Mr Trav

Any updated timeframes for an expedited interview?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, Commish10 said:

For K1?

Embassy isn't processing the K-1 currently.    And I have only seen the embassy processing expedites for the immigrant visa for now.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Embassy isn't processing the K-1 currently.    And I have only seen the embassy processing expedites for the immigrant visa for now.

Then you aren't looking deep enough.   AlaMike has an expedited k1 interview scheduled for tomorrow (November 19).

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, payxibka said:

Then you aren't looking deep enough.   AlaMike has an expedited k1 interview scheduled for tomorrow (November 19).

Just to update, 

Medical was done on 11/17/2020 in one day instead of the normal two. She got her medical packet to take to the Embassy.

She is there for her (K1) and our sons (CRBA) interview today. (11/19/2020 in Philippines)

Keeping my fingers crossed....

Edited by AlaMike

1 hour ago, AlaMike said:

Just to update, 

Medical was done on 11/17/2020 in one day instead of the normal two. She got her medical packet to take to the Embassy.

She is there for her (K1) and our sons (CRBA) interview today. (11/19/2020 in Philippines)

Keeping my fingers crossed....

Good luck, let us know how it goes. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

8 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

UPDATE!!

K1 Visa Approved!!

Slight delay in CRBA, we need to send "original" ultrasound photos. Hospital only gave us copy of the actual photographs.

But said after they receive them, his passport will be issued.

In all this Covid turmoil and uncertainty, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.

Great!! Congratulations!!!!  Did they say how long for the visa, probably 2-3 weeks?  Our interview is December 3rd and Ill arrive back in Manila early on Nov 29th.  Anything out of the ordinary they asked for that isn't in the normal checklist?

Thats great that you have two big hurdles basically over with.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
Just now, flicks1998 said:

Great!! Congratulations!!!!  Did they say how long for the visa, probably 2-3 weeks?  Our interview is December 3rd and Ill arrive back in Manila early on Nov 29th.  Anything out of the ordinary they asked for that isn't in the normal checklist?

Thats great that you have two big hurdles basically over with.  

Yes, 2-3 weeks for Visa. But she did not have to have a 2GO account. They will deliver it via courier that you pay when they deliver. 

Just be sure to log in to your account @ www.ustraveldocs.com/ph and verify delivery address.

The person doing the interview only asked her; what state I lived in, what my ex wife name was, where I went to college and what I did for a living.

They wanted my 2019 Tax transcripts (which I sent her) since our original paperwork was sent in prior to 2019 taxes being submitted.

Jeigh was mad because I made here take the all the extra copies of the paperwork with her, which weighs about 15 pounds. And they only asked for 1 page.

Timeline
On 11/18/2020 at 9:51 PM, AlaMike said:

Yes, 2-3 weeks for Visa. But she did not have to have a 2GO account. They will deliver it via courier that you pay when they deliver. 

You do NOT pay upon delivery,  the delivery fee is paid by the consulate.

YMMV

Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 2:17 AM, payxibka said:

You do NOT pay upon delivery,  the delivery fee is paid by the consulate.

Information on CGI website when updating personal information. She was told to be sure mailing address was updated.

- You must provide the exact address where the courier can deliver the documents and passport in "Mailing Address Line 1:".
- You must provide a local personal phone number in your contact details.
- Failure to provide these information will cause lengthy delays in the delivery of your passport.

Cost of Premium Delivery is PhP435.00 per passport. It is collected by the courier on delivery (Cash Only). 
Please always provide exact change as the courier would only accept the exact amount.

Timeline
1 minute ago, AlaMike said:

Information on CGI website when updating personal information. She was told to be sure mailing address was updated.

- You must provide the exact address where the courier can deliver the documents and passport in "Mailing Address Line 1:".
- You must provide a local personal phone number in your contact details.
- Failure to provide these information will cause lengthy delays in the delivery of your passport.

Cost of Premium Delivery is PhP435.00 per passport. It is collected by the courier on delivery (Cash Only). 
Please always provide exact change as the courier would only accept the exact amount.

Only if you choose premium delivery.   This is not the standard procedure 

YMMV

Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 12:57 AM, user555 said:

I thought it was 7-10 business days. Did they say why it's taking so long? 

Her Visa is being sent along with our sons US Passport. We had to send additional information for his CRBA.

Her Visa will not be completed until his Passport is issued. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Only if you choose premium delivery.   This is not the standard procedure 

The only options were Premium Delivery or Pick Up. I was expecting to have it sent via "2Go" account.

Edited by AlaMike

Timeline
13 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

The only options were Premium Delivery or Pick Up. I was expecting to have it sent via "2Go" account.

Yes, those are optional.  You didn't need to select either. 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.