Bunchy

Schedule Oath-taking US Embassy Philippines Appointment

31 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Anyone who has experienced a letter from US Embassy Philippines asking you to schedule an oath-taking? What does it mean? Do they still ask questions like in interview? 

I had my interview for Immigrant visa (EB2) done last year in October. Unfortunately, I was refused under 221g and my documents were returned back to USCIS for additional processing. Now I had another letter from them asking me to schedule an appointment, they have ticked the oath-taking box and not the interview box.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:14 AM, Bunchy said:

Anyone who has experienced a letter from US Embassy Philippines asking you to schedule an oath-taking? What does it mean? Do they still ask questions like in interview? 

I had my interview for Immigrant visa (EB2) done last year in October. Unfortunately, I was refused under 221g and my documents were returned back to USCIS for additional processing. Now I had another letter from them asking me to schedule an appointment, they have ticked the oath-taking box and not the interview box.

At your interview last year, they made you raise your hand and swear that everything you submitted with your visa application is true, right?  Maybe they want you to renew your oath.  Call the embassy to clarify.

Thank you so much. 🙂

Yes, I have sent an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov already. I plan also to call if I did not get any response.

By the way, do you have any idea on how to edit DS-260 which was previously submitted? I have tried to access it but I cannot edit it anymore. They also wanted me to update my DS-260 application form online. 

8 hours ago, Bunchy said:

By the way, do you have any idea on how to edit DS-260 which was previously submitted? I have tried to access it but I cannot edit it anymore. They also wanted me to update my DS-260 application form online. 

Contact their call center and ask if they can re-open your DS-260 for you --

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, ANDENG99 said:

Hello, I have the same situation. We received the letter January 2020 so it will expire january 2021. I cannot schedule an appointment on the website as there are no appointments available. What did you do they don't reply to my emails. Please help. I cannot also contact them

May I know what visa category you're applying? With my case it's not me who will schedule, it's the Embassy. Until now, I'm still waiting. Try to call their call center. This is what I'm doing because I could not get any response from them via e-mail. If you will call the customer support, they can raise an escalation case about your concern.

Edited by Bunchy

• 2 months later...

Same situation. I had my interview Feb 2021 and after 7 business days, I received a letter from US Embassy stating that I need to schedule an appointment for another Oath-taking. So I called the "Call us" button on USTraveldocs website, I used a computer and after so many attempts I was able to speak to an agent.

call.png.ed48736167dfa4b804ac747b85d9d705.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They created a case for me and requested an appointment for Oath-taking. I received an email right away containing details on the said request and that they will respond accordingly within 1 to 2 business days. I'm just waiting for a response from them, hopefully soon. I'll try to post if I receive info from them too, for reference, might help. I'll also check this thread because it might help my situation. 

reply.png.942f41b999de02b50c9f366b23d6f28d.png

On 2/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, caloysquad said:

So I just received an email today about the schedule of my Oath taking that we requested yesterday February 18th 2021. So far so good, since they scheduled it next week. I don't know about the fee though, I'll update as soon as I have info. 

Were you scheduled at US Embassy Manila? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.