R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,772 posts in this topic

So had my IR1 interview yesterday. All went well until I was informed I had brought the wrong birth certificate with me to the one I uploaded! I originally uploaded the one I had but then overthinking things I ordered another certificate with an apostille. This is the one I took with me which I hadn’t uploaded! So yes I received a 221g form stating refused pending the upload of the correct birth certificate which I did an hour later. The CO kept my passport which I assume is good, however now another wait as to when they get back to my file again. The embassy itself was pretty busy with both immigrant and non immigrant appointments. Things do look like they’re starting to ramp up a bit to be fair.

19 minutes ago, Southernboy123 said:

So had my IR1 interview yesterday. All went well until I was informed I had brought the wrong birth certificate with me to the one I uploaded! I originally uploaded the one I had but then overthinking things I ordered another certificate with an apostille. This is the one I took with me which I hadn’t uploaded! So yes I received a 221g form stating refused pending the upload of the correct birth certificate which I did an hour later. The CO kept my passport which I assume is good, however now another wait as to when they get back to my file again. The embassy itself was pretty busy with both immigrant and non immigrant appointments. Things do look like they’re starting to ramp up a bit to be fair.

Congrats on getting in, sounds like the birth certificate was dealt with properly, without making an example for no reason!

Very happy to hear they are ramping up and getting back to capacity - People have had their married/engaged life on hold for far too long, about time they introduced online appointments, and more than one medical facility in the UK!

Good luck to you, great to hear it went well.

Hello everyone. Hope you are having a decent Thursday despite what we’re experiencing immigration wise. 

I wanted to update anyone that was interested. My husband and I received an approval of expedite from NVC one month ago. We were unsure as to whether it was the embassy or NVC at fault of the delay of transfer but we knew that it was an electronic process which generally takes no longer than a couple of days. We were getting no response ANYWHERE and it was extremely frustrating as they had expedited us in one breath yet when we questioned them as to why our CEAC tracker was not updating, they claimed “it was already at London.”, “You are in processing.” And “The Embassy have messed things up.”

Finally, a month later we received an update on the situation from NVC. The email states;

”Dear Sir/Madam:

We have identified an internal technical issue with your case.  We are working diligently to solve this issue and initiate transfer of your case to the Embassy in London.”

So, at least we know that it wasn’t the embassy that had kept us waiting for so long and in fact, the NVC were to blame. We still are waiting for our CEAC account to update but hopefully things will move shortly. Extremely frustrating that we just lost another month due to a “technical issue.”

21 minutes ago, SB0402 said:

Hello everyone. Hope you are having a decent Thursday despite what we’re experiencing immigration wise. 

I wanted to update anyone that was interested. My husband and I received an approval of expedite from NVC one month ago. We were unsure as to whether it was the embassy or NVC at fault of the delay of transfer but we knew that it was an electronic process which generally takes no longer than a couple of days. We were getting no response ANYWHERE and it was extremely frustrating as they had expedited us in one breath yet when we questioned them as to why our CEAC tracker was not updating, they claimed “it was already at London.”, “You are in processing.” And “The Embassy have messed things up.”

Finally, a month later we received an update on the situation from NVC. The email states;

”Dear Sir/Madam:

We have identified an internal technical issue with your case.  We are working diligently to solve this issue and initiate transfer of your case to the Embassy in London.”

So, at least we know that it wasn’t the embassy that had kept us waiting for so long and in fact, the NVC were to blame. We still are waiting for our CEAC account to update but hopefully things will move shortly. Extremely frustrating that we just lost another month due to a “technical issue.”

Congrats on getting through the NVC issue!! 

Your comment has me questioning our account. Is it normal for the CEAC account to update once it's transferred to the Embassy? We've been DQ'd since February 1st with no update/change to that portion of the profile. I'm not sure who to even ask about this? Our lawyers contacted Immigrant Visa Unit in London, and they've just sent a standard/generic reply explaining the process. 

Just now, Lynds K. said:

Congrats on getting through the NVC issue!! 

Your comment has me questioning our account. Is it normal for the CEAC account to update once it's transferred to the Embassy? We've been DQ'd since February 1st with no update/change to that portion of the profile. I'm not sure who to even ask about this? Our lawyers contacted Immigrant Visa Unit in London, and they've just sent a standard/generic reply explaining the process. 

Thank you. 

For us, due to the approval of expedited appointment our case status SHOULD change from; “At NVC” to “In Transit” and then “Ready”. This then allows us to book our appointment ourselves because of the expedite. 

I think if you are waiting for your appointment to be scheduled by the Embassy themselves (non expedite) then it won’t change until they email you with the date of your interview. I think once you receive that email regarding date and time then you will see an update on your CEAC tracker. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Hoping and praying that you will finally hear something this month. We were also DQ’d in February and at this rate, we don’t even know why they bothered to approve our expedite when we’re still waiting as long as we would have been without it. Unbelievably frustrating but I still am remaining hopeful that July is the month we will all finally make progress. 

9 minutes ago, SB0402 said:

Thank you. 

For us, due to the approval of expedited appointment our case status SHOULD change from; “At NVC” to “In Transit” and then “Ready”. This then allows us to book our appointment ourselves because of the expedite. 

I think if you are waiting for your appointment to be scheduled by the Embassy themselves (non expedite) then it won’t change until they email you with the date of your interview. I think once you receive that email regarding date and time then you will see an update on your CEAC tracker. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong. 

Hoping and praying that you will finally hear something this month. We were also DQ’d in February and at this rate, we don’t even know why they bothered to approve our expedite when we’re still waiting as long as we would have been without it. Unbelievably frustrating but I still am remaining hopeful that July is the month we will all finally make progress. 

Ah wow, okay. Thanks so much for your insights. I'll keep an eye on the thread in case anyone has anything else to contribute, but what you're saying makes sense. 

Definitely praying for us all to get some answers this month. Otherwise... I may circle back to the thread to start a press campaign/protest! 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Southernboy123 said:

Nice one! If you don't mind me asking, did they ask much about taxes? My wife/petitioner is struggling to get the last 3 years of her taxes as I think the IRS lost the 2019 one. She has the one for 2020. The joint sponsor that actually makes money (wife is a student) is my Father-in-law and has all his stuff in order.

I'm worried that this would be the only grounds I'd be denied on. We've emailed the IRS, called them, nothing.....

7 minutes ago, juninho10 said:

Nice one! If you don't mind me asking, did they ask much about taxes? My wife/petitioner is struggling to get the last 3 years of her taxes as I think the IRS lost the 2019 one. She has the one for 2020. The joint sponsor that actually makes money (wife is a student) is my Father-in-law and has all his stuff in order.

I'm worried that this would be the only grounds I'd be denied on. We've emailed the IRS, called them, nothing.....

I was not asked anything about taxes at the interview at all. We had a joint sponsor also and all his paperwork was in order and uploaded prior.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lynds K. said:

Ah wow, okay. Thanks so much for your insights. I'll keep an eye on the thread in case anyone has anything else to contribute, but what you're saying makes sense. 

Definitely praying for us all to get some answers this month. Otherwise... I may circle back to the thread to start a press campaign/protest! 

What @SB0402 explained is exactly correct. Your process is—wait for the NVC to assign your interview. Then they will notify you and send your file to London. From those in this forum (who have commented) we know some early January DQs we’re assigned interviews back in mid-May. Then mid-June, none of the remaining Jan/Feb people moved forward with interviews like they expected. You could be in the next batch of interviews released by NVC, or not, depending on when in Feb you DQed and how many appointments London has space for. 

You should complete your timeline. It is helpful for those answering your questions and contributes to Visa Journey statistical predictions. Be sure and put London as your embassy. So many fail to do that and end up with it saying Armenia is their embassy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, juninho10 said:

Your wife only has to submit her 2020 tax return or transcript.That’s the requirement by law and stated in the I-864 instructions. She I’ll have to know her total income line off her 2019 and 2018 returns for filling out the form  Section 6, 24b and 24c. She would have saved copies of her tax returns for reference to get those numbers and doesn’t need the IRS. 

Hi all, new member here! I found this thread after trying to search for information on CR1 news at London - so happy to find a space where everyone is in the same boat, even if it is all a bit miserable. We got DQ'd on the 7th May. Have any of you waiting from February heard anything yet? Do please keep updating here, this thread has already been immensely helpful to me, even just flicking through! 

I found this thread when I was specifically searching for news re. the rumoured full closure of London (it seems to have come from a lot of the K1 lawsuit peoples' info?). I see from some messages back that it hopefully shouldn't effect CR1s? Anyway. This is a lot. 

Thanks for having me. 

3 minutes ago, DaisyJ said:

Hi all, new member here! I found this thread after trying to search for information on CR1 news at London - so happy to find a space where everyone is in the same boat, even if it is all a bit miserable. We got DQ'd on the 7th May. Have any of you waiting from February heard anything yet? Do please keep updating here, this thread has already been immensely helpful to me, even just flicking through! 

I found this thread when I was specifically searching for news re. the rumoured full closure of London (it seems to have come from a lot of the K1 lawsuit peoples' info?). I see from some messages back that it hopefully shouldn't effect CR1s? Anyway. This is a lot. 

Thanks for having me. 

👋We were also DQ'd May 7, so right there with you. 

Doesn't seem like anyone has heard anything for May or June, and that the latest DQ date to get an interview was early Feb. 

Embassies are continuing to process CR1/IR1 visas and I would imagine London is the same, regardless of the lawsuit.

5 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

Doesn't seem like anyone has heard anything for May or June, and that the latest DQ date to get an interview was early Feb. 

Embassies are continuing to process CR1/IR1 visas and I would imagine London is the same, regardless of the lawsuit.

Thanks so much! And hi! We first started out this process with USCIS in May last year, and November this year will be our 2yr wedding anniversary. We've also been long distance since mid Sept 2018, so this extra NVC/embassy chaos is exhausting. If we have to wait a lot longer, at least one plus will be getting an IR1 approval instead of a CR1, right? 😅 Here to try and keep the faith for sure. 

16 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

Another newbie here. I'm finding this thread incredibly helpful!

We were DQ'd May 3rd and also haven't heard anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.