DoodBoy

CR1 for Arrange marriage/Nikkah only in Pakistan

29 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

What does this mean?  Most people would be happy to get the 10 year GC vs the 2 year conditional GC.  

Also, it's good that you're planning ahead, but if you haven't been documentary qualified yet through NVC, you may have a couple of years yet to go in the process.  Your embassy is backed up and fraught with other issues.

what? couple of years? you mean months...my expectation was at max 6months she'll be here with me, sipping latte in me casa... where did years come from man?

3 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

what? couple of years? you mean months...my expectation was at max 6months she'll be here with me, sipping latte in me casa... where did years come from man?

Again, you've not done a lick of reading or researching the process, have you?

Visa Journey is absolutely full of threads by people who were DQd for Islamabad in early 2020, and have yet to receive an interview.  That embassy is also very well known for its extended administrative processes after interviews, as a result of poor recordkeeping/no centralized criminal records.

Do some research, please.  The entire US immigration process is much more complex and time-consuming than you seem to realize.  Good luck.

Edited by Jorgedig

24 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Again, you've not done a lick of reading or researching the process, have you?

Visa Journey is absolutely full of threads by people who were DQd for Islamabad in early 2020, and have yet to receive an interview.  That embassy is also very well known for its extended administrative processes after interviews, as a result of poor recordkeeping/no centralized criminal records.

Do some research, please.  The entire US immigration process is much more complex and time-consuming than you seem to realize.  Good luck.

ok, well thank you for being upfront/blunt with me, that's what i like actually. I didn't research deeper in threads as i thought my case was simple plain vanilla while other's have complex cases. But you've brought it to light the norm for Isalamabad cases. hmmm a bitter reality to accept then... 

So knowing this timeline that it could EASILY take 1 more year. It shows, that US immigration system for it's citizens is outrageously bad & begging for a reform... @ what end can the system become more efficent, i wonder.

do you feel system has gotten any better over election of biden? same? worse?

my experience in online application has been smooth, only complain is the ''waiting time'' more staffing is needed perhaps?

So time to adjust plans.. 

Edited by DoodBoy

23 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

You need to do some reading on this forum. 

Read here: 

And here 

1 hour ago, DoodBoy said:

the DQ, yes so i am to wait for DQ confirmation email first.  I submitted in Dec 2021, on average how long do they take? any idea.. interview depends on queue at consulate i guess.  Queue at Islamabad is very long. Look at the link I posted above. NVC is currently taking 3 months so if all your documents are in order your'll get DQed in March. If your documents are not in order you have to re-upload what is missing and wait another +/- 3 months. 

So if 2 yrs go by in the process, i dont have to re-apply everything? that's a relief ! i think it was at USCIS(i130) stage where the 2 yrs lapse crushes the case? right?  what is the worst tht can happen at NVC stage? like if they dont issue visa, they may ask for material to be convinced its legit marriage right? they cant just outright trash our case to a point where one has to re-apply from begining i-130 at USCIS level .. can that happen?  sorry if my Q's annoy u, i like to know the worst case scenario n best case scenario to plan things. NVC just checks you have the correct documents. The CO at the embassy decides if your wife gets the visa or not. If they decide to deny the application you'll have to re-prove your marriage. And might have to file another I-130. 

She is definately getting the IR1 status since 2 yrs anniversary is month away..   She'll get IR1 status if she is given a visa but they might not believe the marriage is real so NO VISA. Doesn't matter how long you've been married. 

is there downside to IR1 status n green card 10 yr? as oppose to permanent one? sounds like downgraded version of greencard for no fault of our own. strange.. IR1 is 10 year GC. 

I suggest you visit your wife with ALL the vacation time you have. It might be another year or so before she has the opportunity to fly to the USA. 

thanks kor2usa(sangwoo) Ali here haha  (jokes /squidgame references, aside).. thanks for the  detail responses man... 3months for DQ, ok thats comforting. denial at interview (worst case) means reprove/ re-apply i130 means  2yrs more wait? that's insane.

Ok so 1 more year, got it. I guess Summer should be right time to vacation there then. We have a semi beef lately. Her family upset that process is so long.. n wife is getting spoiled by tiktok feminist mov't. 

So yea, things to think about.. enjoy my 'freedom' till then? 😊

looking at that thread, a guy has 22months of AP? wta heck?... thats after clearing interivew?i thought passports comes back in 2 weeks once interview is cleared.

Edited by DoodBoy

41 minutes ago, DoodBoy said:

ooking at that thread, a guy has 22months of AP? wta heck?... thats after clearing interivew?i thought passports comes back in 2 weeks once interview is cleared.

Not for Islamabad.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Not for Islamabad.

Yes, but AP for females is often shorter or nothing.  It's unpredictable.  It's unfortunate the OP formed unrealistic expectations.  If her family is having a problem with the length of the process, it's probably because THEY were given unrealistic expectations as well.  Time to come to an understanding all around.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Good god. I am a US citizen looking to get married in Pakistan soon. I haven't even gone there and married the chick yet and ya'll already scarin the s#it outta me man. I am starting to think this over through now. I guess arranged marriage engagement to a Pakistani girl is beginning to look like a bad idea. Should'a just looked for somebody here. 2 years or more wait. Bro, unreal. DoodBoygood luck man. 

14 minutes ago, billa48 said:

Good god. I am a US citizen looking to get married in Pakistan soon. I haven't even gone there and married the chick yet and ya'll already scarin the s#it outta me man. I am starting to think this over through now. I guess arranged marriage engagement to a Pakistani girl is beginning to look like a bad idea. Should'a just looked for somebody here. 2 years or more wait. Bro, unreal. DoodBoygood luck man. 

hey Billa, agree marrying overseas is a mess for US citizens. I actually wanted to marry within USA but my dad didn't cooperate, i could've run off w/ bride (like in movies) but then girl's family didn't like that as they say marriage is between families.  By chance, i came across the MGTOW movt through coach greg adams on utube (redpill community) n the horrors of divorces in US where women are marrying for superficial reasons, having a children, seeking divorce N taking your 50% and kids with them. Basically broad daylight robbery N men can do nothing but watch it happen... So these horrible stories made me play along w/ dad n i trusted my dad's decision, saw the girl/liked the family n did the good deed. I didn't think it would take 2+ yrs 1 yrs max.. but reality is different, looking at these threads.. so yea, it's 'definately better to find someone within US. try muzmatch app or salaams. lot Internet muslim matrimonials sites are growing popular along with many success stories.

Once piece of advice Billa48: look for a girl,whose role model is Khadijah(R.A) not Kim Kardashian.

best of luck

3 hours ago, DoodBoy said:

hey Billa, agree marrying overseas is a mess for US citizens. I actually wanted to marry within USA but my dad didn't cooperate, i could've run off w/ bride (like in movies) but then girl's family didn't like that as they say marriage is between families.  By chance, i came across the MGTOW movt through coach greg adams on utube (redpill community) n the horrors of divorces in US where women are marrying for superficial reasons, having a children, seeking divorce N taking your 50% and kids with them. Basically broad daylight robbery N men can do nothing but watch it happen... So these horrible stories made me play along w/ dad n i trusted my dad's decision, saw the girl/liked the family n did the good deed. I didn't think it would take 2+ yrs 1 yrs max.. but reality is different, looking at these threads.. so yea, it's 'definately better to find someone within US. try muzmatch app or salaams. lot Internet muslim matrimonials sites are growing popular along with many success stories.

Once piece of advice Billa48: look for a girl,whose role model is Khadijah(R.A) not Kim Kardashian.

best of luck

Or how about just find someone you love to marry?  Why does anyone's parents have to be involved in the choice at all?  After all, this is the US.

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Or how about just find someone you love to marry?  Why does anyone's parents have to be involved in the choice at all?  After all, this is the US.

I tried that, didn't work out really well. Was married 13 years, until recently. 13 years I tried for her mood to change. Was like being married to a brick. But then, post partum depression, childhood trauma, PCOS, early onset menopause, she had a lot going on. Lost everything I had worked for, lost the house, lost time with the kid. Either way, I'm happy it's over with. Moving on. Was able to rebuild myself real quick. Now we'll try letting our parents choose. Clearly it's more involved than I had thought. Gladly this girl's family is supportive of us getting to know each other before we wed, even though we were brought together via family connections. It's not like I'm marrying somebody I'll see for the first time at the wedding. That happens too. But overall she's just what the heart doctor prescribed. Would like to have her in the home I've made for us quick, but this CR1 business makes my head spin. 

Yes, 

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Culture mainly. Brought up in west my views have shifted definately. Parent's role should be that of a coach not dictator. They should help you, guide you navigating the stages of life. 

Asian parents/families tend to be overprotective of their kids. It's love indeed but it's suffocating love where it seems to  be hard for them to let their offspring fly away. Lot of asian parents want to ''énjoy'' seeing their kid have a marital life..specially grandkids r everything to them.  They feel they invested all their life to raising kids n somehow kids owe them back by marrying the good girl (their defination off) thats where bounderies are crossed n often compatiblity is overlooked just because the girl is from their brother or friend. She is still an independent being & could be an A-hole n what not? so that due diligence part is overlooked if they KNOW the family... that is BIGGEST mistake in arrange marriages, i noticed. Arrange marriages of old days were different because in past kids followed their customs n values. Nowadays, arrange marriages is just like convenient matrimonial service agents putting pressure to say YES. 

Billa48,  i think MANY people of our planet have the false understanding of Love. After discovering many flaws in my arrange marriage partner, i wanted to END it but then i came across swiss philosopher Alain De Botton on concept of love, which totally changed me from seeking romanticism/superficial LOVE to one of REALITY based, i think it's worth a watch. (English begins at 1:10)  I summarize concept of love is as following: Love is commitment. commit to anyone/anything in life & efforts will bear fruits (insha-Allah) cave-at: must have a cooperating partner.

Edited by DoodBoy

You can have whatever relationship you want.

As long as both partners agree it's all good in my books.

BUT, if you are not interested in marrying and then waiting 1.5- 2 years to live with your partner you might not want to bring a wife over from Pakistan to the US... 

It's all about priorities. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.