R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,765 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

@Felix2021  @Wait in hope  @DaisyJ  @LO-SA  Fill out your timeline. It contributes to statistics and helps people who read or answer your posts or is useful when others are looking for timelines similar to theirs. Be sure and list London as your embassy.

I understand its good for the site statistics but the full timeline is A LOT of info to give out on an online platform. Also, respectfully, I don't really see how knowing our timelines helps in this (seemingly still) unprecedented situation where there's so many of us stuck at the same stage, timelines don't seem to matter to either the NVC or London; when we originally filed or were approved has no bearing on when London will give us an interview, it seems. Our DQ dates seem to be the only relevant thing, which we've all made clear and keep referring to.

Edited by DaisyJ

On 7/2/2021 at 10:00 PM, Wuozopo said:

London approved 147 IR1 and CR1 visas in April. 

Looks like May is up now. London approved 139 IR1/CR1s in May.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, SusanandJake said:

Chins up, everyone. There's lots to be positive about now. If the rumour of the suspension of non-routine visas from August 1 is true, plus full capacity and no social distancing from July 19, the London Embassy really CAN clear this awful backlog.

I don’t know the rumour, but London issued 1,927 visas in May.  They are doing something besides sitting around. I like your positive attitude.

I think when people are in a group or forum, they start thinking that the 6 or 7 around them are the only ones applying for visas. We don’t actually know what’s happening now, but you lot keep on guessing if it’s enjoyable to you. Your visas will happen. They really will!  Worrying won’t speed it up so just try to be happy about something. How about football? Oh hell no. That’s a downer. 🤬

Hello everyone, 

Tomorrow is my interview date. The London Embassy have just emailed to request my husband’s w2 form.  
As he is an independent contractor, he does not receive this and instead has a 1099.  

Anyone else experienced this? Feeling stressed. 

42 minutes ago, Lynds K. said:

Screenshot of where I can insert that in my timeline? I tried to update my timeline, and didn't see a field for DQ Date... 

I believe DQ date is the same as "Case Completed at NVC" on the timeline here on VJ.

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

49 minutes ago, SB0402 said:

Hello everyone, 

Tomorrow is my interview date. The London Embassy have just emailed to request my husband’s w2 form.  
As he is an independent contractor, he does not receive this and instead has a 1099.  

Anyone else experienced this? Feeling stressed. 

Hiya,

I believe he will need to submit his Tax Transcripts which will show his level of income. You can get them electronically or by post from the IRS website.

Kind regards

Andrew

24 minutes ago, An&Je said:

Hiya,

I believe he will need to submit his Tax Transcripts which will show his level of income. You can get them electronically or by post from the IRS website.

Kind regards

Andrew

Ohno good luck. My husband couldn’t get his tax transcripts online it wouldn’t let him   Think he kept getting an error. Hope it all goes ok x

8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

I think when people are in a group or forum, they start thinking that the 6 or 7 around them are the only ones applying for visas. We don’t actually know what’s happening now, but you lot keep on guessing if it’s enjoyable to you. Your visas will happen. They really will!  Worrying won’t speed it up so just try to be happy about something. How about football? Oh hell no. That’s a downer. 🤬

Guessing is honestly all we have. Being happy about something is easy to say, and certainly we need to do that, but this whole thing is getting hard. You prep so long and gear yourself up for each stage but you reach the final stretch that's only supposed to take 2-3 months only to find out its a 4-6month wait at least, possibly, maybe... It's a big yikes. Yes, we will wait patiently. We're experts at that now. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck or that looking for news can't be helpful. This is the only place I've found any concrete info, and it wasn't from previous timelines. 

Not trying to dig at all, but if your '6 or 7 around them are the only ones applying ' comment is a clapback about some of us being reluctant/unsure about uploading timelines for others, it's interesting that you haven't got one either. That said, I really appreciate your comments and support in general here, thank you for sticking around and being a wise and encouraging voice even after reaching naturalisation. 

How are Jan/Feb DQ'd people getting on? Has anyone whose not expedited heard anything in regards to interviews yet?x

Edited by DaisyJ

1 hour ago, An&Je said:

Hiya,

Kind regards

Andrew

Hi, 

We have also already uploaded these. All of our docs have been accepted which is why we are confused. I also have the recent tax return printed and with me (I am travelling from Northern Ireland to London a day early so it’s a bit of nightmare now that they’re asking when I’m not at home). 

thank you.

9 minutes ago, SB0402 said:

Hi, 

We have also already uploaded these. All of our docs have been accepted which is why we are confused. I also have the recent tax return printed and with me (I am travelling from Northern Ireland to London a day early so it’s a bit of nightmare now that they’re asking when I’m not at home). 

thank you.

If you've already uploaded all of them and your spouse only has a 1099 then submit that as well as a note explaining that they are a contractor and as such do not have a W2 to submit. 

On 7/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, Felix2021 said:

That seems right, May was about the last time that interviews weren't quite so sparsely available by all accounts.  June & July seem o have been the "dry" months so far.

29 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

Guessing is honestly all we have. Being happy about something is easy to say, and certainly we need to do that, but this whole thing is getting hard. You prep so long and gear yourself up for each stage but you reach the final stretch that's only supposed to take 2-3 months only to find out its a 4-6month wait at least, possibly, maybe... It's a big yikes. Yes, we will wait patiently. We're experts at that now. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck or that looking for news can't be helpful. This is the only place I've found any concrete info, and it wasn't from previous timelines. 

For me personally, I have found that updated timelines have helped me to see who has interviews booked through the portals and the timeline information and if filled in properly figure out when they were DQ'd etc to try and figure out how long I might be waiting, of course that has been blown out the water June/July anyway. I do get it though, not everyone is comfortable with sharing certain information online.

29 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

How are Jan/Feb DQ'd people getting on? Has anyone whose not expedited heard anything in regards to interviews yet?x

I've heard nothing as yet, fingers crossed it might be this week sometime, not sure that I can go another month with zero movement at all for either us or those around us to give some confidence it's going through.  The waiting game continues!

1 hour ago, DaisyJ said:

Nothing yet. Praying we hear something this week. Really unsure what to do if we don't... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.