TP & RK

K1 Visa: Did not pay MRV fee? Notification of Readiness said not to...

7 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone!

So we are a little confused. We sent in our Notification of Readiness to the Dublin Consulate days before K1 visas were put on hold.

In our Notification of Readiness packet its highlighted to say, PLEASE DO NOT PAY THE VISA FEE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. (Image 1)

So obviously we didn't...  and then 3 days later we received a message saying that appointments were on  hold. 

Now, we're seeing messages on the Dublin Consulate's website that say they are processing Visa applications that have paid the MRV fee. 

And after reviewing our email, now I'm seeing that it states that the "MRV fee is valid and may be used for a visa application for one year"  (Image 2)

• Does this mean they are processing  K1 visa applications for people who already had appointments scheduled ONLY?
  • Did we miss a step, were we supposed to pay the MRV fee immediately after we filled out the DS-160?
  • Am I confusing the "VISA FEE" for something other than the "MRV fee"?
  • Are we able to pay it now?
  • Does anyone else have a similar circumstance with the Dublin Consulate?

1.  image.png.4f6d94298901ef207436f0a263b849cc.png
  2. image.thumb.png.1aadd34f7d490d81d25860f5df41e4b8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 hours ago, TP & RK said:

Hello everyone!

So we are a little confused. We sent in our Notification of Readiness to the Dublin Consulate days before K1 visas were put on hold.

In our Notification of Readiness packet its highlighted to say, PLEASE DO NOT PAY THE VISA FEE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. (Image 1)

So obviously we didn't...  and then 3 days later we received a message saying that appointments were on  hold. 

Now, we're seeing messages on the Dublin Consulate's website that say they are processing Visa applications that have paid the MRV fee. 

And after reviewing our email, now I'm seeing that it states that the "MRV fee is valid and may be used for a visa application for one year"  (Image 2)

• Does this mean they are processing  K1 visa applications for people who already had appointments scheduled ONLY?
  • Did we miss a step, were we supposed to pay the MRV fee immediately after we filled out the DS-160?
  • Am I confusing the "VISA FEE" for something other than the "MRV fee"?
  • Are we able to pay it now?
  • Does anyone else have a similar circumstance with the Dublin Consulate?

1.  image.png.4f6d94298901ef207436f0a263b849cc.png
  2. image.thumb.png.1aadd34f7d490d81d25860f5df41e4b8.png
  • Does this mean they are processing  K1 visa applications for people who already had appointments scheduled ONLY? As af as I know the first step for Embassy to start from is your visa application. Then they send you an instracton to prepare for interview when it is said you need to feel DS 160 form, pay the fee and schedual your interview).
  • Did we miss a step, were we supposed to pay the MRV fee immediately after we filled out the DS-160? There is no particular time to pay the fee. I paid mine way before the fill up DS 160 form. All you need to know that the fee is valid 1 year and valid in that country where you aplly for the visa. Who has already paid the fee, due to COVID, US Embassies extended the validity of payments untill 31 Dec. 2021.
  • Am I confusing the "VISA FEE" for something other than the "MRV fee"? Nope, it's the same. MRV - Machine Readable Visa  (MRV).
  • Are we able to pay it now? We paid our in March and haven't got an instruction yet.  But I don't find it superfluous. I would ) The only reason they mentioned "do not pay until ...." because the fe valid only one year, and if something happens like now pandemic oyur fee will expired and its gonna be only your fault ))) I think it is just thier standart wording.
  • Does anyone else have a similar circumstance with the Dublin Consulate? I'm not from Dublin but hopefully helped you a bit )
  •  
Edited by NJ team

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NJ team said:
  • Are we able to pay it now? We paid our in March and haven't got an instruction yet.  But I don't find it superfluous. I would ) The only reason they mentioned "do not pay until ...." because the fe valid only one year, and if something happens like now pandemic oyur fee will expired and its gonna be only your fault ))) I think it is just thier standart wording.
  • Does anyone else have a similar circumstance with the Dublin Consulate? I'm not from Dublin but hopefully helped you a bit )

Ahh I see... that makes sense. I'm just nervous that now that we didn't pay the visa fee we aren't going to get priority treatment over others who may have paid the fee but filed after us.

I'm even more nervous that our case will get lost/mismanaged as we literally submitted the Notification of Readiness right before everything shut down, we received the email from Dublin Consulate (Image 2) about 2 or 3 days later

and have not heard anything back since. I honestly don't know where to go from here. I want to call the Dublin Consulate again but I probably won't  get anywhere there....Ready to not feel like a sitting duck again! Bleh.

Thank you for help in clarify, very much appreciated 🙂

Timeline
1 hour ago, TP & RK said:

Ahh I see... that makes sense. I'm just nervous that now that we didn't pay the visa fee we aren't going to get priority treatment over others who may have paid the fee but filed after us.

I'm even more nervous that our case will get lost/mismanaged as we literally submitted the Notification of Readiness right before everything shut down, we received the email from Dublin Consulate (Image 2) about 2 or 3 days later

and have not heard anything back since. I honestly don't know where to go from here. I want to call the Dublin Consulate again but I probably won't  get anywhere there....Ready to not feel like a sitting duck again! Bleh.

Thank you for help in clarify, very much appreciated 🙂

That's what I have found on the US Embassy Ireland website it said https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Interviews are by appointment only.  You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Dublin will notify you of an interview date and time and also provide instructions on registration for the courier service and paying the MRV application fee.

At least they sent you an email saying that they got your notice of readiness and they can confirm the receipt.

I would definitely call them tomorrow. Mention about the Embassy having your notice of readiness. I would also ask if they started to process K1 visas as well just in case )) may they have some update.

In Ukraine now, as I know, they schedual interview since Sept 2, with those who got en email from the Embassy back in Feb/March 2020. The only answer you can get from - the Embassy, so call them.

Have you filled DS-160 form up yet?

As I mention paying my fee back in March 2020, this info in my personal account, so now I'm aware they know I paid< even they didint started to procees K 1 visa in my counrty.

Don't worry, it all will be all right :)

my account.png

Timeline
41 minutes ago, NJ team said:

That's what I have found on the US Embassy Ireland website it said https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Interviews are by appointment only.  You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Dublin will notify you of an interview date and time and also provide instructions on registration for the courier service and paying the MRV application fee.

At least they sent you an email saying that they got your notice of readiness and they can confirm the receipt.

I would definitely call them tomorrow. Mention about the Embassy having your notice of readiness. I would also ask if they started to process K1 visas as well just in case )) may they have some update.

In Ukraine now, as I know, they schedual interview since Sept 2, with those who got en email from the Embassy back in Feb/March 2020. The only answer you can get from - the Embassy, so call them.

Have you filled DS-160 form up yet?

As I mention paying my fee back in March 2020, this info in my personal account, so now I'm aware they know I paid< even they didint started to procees K 1 visa in my counrty.

Don't worry, it all will be all right :)

That's a neat dashboard you have, is that available through the Russian Embassy? 

Also yes we have the DS-160 completed but we submitted so close to when everything shut down we didn't get a notification for interview or told to pay MRV fee.

But you're right, another person suggested we email as well, I think we will do that just to see if they started to process our application.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, TP & RK said:

That's a neat dashboard you have, is that available through the Russian Embassy? 

Also yes we have the DS-160 completed but we submitted so close to when everything shut down we didn't get a notification for interview or told to pay MRV fee.

But you're right, another person suggested we email as well, I think we will do that just to see if they started to process our application.

yep, in Russia whoever travel to the states need to have a personal account where we all schedual for the interview ourselves :( In my case when I get an instruction from the Embassy who knows how long I will apply for my interview date :(

I know in some countries as well as in your counrty you guys get from the US Embassy, along with the instruction, the exact intervew date. How lucky you re!

If I were you I would pay that fee and see what's gonna happen next. At least this fee will be valid for 1 year. If you loose, you loose, $265 no big deal. At least you tried. So good luck tomorrow with the Embassy update.

Keep in touch!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Looks like a generate message that went out to all waiting for the interview

CR1 and IR1 do pay fees to NVC 

most embassies take the MRV fee day of interview for K1

but much eaiser to send one message than individual ones to each of the applicants and bene's 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.