you about in the interview? and what documents should we bring on interview? ( do they send you a checklist of some kind?) Hopefully you've received your visa by now :)

On 6/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, EmliS said:

Of course! 

So I was DQ'd in Moscow in October 2020, then transferred to London in May 2021 sue to finishing a work contract, then June 2021 received an interview date. I wasn't expedited either!

Ask away, I don't mind!

Hey, if it's not too much trouble- could you tell us about what're the types of things you were asked in your interview at the London embassy and what documents we should bring with us ( Im guessing they give you a checklist of sorts?)?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anonymous101 said:

hey can i ask how your interview went? What're the things they asked you about in the interview? and what documents should we bring on interview? ( do they send you a checklist of some kind?) Hopefully you've received your visa by now :)

Look at the menu at the top of the page and pick the drop down on “Office Reviews and Info”. Then you choose “Consulate & USCIS Office Reviews”. That will take you to a page where you can choose a consulate (United Kingdom) and “find entries”. Don’t pick a local office…just the consulate.  Then you can read what hundreds of people have written about their interviews at London. The questions are like an informal chat standing at a window like at the post office. 

On 7/14/2021 at 7:00 AM, SB0402 said:

Aaah. Yay. 
I can’t believe I’m writing this. 
18.5. months, 1 daughter and a LOT of tears later, my CR1 visa has finally been APPROVED. 🎉 

🌟 My interview day summary: may be helpful especially if you have kids! 

On Monday morning, I flew with my 10 month old daughter from Belfast to London Gatwick. 

My interview date was the day after, we arrived at the Embassy at around 8:30, my interview wasn’t until 9, lol. We walked around the building once to calm my nerves and then went to the “Visa Services” entrance to see if it was too early or not to enter. The lady was super helpful, asked for my passport and appointment letter, stamped my letter and told me to go to the front of the queue as I seemed to be the only other Immigrant Visa applicant amidst a lot of Non Immigrant applicants.   

When I got in there, I was asked for my appointment letter again, given a ticket and asked to go up the elevator to the 1st floor. I sat in front of windows 20-24 (for Immigrant Visas).

We waited only 5 minutes to be called to the first window. A helpful man asked for my passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate and 1 of my visa photographs. Then I scanned my fingerprints. He asked a few questions;
* “Is this your first marriage?”
* “Is this your husbands daughter?” - to which I responded by asking if he wanted to see her birth certificate, he didn’t and said “no, don’t worry”
* “When do you want to travel?” - I explained that our daughter is 1 soon and hopefully before then. He encouragingly said, “Oh, you’ll definitely be able to make that work.” This calmed me as he kind of was confirming that there weren’t going to be any issues with my visa lol. 

We sat down again, this time waiting for about 20 minutes. My daughter was hungry (I had to nurse her in the embassy and had no unpleasantness from anyone - thankfully.) She also decided that she was a little grumpy at this point because her morning nap matched up with my appointment time (Mom life lol). Of course, this is also the time that we were called for the second time. 

We went to a different window. Was asked to raise my right hand and take an oath, then scan my right hand fingerprints again. At this point, my daughter was tired and bored. The lady was SO lovely and literally said, “everything looks good here, I don’t want to make life anymore difficult for you.” She asked me where I met my husband, told me we needed to get her CRBA, I told her we already had and asked would she like to see it. She said no and told me that was great. 
She gave me a form about domestic violence to read and crossed out points regarding marriage fraud on the back, telling me they didn’t apply to me. She used the words, “ok well if you have a read of this and everything seems ok to you, you’re good to go. Keep an eye on your CEAC tracker for delivery updates.” She kept my passport and waved goodbye to my little girl, trying to keep her occupied lol. 

I am SO excited to see my husband, make up for lost time with our little girl and just enjoy being a Mom for the first time in a long time. This experience has taken a lot away from us as first time parents but we have MADE IT and are so excited to see each other. ♥️

So happy to read that lots of you are getting appointments this week. That is amazing. 

Congratulations on everything going so well, I know it's been a hard struggle and it's really great to see it's worked out, travelling over from Ireland to attend must have been arduous in of itself. 

If you can, please submit your experience (most of what you have above) to the Consulate Review section (link below), so that others looking find and hear experiences can find your excellent write up. 

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/dos_review.php

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.