Burnt Reynolds

FBI uncovers armed militia plot to abduct Michigan Gov. Whitmer

75 posts in this topic

The FBI said Thursday it uncovered a plot carried out by an armed militia in Michigan to kidnap Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

Seven known members of militia group Wolverine Watchmen or associates of Wolverine Watchmen face 19 state felony charges filed by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel. Separately, six individuals were charged by U.S. Attorney Andrew Birge with federal felonies following search warrants executed Wednesday.

The suspects, now under arrest, are accused of calling on the groups’ members to identify the homes of law enforcement officers in order to target them; making threats of violence to instigate a civil war leading to societal collapse; and engaging in planning and training for an operation to attack the state Capitol and kidnap government officials, including Gov. Whitmer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-plot-abduct-kill-assassinate

Seems to fit the bill of domestic terrorism.

Apparently the site removed what I had posted and inserted stuff I had written for another thread as well. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-plot-abduct-kill-assassinate

Seems to fit the bill of domestic terrorism.

With polarization and instability being what it's become, it seems stuff like this is going to rise. 

Stranger to me is where 

Glad the FBI and law enforcement uncovered this stupid plot.  I am all for recalling Whitmer, but doing things like this is just wrong.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Oh boy, one of 'em is from Delaware and the Baltimore field office was on that case. I wonder if it's the same couple of idiots that had been making pipe bombs and firing at police over the past few months.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Armed militias are ideas not people 

11 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Armed militias are ideas not people 

Right? The Wray thing is notable.. imagine if people like Wray weren't supporters of Antifa. 

Anyways, what I said that was inexplicably removed by the forums was that I'm glad they were caught, and that it wasn't just their plot against the governor that deserves many, many years in prison (at minimum) but to foment civil war, societal collapse, and attack people that had did nothing wrong. I'm sure they'd be happy to see, however, that US society is slowly sliding in that direction anyways with or without their help. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Well.. not a fan of Trump. Looking more like a libertarian type anarchist. Hard to tell what he thinks of power if he gets it.

Thanks, this is handy.  Had a way-liberal friend of mine today trying to tell me this was one of the fine examples of "Trump's America", meaning this group is some sort of right-wing extremist shindig or something.  I told him to wait a day or two and we'd see the true backing of them.  And looky-looky, antifa is on the hooky!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe BLMers?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
38 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

With the President tweeting hours before the arrests that his supporters should "liberate" Michigan, it is not the best look.

Are you serious right now?  Since WHEN did antifa support Trump?  You mean to tell me these 100+ days of riots in Portland are in support of the president???

Edited by Voice of Reason

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Are you serious right now?  Since WHEN did antifa support Trump?  You mean to tell me these 100+ days of riots in Portland are in support of the president???

Yes I am serious, the president's tweets are a huge liability for this country.

Are you saying the rioters in Portland are connected to the plot to kidnap the Governor of Michigan?