7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, my PD is 05/05/2020. I had fingerprint appointment 08/28.I received my combo card 2 weeks ago. I_485 still on fingerprint received. My passport will expire on January 2021 and the process to renew it at embassy takes at least 1 month.I just got an appointment in social security office to apply for SSN next week because i have not received my social security card after receiving my combo card so i will need my passport to apply for ssn. My question is: do I need my passport for interview AOS because i need to start renewing it next month and send my old passport to embassy so I will not have my passport for at least 1 month. What if i will get my interview and I don't have my passport. I know that's based on my priority date It may takes awhile but who knows. Do I have to present a passport for Aos or I can just give them my combo card as an ID? Thanks in advance and I hope the best luck for every one here in this very helpful forum ☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

first take a copy of the passport profile page and the visa page before you send anything out (BTW you will get the old one back when new one is process -just for your information)/ will take longer than a month / mail to US Morocco office and then they mail to Morocco,  do the paperwork and mail it back to US embassy

take your original marriage license to SS office (some have required this)/ along with 2 proofs at US address (photo ID like driving license or name on a utility bill or rent lease, etc.)

The Morocco embassy in DC handles passport renewals for Morocco passports / if you send to one of the other embassies ,  it has to be forwarded to DC (and wastes time) 

Address: 1211 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
On 10/25/2020 at 9:44 AM, JeanneAdil said:

first take a copy of the passport profile page and the visa page before you send anything out (BTW you will get the old one back when new one is process -just for your information)/ will take longer than a month / mail to US Morocco office and then they mail to Morocco,  do the paperwork and mail it back to US embassy

take your original marriage license to SS office (some have required this)/ along with 2 proofs at US address (photo ID like driving license or name on a utility bill or rent lease, etc.)

The Morocco embassy in DC handles passport renewals for Morocco passports / if you send to one of the other embassies ,  it has to be forwarded to DC (and wastes time) 

Address: 1211 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036

Ya good to know that's embassy in dc who handle passport renewal. I looked in their website and i found that you have to change ID in order to renew passport bcs i still have my moroccan address on my Moroccan ID, so do i need to sent all in one mail or separate mail if you have already been in the same process. For SSN are you sure that they ask for proof of address? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jad19888 said:

Ya good to know that's embassy in dc who handle passport renewal. I looked in their website and i found that you have to change ID in order to renew passport bcs i still have my moroccan address on my Moroccan ID, so do i need to sent all in one mail or separate mail if you have already been in the same process. For SSN are you sure that they ask for proof of address? 

Adil did not change his Moroccan ID 

he just mailed in the old passport and application

we had to show proof of address to have the card mailed to the right place (and that was for my son's lost card -a USC)

ny of the following are needed by SS on webpage as proofs

• I-551 Permanent Resident Card;
  • I-94 Arrival/Departure Record with unexpired foreign passport or admission stamp in the unexpired foreign passport; or
  • I-766 Employment Authorization Document, (EAD, work permit) from DHS.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Adil did not change his Moroccan ID 

he just mailed in the old passport and application

we had to show proof of address to have the card mailed to the right place (and that was for my son's lost card -a USC)

ny of the following are needed by SS on webpage as proofs

• I-551 Permanent Resident Card;
  • I-94 Arrival/Departure Record with unexpired foreign passport or admission stamp in the unexpired foreign passport; or
  • I-766 Employment Authorization Document, (EAD, work permit) from DHS.

Ok thanks so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.