mjsexy

K1 Visa - 43 Cases Approved in August

27 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I dont believe this report sows how many were denied.  That is out there somewhere.  Let me look for it.

I know of only the report that shows the global totals for approved/denied cases per visa category (see Workload reports).  They don't show the breakdown by country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I dont believe this report sows how many were denied.  That is out there somewhere.  Let me look for it.

Thank you. I haven’t been able to find anything myself 

2 hours ago, Simone Jakobsen said:

Thank you. I haven’t been able to find anything myself 

This is a discussion we had about State Dept approval rates some time ago...It helped me pass the time while we were waiting))

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

14 minutes ago, boris64 said:

This is a discussion we had about State Dept approval rates some time ago...It helped me pass the time while we were waiting))

Checking out visa stats has become one of my distractions too :D

Fun fact: 1 out of every 5 K visa holders worldwide in FY19 is a Filipino!

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableXVII.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, user555 said:

41 K1 visas were approved in September in Manila. You can request an expedite from NVC. That's the only way that these K1 applicants are getting an interview. 

We received an expedite, but from USEM and not NVC as our case was already with USEM since February.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, mjsexy said:

@flicks 1998 what is USEM and what did you say to the embass to expedite your request. Appreciate your response.

USEM is US Embassy Manila.  I sent two reasons for an expedite.  I moved back to the US only because I wanted my son in school in the US and not the PI and because of the hold up in K1s, he was stuck in the PI.  The other was I mentioned I work with one of the organizations who is developing a COVID vaccine and from now through the middle of next year, I wont be able to assist my sons remote learning and needed my fiance's help in the US to help manage this as she cant work right away anyway.  Most of these organizations involved in this development have the development, manufacturing and distribution coordinated in various countries and I will need to travel due to that.  I provided supporting documents for both situations. 

Just FYI, the PI is looking to go to the least quarantine restrictions nationwide probably in Jan-Feb.  If the US Embassy does not start processing K1s by then, then the slow down is not "local COVID conditions" but probably unjustified reasons by the State Dept, who in my book have lost all credibility.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, mjsexy said:

@flicks 1998 

Is USEM means embassy? and what did you say to them to expedite your request. Appreciate your response.

Also, expedite appears to mean at least 6 weeks.  We received the email on October 23rd, but the interview is not scheduled until December 3rd.  

The original letter from USEM that we could schedule an interview was date February 2020 and then the pandemic came and everything was cancelled.  

5 minutes ago, mjsexy said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Thats actually a valid reason. I understand why you got approved for expedite.

Also, I was going to mention, I wrote the Embassy on September 21st and 28th asking for an expedite and nobody ever acknowledged my emails.  Just out of the blue, my fiance received an "expedite" email on October 23rd.  So, if you have written to the Embassy for an expedite without a reply, it appears they arent ignoring the request, I guess.  So, I really dont know if my reasons were considered valid or not by the Embassy or if because we are starting to get close to the one year anniversary of the Embassy receiving our case, they have decided to process it.  I am trying to find other K1s in that Jan/Feb timeframe who had their original interviews cancelled by COVID but there appears to not be too many on this board. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.