R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,766 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, meaghanpk said:

I'm assuming no one has heard anything? Just more waiting. I'm heading over to the UK in 2 weeks for what I really hope is the last trip before husband is able to come across with his CR1, but at this point who knows. We were DQ'd May 7, it seems like folks DQ'd from February are still waiting. 😢 

No heard nothing as yet.  Yup we were DQ'd in Feb and are still waiting.  I think there maybe some from January if I'm honest. 

I hope that will be your last trip, same as this one for my wife will be her last one! 

Finally got DQ'd today! Will also pitch and say how I strongly feel there's no need in most cases for a face to face interview when a Zoom call will suffice. Now we play the waiting game! Can I also just sense check, now I got the massage saying Documentarily Qualified I just sit tight and wait for an email confirming interview slot & details of medical instruction. Nothing else to do and this is emailed rather than posted? 

Edited by pishposhpeshy
Extra detail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, pishposhpeshy said:

I just sit tight and wait for an email confirming interview slot & details of medical instruction.

Yep, just wait to get your interview date from NVC. Once you know the interview date, get on the phone to Visa Medicals and make your own appointment. Don’t do it early. Wait until you are assured of an interview date. Appointments are easily available with little wait. 

Here’s the best info on your medical. https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/
You can start getting any jabs you need and your shot record gathered, and start working on the list of things to take to your medical exam. If you have questions about the medical, start a new topic. This thread is supposed to be only about interview dates. It is over-burdened with too many topics better suited for a new thread.

New here been following topic as DQ 8th March 2021, having already gone over a year to get to this stage. Are we looking at yet another month of no interviews, its so unfair to have been seperated from my husband who is the USC living in America for 18 months.  Missing anniversaries, birthdays, all other family events.  If interviews only last a short time, why they not happening.  This is so frustrating and upsetting.

New to the thread. So grateful to have found it, so big thanks to everyone keeping us current.

My husband was DQ'd on 1st of Feb. Still haven't heard or received anything from Embassy. Says his case is still with the NVC as of this morning. Anyone know why they didn't release interviews in May?

My heart goes out to everyone who's separated from loved ones. <3 

Also joining this thread as we are now DQ as of a few days ago.

It's very disheartening to see that people from Jan/Feb still don't have interview dates. That means it's likely at least another 4-6 months before we will hear anything. We're currently just a couple of weeks away from the one year anniversary of submitting our I-130 and to still be facing such a substantial wait is heartbreaking.

Thank you to everyone who has been posting in this thread, it really helps to see what is going on with others and be able to understand the situation a little better.

Let's hope for everyone's sake they release a whole big bunch of interview slots soon to make up for the recent complete lack of interviews. I guess that is all we can do right now.

50 minutes ago, JoeBacon said:

Also joining this thread as we are now DQ as of a few days ago.

It's very disheartening to see that people from Jan/Feb still don't have interview dates. That means it's likely at least another 4-6 months before we will hear anything. We're currently just a couple of weeks away from the one year anniversary of submitting our I-130 and to still be facing such a substantial wait is heartbreaking.

Thank you to everyone who has been posting in this thread, it really helps to see what is going on with others and be able to understand the situation a little better.

Let's hope for everyone's sake they release a whole big bunch of interview slots soon to make up for the recent complete lack of interviews. I guess that is all we can do right now.

Yeah,

Sadly there isn't a lot more that we can do currently it seems.  That is the most frustrating thing for my wife and I, the lack of being able to do anything. It really is the waiting that kills you at the moment. 

It took us over 12 months to get the DQ (Not just COVID related but mistakes by attorneys) so we are rolling round to our 3rd anniversary and also towards 3 years of a very drawn out process.  I'm pretty envious of people who are managing to get through this in 24 months or less in total!!

This place is a God send when I discovered it and it is nice to know share with those in the same boat and see what is going on, even if it is to know that everyone else is sharing pain to a similar degree.  When it moves along a bit at the embassy then it certainly does perk us ALL up that's for sure! :)  Keep staying positive!

Hi all! I was DQ-ed in early Feb & still haven't heard anything about an interview. Contacted the embassy and was sent an automated generic email stating nothing useful. I'm getting pretty frustrated & its starting to wear me down emotionally, since my husband & I have been apart 14 months now. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about our situation? if anyone here has friends in the  London embassy or the state department- who could shed some light on prospective wait times for new interview slots ?

I really do hope we start hearing something soon, its so unfair keeping families apart for so long especially as spouses are not even under the travel ban.  I imagine the Embassy staff are with their families.  Even if hear in the next day or so its still going to be July before an interview which will be 4 months after  DQ.  I keep reading on Travel.State.Gov  Immigrant Visa Prioritization that they understand what we families are going through and they are prioritising CR1s, but no one seems to have told US Embassy London of this.  We already went a whole month without interviews, surely we cant go another month with none.  Keeping families apart is so heartbreaking and I, also like others, am getting very upset and emotional over the whole process.  

4 minutes ago, Wait in hope said:

I really do hope we start hearing something soon, its so unfair keeping families apart for so long especially as spouses are not even under the travel ban.  I imagine the Embassy staff are with their families.  Even if hear in the next day or so its still going to be July before an interview which will be 4 months after  DQ.  I keep reading on Travel.State.Gov  Immigrant Visa Prioritization that they understand what we families are going through and they are prioritising CR1s, but no one seems to have told US Embassy London of this.  We already went a whole month without interviews, surely we cant go another month with none.  Keeping families apart is so heartbreaking and I, also like others, am getting very upset and emotional over the whole process.  

My guess is to try and contact who ever is in charge of this situation and see where it goes form there. I am sure that there is someone that can be reached out to about this. I am in the US and my wife is in the UK so I don't really know who to contact. 

1 hour ago, SB0402 said:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share some new information that I have been made aware of during the past couple of days.

My father holds a senior position with a well known broadcasting company (cannot share specifics for obvious reasons). Yesterday he spoke with a contact he has with the Belfast consulate, NI. This person informed my dad that the London Embassy is overflowing with complaints, particularly from the media. They explained that during the G7 Summit, almost the entire staff of the UKE were sent to Cornwall (leaving the embassy almost completely unmanned), hence the high number of complaints. 

This person is trying their best to grab some sort of information regarding CR1 interviews and the timeline to at least give us encouragement and hope to cling on to. I do believe that now that the G7 Summit has come to a close, we are not going to be left behind for much longer. 

Hang in there. 

I was only half joking when I said a couple of weeks ago that the Biden visit was probably the issue!

Interesting stuff though!

1 hour ago, Lucky4George said:

My guess is to try and contact who ever is in charge of this situation and see where it goes form there. I am sure that there is someone that can be reached out to about this. I am in the US and my wife is in the UK so I don't really know who to contact. 

In my experience you will not get more than an automated message telling you they are working through a huge backlog and current restrictions are preventing them from holding interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.