flicks1998

K1 Expedited - Manila

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just going to let you know fiance received an expedite for her K1 out of Manila.  Not sure if its from the emails I sent them a month ago with no response, but her interview is scheduled for December 3rd.  Not sure if it was because I wrote complaining about my son missing the school year or not, hes not part of the K1.  No one is allowed to attend the interviews except the applicant.  

I finally got all of the papers today for myself to apply for a Philippine visa and as long as I get that, Ill still fly back on the 26th of November. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Congratulations! Hope her interview / your visa and return to the PH go well. 

I checked your timeline to get an idea of the dates but you don't seem to have filled it in. Do you mind sharing that information? It would help others who are also waiting.

18 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Congratulations! Hope her interview / your visa and return to the PH go well. 

I checked your timeline to get an idea of the dates but you don't seem to have filled it in. Do you mind sharing that information? It would help others who are also waiting.

I updated my profile a few weeks ago, but when it came to the timeline I had no idea on alot of the dates, etc.  

The best I have is:

• I-129F was mailed around August 21st 2019 or so from Manila to USCIS.
  • We received the letter to schedule an interview around mid-March 2020.  It was dated Feb 24th but it took about 3 weeks to receive.  In mid-March there was only a few days before the embassy had shut and we had not done the medical yet.  
  • The visa was paid sometime in April I believe.
  • Medical was done 3rd week of August 2020.

I was living in Manila when the I-129F was mailed and didnt return to the US until January 2020, its one of the reasons we never checked on the status as there wasnt a rush at the time.  Since I had not worked in the US in the past 10 years, I didnt know how difficult it would be to find a job, but luckily at that time there was quite a few positions in the line of work I do so it only took about 5 weeks.  So the job started mid-February and thats when we started to look at the process again and the same time the letter from the Embassy was received. 

If not for COVID, we would have had our interview sometime around 3rd week of March to first week of April 2020. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

On 10/24/2020 at 8:39 AM, flicks1998 said:

Hello,

Just going to let you know fiance received an expedite for her K1 out of Manila.  Not sure if its from the emails I sent them a month ago with no response, but her interview is scheduled for December 3rd.  Not sure if it was because I wrote complaining about my son missing the school year or not, hes not part of the K1.  No one is allowed to attend the interviews except the applicant.  

I finally got all of the papers today for myself to apply for a Philippine visa and as long as I get that, Ill still fly back on the 26th of November. 

Congratulations on the appointment!!!

On 10/23/2020 at 7:39 PM, flicks1998 said:

Hello,

Outstanding news

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this was unexpected, but it gives me hope that maybe it will happen for all of us soon.   I received my NOA 2 but as in many cases it has not been sent to the embassy in Manila yet.  I know they are extending dates, but it still makes me nervous.  I hope they send it to the embassy soon and we can move on with this process.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.