flicks1998

The nightmare of securing a Philippine visa

22 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I think that the Philippines will open up out of necessity. Let's face it, they need foreign money and their draconian lock down is killing them. I am just holding out hope that they lift restrictions soon because I don't want to jump through hoops to go there just to have them open up during the process. I am only waiting on the interview to be scheduled so my wife and kids can come here. I want to be there for the interview and medical so I am just hoping they open up soon.

Just FYI, as of now, only the beneficiary can attend the interview.  They are not allowing other applicants or the petitioner to attend.  If you have children as part of the application, they may or not not be allowed in (that needs to be confirmed) but I know us, the petitioners, cannot go even with children.  

The Philippines has opened up a little bit more on November 1st to allow 47a2 visa holders (type of work visa) and another type of uncommon investor visa.  Most of Asia is still closed, at best some countries allow travelers to quarantine for 2 weeks upon entering.

The economic carnage is the next problem to come.  Its already happened but there has been very little focus on it and n obody knows the real damage yet.  But China is doing well, they will have almost 5% GDP growth this year. :)

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

41 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Just FYI, as of now, only the beneficiary can attend the interview.  They are not allowing other applicants or the petitioner to attend.  If you have children as part of the application, they may or not not be allowed in (that needs to be confirmed) but I know us, the petitioners, cannot go even with children.  

The Philippines has opened up a little bit more on November 1st to allow 47a2 visa holders (type of work visa) and another type of uncommon investor visa.  Most of Asia is still closed, at best some countries allow travelers to quarantine for 2 weeks upon entering.

The economic carnage is the next problem to come.  Its already happened but there has been very little focus on it and n obody knows the real damage yet.  But China is doing well, they will have almost 5% GDP growth this year. :)

Yes, but even if I can't attend my wife will feel better if I am in the Philippines during the process. And since the kids will not be allowed I can babysit and have more bonding time 🙂

I finally got all of the documents (I hope) and have mailed them to the Philippine Consulate in NYC today.  They will probably get my documents by Thursday and I have paid the expedite fee so hopefully will have a positive response by early next week.  

It took about a week to get the documents from the Philippines that are needed for the application.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

• 2 weeks later...

I received my passport with the visa back in the mail today from the NY Consulate.  BUT, they put the wrong words on the visa and I have to mail it back to them. 😡

They put "spouse of Filipino national" and not "foreign parent of minor Filipino child".  I feel like Im working back in Manila.  

Edited by flicks1998

15 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

I received my passport with the visa back in the mail today from the NY Consulate.  BUT, they put the wrong words on the visa and I have to mail it back to them. 😡

They put "spouse of Filipino national" and not "foreign parent of minor Filipino child".  I feel like Im working back in Manila.  

This is like the time I tried to order a cheese pizza from Yellow Cab.  It wasn't on the menu so I requested a pepperoni pizza and hold the pepperoni's, of course I got the reply back that sir we can't do that.

Today I did get my passport back with the new updated visa with the correct terminology.  

My flight was changed from November 26th to November 28th on PAL from JFK to Manila.  For PAL, within 3 days of the flight, you need to go into the website and register for a COVID test.  Also, NAIA still has a daily limit on passengers and I did get a message from the airline mentioning this.  Im not sure if they are expecting more OFWs etc to fly back for the holidays but it may present a situation where someone could be denied boarding and moved to a different day.  I know if all airlines that are currently flying into Manila are full, NAIA would be over the daily capacity. 

1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

Today I did get my passport back with the new updated visa with the correct terminology.  

My flight was changed from November 26th to November 28th on PAL from JFK to Manila.  For PAL, within 3 days of the flight, you need to go into the website and register for a COVID test.  Also, NAIA still has a daily limit on passengers and I did get a message from the airline mentioning this.  Im not sure if they are expecting more OFWs etc to fly back for the holidays but it may present a situation where someone could be denied boarding and moved to a different day.  I know if all airlines that are currently flying into Manila are full, NAIA would be over the daily capacity. 

Safe trips and keep us updated.............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.