Steeleballz

New England Journal of Medicine blasts Trump officials' response to virus, calls for new leaders

83 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, laylalex said:

How do you know he's beaten it? I mean, we haven't heard anything from the doctors that he has made it through and recovered. He left Walter Reed, but we do not know if that was at his own request (can't hold him) or if the doctors said "you're doing great now, go home." I think it's highly unlikely that he's recovered given how recently he got the positive result after testing negative repeatedly. 

Actually the doctor said he had met or exceed every requirement to be released 

35 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Still, it's the first time they have referred to a sitting president as dangerously incompetent! Not just incompetent, but dangerously incompetent. OOTP with that one!

Still its nothing more than a political opinion by a supposed un biased medical journal.  Its about like giving Obama the Nobel prize for nothing.  Ruins their credibility 

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Being released and having recovered aren't the same things though. People get released before they are fully recovered from all sorts of things all the time.

I just saw him on TV speaking outdoors this afternoon (I think). He doesn't look well, and I say that out of genuine concern. 

37 minutes ago, laylalex said:

My experience knowing Harvard types is that they're not exactly the most liberal people. What they are is deeply dedicated to letting you know they went to Harvard. :P 

Harvard is a well known haven for right wing activist. Said no one ever

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

There were many times my dad was punted out of the hospital, because he met requirements. That's generally how it works, but doesn't indicate anything about if the patient has recovered. In general that's not how it works with this disease. He is nowhere near the recovery phase yet, and let's hope he's also not a long-hauler, as so many have discovered after a milder phase, things start getting really wild.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Harvard faculty backs Democrats 96% of the time, says school paper

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harvard-faculty-backs-democrats-96-of-the-time-says-school-paper

Filed: Timeline
44 minutes ago, laylalex said:

My experience knowing Harvard types is that they're not exactly the most liberal people. What they are is deeply dedicated to letting you know they went to Harvard. :P 

I have noticed that sort of narcissistic behavior in pretty much anyone who went to a private school.

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Harvard faculty backs Democrats 96% of the time, says school paper

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harvard-faculty-backs-democrats-96-of-the-time-says-school-paper

All I can say is the people I know who went to Harvard aren't all blazing liberals. They have a reputation along with Princeton as being a haven for conservative students and student organizations in the Ivy League. I went to the one that's for freaks and weirdos and artsy types. There was a lot of drinking wearing kaftans, and that was just the guys. :P 

Anyway, yeah. We don't know what's really going on now. I don't know how you can look at Trump speaking today and think, okay, that guy looks fine now.

10 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Still its nothing more than a political opinion by a supposed un biased medical journal.  Its about like giving Obama the Nobel prize for nothing.  Ruins their credibility 

Obama didn't deserve to get the Nobel prize. In that case, it does hurt the credibility of the nomination committee.  The Trump administration does deserve getting called out for dangerous and incompetent behavior. That enhances the credibility of the NEJM.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have noticed that sort of narcissistic behavior in pretty much anyone who went to a private school.

Oh, like Trump (University of Pennsylvania)? :P 

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Kind of.  I was thinking more of a certain left coast individual..

Huh, I though Santa Clara U where Newsom went was public, but it's not. Good catch.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yeah, we don't know what is doctor told the President, just the line the doctor told us.