shankskaunda@yaho

My CEAC status status has been in ready for 8 days after interview

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this before. My CEAC status has not changed it's"READY" status since my interview 8 days ago. It has shown updates 3 times since the interview on the date part but the status still showing  ready. Should I be concerned?and how long does it take to get visa issued. The embassy just got my medical results on the 14th of October but the medical center said it will only show in the embassy system a day later. Please help if any body has experienced this. Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry about ceac status unless it says "REFUSED" or "DENIED "  Then you can become concerned 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 3:57 AM, shankskaunda@yaho said:

I would like to know if anyone has experienced this before. My CEAC status has not changed it's"READY" status since my interview 8 days ago. It has shown updates 3 times since the interview on the date part but the status still showing  ready. Should I be concerned?and how long does it take to get visa issued. The embassy just got my medical results on the 14th of October but the medical center said it will only show in the embassy system a day later. Please help if any body has experienced this. Thanks

Please update when you receive your Visa or see your status change! We had our interview at the Dublin Embassy on Friday, October 16th and our status also still says READY. Our case shows it was last updated on the 16th, but I'm not sure if that occurred before or after the interview. We had our medical completed 2 weeks before the interview, so all paperwork was in order and we received verbal approval.

Like you, I'm anxious to see progress towards the issuing of the Visa!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 7:57 PM, shankskaunda@yaho said:

Usually after the interview, the status will stay as "Ready" for couple days and once they work on your visa, the status will change to "Administrative Processing" and from there when the embassy ready to print out your visa, the status will change to "Issued". What did CO tell you about your visa approval in the end of the interview?

In my case, in the end of the interview the CO said my visa got approved and I will get my passport in a week. I kept checking my status after that with the above process, and my status changed to "Issued" after 3 days and got my passport on the next day. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

I am still waiting for the Issued. Interview was on oct 5th date changed on the 6th and then on the 8th went to AP. It has been on AP since. I emailed the embassy yesterday and was told this morning that the visa is ready to be printed and there is nothing else needed from me. Mind you im still in AP. I know you will be anxious until you are here in the States but try not stress too much. You were verbally approved and if something was wrong you would have seen a refused or received an email from the embassy telling you so. 

03/01/2008: Mailed N-400 to NSC :

03/03/2008: N-400 was delivered :

03/12/2008: N-400 was returned :

03/13/2008: Mailed N-400 to NSC Again:

03/17/2008: N-400 was delivered again:

Timeline
14 minutes ago, XSoldiergal said:

I am still waiting for the Issued. Interview was on oct 5th date changed on the 6th and then on the 8th went to AP. It has been on AP since. I emailed the embassy yesterday and was told this morning that the visa is ready to be printed and there is nothing else needed from me. Mind you im still in AP. I know you will be anxious until you are here in the States but try not stress too much. You were verbally approved and if something was wrong you would have seen a refused or received an email from the embassy telling you so. 

Wow! I called the embassy on Friday and was told that they are processing my application and i have just noticed that the CEAC has updated again today but the status is still ready. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

Usually after the interview, the status will stay as "Ready" for couple days and once they work on your visa, the status will change to "Administrative Processing" and from there when the embassy ready to print out your visa, the status will change to "Issued". What did CO tell you about your visa approval in the end of the interview?

In my case, in the end of the interview the CO said my visa got approved and I will get my passport in a week. I kept checking my status after that with the above process, and my status changed to "Issued" after 3 days and got my passport on the next day. 

At the end of the interview I was given a 221g form because i had wrong passport size photo  and police report was missing signature.So the CO told me that as soon as he gets these docs he will process as fast as possible. I just checked now the case  shows updated but still not ready.

Timeline

My case updated to issued today. It went from Ready->Administrative Processing (AP) ->Issued. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
23 hours ago, shankskaunda@yaho said:

At the end of the interview I was given a 221g form because i had wrong passport size photo  and police report was missing signature.So the CO told me that as soon as he gets these docs he will process as fast as possible. I just checked now the case  shows updated but still not ready.

I see. Maybe they still processing your application. Hopefully it will change to Administrative Processing soon :)

Timeline

My case was in Ready for 3 days before it turned to AP. However someone i know interviewed same embassy and stayed at ready for 15 days then turned to AP on day 16 then to issued day 17. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.