Vann

Please answer this question! I feel so nervous about this :/

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all! I recently received a letter in the mail saying my K1 Fiance Visa petition was approved on June 6 and that it would be forwarded to Manila Embassy, Philippines. Generally, how long does it take for my fiance to receive the info packet and to have our interview at this point?

A general timeframe for how long it usually takes from this point is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Also--if I'm not yet ready for an interview date, is it possible to reschedule? Thanks!

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all! I recently received a letter in the mail saying my K1 Fiance Visa petition was approved on June 6 and that it would be forwarded to Manila Embassy, Philippines. Generally, how long does it take for my fiance to receive the info packet and to have our interview at this point?

A general timeframe for how long it usually takes from this point is what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Also--if I'm not yet ready for an interview date, is it possible to reschedule? Thanks!

u have 3-4 months still to wait for your interview. you will get the packet a month before your interview. u can check my timeline for it.

don't worry about the interview. its so simple. just get ready with the requirements.

Gud lak!

Timeline

Thanks in advance!

u have 3-4 months still to wait for your interview. you will get the packet a month before your interview. u can check my timeline for it.

don't worry about the interview. its so simple. just get ready with the requirements.

Gud lak!

Thank you very much! However, the link didn't take me to your webpage :/

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Timeline

Thanks in advance!

Gud lak!

Well, I'm having anothe problem. I need more time to save money to bring her here and will not have that money until May or June. Is it possible to resquedule the interview date so that I have more time to save the money?

Timeline

Is it possible to reschedule an embassy interview for my fiance? There are time and money issues that I really must take care of and I need additional time before the interview. Is this possible? Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks in advance!

Gud lak!

Well, I'm having anothe problem. I need more time to save money to bring her here and will not have that money until May or June. Is it possible to resquedule the interview date so that I have more time to save the money?

You can delay sending back the packet 3. They won't schedule the interview until packet 3 is returned. Once the visa is issued, your fiancee will have six months to enter the US.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Is it possible to reschedule an embassy interview for my fiance? There are time and money issues that I really must take care of and I need additional time before the interview. Is this possible? Thanks.

You already asked this question. You don't have an interview scheduled yet but yes, you may also ask that the interview be delayed. For instance, you can delay returning the packet 3 for a couple months then send a note saying you would like an interview date not before X. I would not delay all the way until next spring though. She can enter the US anytime in the six months after the visa is issued.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The timelines on this site will give you your best estimate, that is what they are for. Filter for Philippines Look at NOA2, and interview date on them and you can estimate the time.

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...es&dfile=No

And :time: Yours: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=29822

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another thing to consider is she has 6 months to come to the US after her K-1 visa is issued.

Timeline

You already asked this question. You don't have an interview scheduled yet but yes, you may also ask that the interview be delayed. For instance, you can delay returning the packet 3 for a couple months then send a note saying you would like an interview date not before X. I would not delay all the way until next spring though. She can enter the US anytime in the six months after the visa is issued.

hi i just want to clarify because im also planning to delay my visa till i finished my nursing course on march 2008.there is validity for petition,am i right?would this affect if i delay the sending of packet 3?

You may re-schedule interview but generally, we do not suggest that you do that because it could take a while before Manila Embassy sets a new date. It will take another 2-3 months wait plus the hassle of calling them every now and then to find out if a new sched has been set. Also, you have to give a reason why you need to re-schedule. Saying you have monetary issues is definitely not a good reason. Could result in AR.

Pushbrk, Manila beneficiaries do not get Packet 3 so there is nothing to send back. After NOA2, we receive a pre-interview notice, then Packet 4 with our medical and interview date. Everything is controlled by Manila Embassy.

Regarding validity, K1 visa is valid for six months from date of issue.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vann - can you find a cosponsor? Are you concerned about the proof you need to show the embassy or the actual practical costs of supporting your wife?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Vann - can you find a cosponsor? Are you concerned about the proof you need to show the embassy or the actual practical costs of supporting your wife?

The rate of denial is high for K1 with co-sponsors processing through Manila Embassy. If one plans to use co-sponsor/joint sponsor, you'd better be on CR-1 to up chances of approval.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.