*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we all get along??? :P

If everyone would simply always agree with anything I say, we will all get along.

If you can't agree to do that, then you should never ask that question again--you will already have your answer.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If everyone would simply always agree with anything I say, we will all get along.

If you can't agree to do that, then you should never ask that question again--you will already have your answer.

john_and_marlene,

If I agreed with everything you said then one of us wouldn't be needed in this world... :D

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs:

i am really tired of people saying that VJ is getting worse and worse.... we have had these same issues since I joined over 3 years ago..

the only thing that has changed is the people.. some of come and some have gone....

when you have this many people on a board there are bound to be people who don't get along.....

we do need to treat each other with respect but we also can't control how other people act.... We can't do that in the real world either so I am not sure why we expect to be able to do that here :blink:

I think the mods are doing the best job they can but they are only human.... they are probably going to make a mistake here and there....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:thumbs:

i am really tired of people saying that VJ is getting worse and worse.... we have had these same issues since I joined over 3 years ago..

the only thing that has changed is the people.. some of come and some have gone....

when you have this many people on a board there are bound to be people who don't get along.....

we do need to treat each other with respect but we also can't control how other people act.... We can't do that in the real world either so I am not sure why we expect to be able to do that here :blink:

I think the mods are doing the best job they can but they are only human.... they are probably going to make a mistake here and there....

:thumbs: 100%

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I'd also like to give a thumbs up to Marilyn's post above in Alex's post. :thumbs:

If you think VJ is worse now, there were things that happened 2 years ago that really made me mad, I won't even bring up the subject, and I couldn't believe how rude some VJers were, some who later went on to complain how bad VJ had gotten. I couldn't help but laugh since they helped make it so harsh at one time(not anyone in this thread). It's just a repeating cycle.

What ever happened to the phrase we are all taught as kids?

IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

Read the bait, ignore it, the baiter gets bored because of no retaliation and goes away.

Thats what I was always taught as a kid. If somebody calls you names or teases you, its only because they want to get a rise from you. I was told to ignore whatever they were saying, they would eventually get bored with the lack of response, and would eventually move on to someone else to pick on

Its pretty much the same scenario here, its like a school yard bully incident most of the time.

Just my opinion.

Jodee

What ever happened to the phrase we are all taught as kids?

IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

Read the bait, ignore it, the baiter gets bored because of no retaliation and goes away.

Thats what I was always taught as a kid. If somebody calls you names or teases you, its only because they want to get a rise from you. I was told to ignore whatever they were saying, they would eventually get bored with the lack of response, and would eventually move on to someone else to pick on

Its pretty much the same scenario here, its like a school yard bully incident most of the time.

Just my opinion.

Jodee

I've found that with certain posters, even months of consistent ignoring does nothing to stop the baiting. Some people are especially persistent, I guess.

I agree with both Jodee and Jenn...

I say both because I have seen some posters who seem to love to start trouble with people. Most people on VJ are not like this I feel.

But sometimes it's so obvious that if that person was just ignored, they'd realize their opinions mean little to people on here. (I am not referring to any person participating in this thread). But instead people join in on the fight and it goes on and on and the "bully" remains the bully b/c sometimes they just have a way with words to never get insulted themselves and yet insult everyone else. It doesn't change the bully to argue with them. They seem to love it. Ignoring them will frustrate them and maybe they will shut up eventually. I have done it, when someone is being nasty to me for no reason, kindness can kill them fast. :P And there is a way to address comments that are out of line without joining in mud slinging I feel.

But if someone, after being ignored for months as Jenn said, still is being a harassing pain, then reporting them repeatedly is a must until something is done.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Unfortunately if you are going to go to personal attacks, it doesn't make you look much better than the person you are mad at.

Filed: Timeline

Since things are out there...it's the elephant in the room.

Why on earth are you on VJ if you haven't even filed? I mean, I would never be here if I didn't need to be. You have never once offered immigration advice, only posted in the UK & OT.

I believe you did just recently, but who knows as there is no timeline?

Edited by devilette

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ah! Stop with the personal attacks! And stop piggybacking on personal attacks! There are plenty of mean things to say about everyone. We don't have to voice them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Devilette,

And you couldn't ask these questions in a PM because.....???? Just because "things are out there" doesn't mean you have to partake. This thread has really taken a turn for the worse. All the personal attacks are incredibly pointless.

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline
Ah! Stop with the personal attacks! And stop piggybacking on personal attacks! There are plenty of mean things to say about everyone. We don't have to voice them.

I was typing something similar but you said it better, so I will just ditto it!