Burnt Reynolds

FBI uncovers armed militia plot to abduct Michigan Gov. Whitmer

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The mass numbers are on the ANTIFA/BLM side and that is why they inevitably get the focus, but they certainly share very similar views.

Not sure if I can find it now but I remember reading about Europe in the 20's and 30's and there were many Politicians that fluxed between Communists and Fascists.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Didn’t the Portland Antifa/terrorist groups show up at the mayors residence?  Didn’t the protestors/rioters in Portland and Seattle use lasers and incendiary devices to attack police (you know public officials)?  I fail to see the difference in these groups from an extreme standpoint.  They may be ideologically separate, but they have many of the same goals and both deserve the proper punishment.

Was there a large plot to kidnap the mayor though, or were they showing up to protest? Even if that protest became an unlawful assembly, is there any evidence they were going to kidnap the mayor and overthrow the city of Portland? 

Edited by laylalex
Typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

The mass numbers are on the ANTIFA/BLM side and that is why they inevitably get the focus, but they certainly share very similar views.

Not sure if I can find it now but I remember reading about Europe in the 20's and 30's and there were many Politicians that fluxed between Communists and Fascists.

That mass numbers if what exactly?

You don't have information that ties the arrested to Antifascists or Black Lies matter. Some are directly linked to white supremacy so that would be a laughable rumour.

10 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

That mass numbers if what exactly?

You don't have information that ties the arrested to Antifascists or Black Lies matter. Some are directly linked to white supremacy so that would be a laughable rumour.

Picking up the slack for NB?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a social media profile for Barry Croft, one if the arrested.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/whitmer-conspiracy-allegations-tied-boogaloo-movement-n1242670

In a social profile verified by date of birth, Croft wore a tricorn hat and a sweatshirt with the insignia of the Three Percenters, an armed anti-government movement. Croft's online footprint shows what appears to have been years of involvement in armed movements.

In 2016, while he was living in Wilkesboro, North Carolina, Croft pushed pro-Trump conspiracy theories that absolved Russia of meddling in the 2016 election, calling investigations of Trump an "uprising."

Croft added that he would be willing to fight for his beliefs and that he would be joined by millions of others, adding that they had more firearms than their perceived enemies.

Filed: Timeline
36 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

In 2016, while he was living in Wilkesboro, North Carolina, Croft pushed pro-Trump conspiracy theories that absolved Russia of meddling in the 2016 election, calling investigations of Trump an "uprising."

What would YOU call the fake Russian narrative attempt to keep Trump from being elected?

1 hour ago, CanAm1980 said:

Here is a social media profile for Barry Croft, one if the arrested.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/whitmer-conspiracy-allegations-tied-boogaloo-movement-n1242670

In a social profile verified by date of birth, Croft wore a tricorn hat and a sweatshirt with the insignia of the Three Percenters, an armed anti-government movement. Croft's online footprint shows what appears to have been years of involvement in armed movements.

Croft added that he would be willing to fight for his beliefs and that he would be joined by millions of others, adding that they had more firearms than their perceived enemies.

The 3%ers are not anti-government at all. They are against government overreach. You need to read up on them from legitimate resources. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/kidnap-plot-whitmer-fox-militia/2020/10/09/ce81751a-0a65-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

One of alleged plotters, 23-year-old Daniel Harris, attended a Black Lives Matter protest in June, telling the Oakland County Times he was upset about the killing of George Floyd and police violence.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

15 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The 3%ers are not anti-government at all. They are against government overreach. You need to read up on them from legitimate resources. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/kidnap-plot-whitmer-fox-militia/2020/10/09/ce81751a-0a65-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

One of alleged plotters, 23-year-old Daniel Harris, attended a Black Lives Matter protest in June, telling the Oakland County Times he was upset about the killing of George Floyd and police violence.

I lost at the "conspiracy theories" about a conspiracy theory.

46 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I lost at the "conspiracy theories" about a conspiracy theory.

That's the problem with most people is that they don't actually look into an organization. They just assume what they hear from the misinformed "reputable news sites" are being factual. When in reality the Proud Boys isn't racist and the 3%ers  aren't racist or anti-government at all. I have friends of mine from both groups and they are not what the news makes them out to be at all.

What people don't understand is that both groups have people of all races in them. 

16 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's the problem with most people is that they don't actually look into an organization. They just assume what they hear from the misinformed "reputable news sites" are being factual. When in reality the Proud Boys isn't racist and the 3%ers  aren't racist or anti-government at all. I have friends of mine from both groups and they are not what the news makes them out to be at all.

What people don't understand is that both groups have people of all races in them. 

I know all about this. In Calgary there was a yellow vest movement I happened to come across protesting in front of city hall one time when going to the train. Rather than presume anything in either direction I not only took one of their flyers they were handing out, but listened to them talk to others and even asked questions myself, wondering what this was all about. They were people highly upset about the collapse of the oil/gas industry and the NDP government screwing them, along with their connections to foreign organizations, most being from the US, but others from BC and Quebec, trying to wreck the economy in AB. At the time, Druh Farrell was my councilor, and I stood next to a CTV reporter ask her right inside city hall if she would meet with these people (who were right outside the building) to discuss their grievances and she just dismissed them offhand calling them white supremacists and right wing extremists and that there's no talking with them. This is, of course, a lady that also tweets more about Trump than her own city/province/country, and promotes far left candidates for office (one of them being a member of the communist party) and Antifa. Getting the gaslight picture? 

I don't have a rosy image of the Proud Boys (there are things I see that are concerning, from the things said to affinity for confrontation), but it seems much of what is said of them is either made up or hyperbole, and most often by extremists who need to caricature others to pull off the moral equivalence stunt of justifying their own extreme fanaticism. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

4 hours ago, laylalex said:

Was there a large plot to kidnap the mayor though, or were they showing up to protest? Even if that protest became an unlawful assembly, is there any evidence they were going to kidnap the mayor and overthrow the city of Portland? 

Protest became an unlawful assembly huh 

Is that MDL talk for Riot ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, laylalex said:

And yet they were blatantly attacking public officials, the police, with almost no prosecution.  I am amazed you are defending people that use tactics to permanently maim or kill another human being regardless of that persons chosen profession.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I know all about this. In Calgary there was a yellow vest movement I happened to come across protesting in front of city hall one time when going to the train. Rather than presume anything in either direction I not only took one of their flyers they were handing out, but listened to them talk to others and even asked questions myself, wondering what this was all about. They were people highly upset about the collapse of the oil/gas industry and the NDP government screwing them, along with their connections to foreign organizations, most being from the US, but others from BC and Quebec, trying to wreck the economy in AB. At the time, Druh Farrell was my councilor, and I stood next to a CTV reporter ask her right inside city hall if she would meet with these people (who were right outside the building) to discuss their grievances and she just dismissed them offhand calling them white supremacists and right wing extremists and that there's no talking with them. This is, of course, a lady that also tweets more about Trump than her own city/province/country, and promotes far left candidates for office (one of them being a member of the communist party) and Antifa. Getting the gaslight picture? 

I don't have a rosy image of the Proud Boys (there are things I see that are concerning, from the things said to affinity for confrontation), but it seems much of what is said of them is either made up or hyperbole, and most often by extremists who need to caricature others to pull off the moral equivalence stunt of justifying their own extreme fanaticism. 

The Proud Boys are by in large big back the Blue guys and overall treat law enforcement with respect. They primarily only show up in order to counter Antifa and that is really the only time they get violent. If you notice a rally where it's Antifa Police in the middle and then PBs then you will see that the police have their backs to the PBs and not Antifa. This is because they do feel like they will be sucker punched in back by the Proud Boys unlike Antifa. 

Edit... There was a Proud Boy rally down in Fayetteville a couple weeks ago which I didn't go to it. But one of my coworkers who is a really nice mid-50's woman went to a "Save the Children Rally" that was being held in the exact same place/time. She said that the Proud Boys surrounded the mostly women who were marching to "keep them safe" and she had no issues with them at all. She flat out said that "they were really nice and just wanted to keep us safe"

Edited by Cyberfx1024