43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

did they keep your husband passport? and when does your medical expire

No, they did not keep the passport but I know that returning passport is not a bad sign in Tunisia. I have seen many passports returned for AP reason and they were asked to bring back passport for the visa later. 

Medical will expire after 4 and half month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 3:20 PM, minie07 said:

Hello, My husband had his interview (Tunisia ) on late August. His interview was approved. But according to the consular officer the DS-5535 was needed to issue his visa. He was given 221g sheet and asked to fill out DS-5535 Supplemental Questions as soon as possible. He was told that the form will be sent to Washington DC for a review. We got the DS5535 form on the same day of his interview (appx. after 2 hours). We filled out and send back to them on same day. After sending the form, we sent an email to confirm that they received and send the form to Department of State. We got confirmation email on next day of interview that they received the form and sent to Department of State. He was told that his case now is under Administrative Processing. 

Since then, we have not seen any status or date update on CEAC website. It's been exactly 40 days passed since the interview. I was wondering if anyone been through same process before? I know the process does not have a fix time and it varies US consulate.

My question is, will that be helpful to involve my local congressman or senator in this situation? What rights do we have in order to get an update in our case status?

Thank you

Does your husband have travel history? If so which country?

Timeline
On 10/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, jamesbond123 said:

Does your husband have travel history? If so which country?

yes. He travelled to meet me in Turkey. it was a 2 short trips.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, minie07 said:

yes. He travelled to meet me in Turkey. it was a 2 short trips.

I think there is another person who went to Turkey & had interview in Aug. also got DS 5535.

BS.BT

Edited by jamesbond123

Timeline
29 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

I think there is another person who went to Turkey & had interview in Aug. also got DS 5535.

BS.BT

He is my husband lol :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 10:20 PM, minie07 said:

Hello, My husband had his interview (Tunisia ) on late August. His interview was approved. But according to the consular officer the DS-5535 was needed to issue his visa. He was given 221g sheet and asked to fill out DS-5535 Supplemental Questions as soon as possible. He was told that the form will be sent to Washington DC for a review. We got the DS5535 form on the same day of his interview (appx. after 2 hours). We filled out and send back to them on same day. After sending the form, we sent an email to confirm that they received and send the form to Department of State. We got confirmation email on next day of interview that they received the form and sent to Department of State. He was told that his case now is under Administrative Processing. 

Since then, we have not seen any status or date update on CEAC website. It's been exactly 40 days passed since the interview. I was wondering if anyone been through same process before? I know the process does not have a fix time and it varies US consulate.

My question is, will that be helpful to involve my local congressman or senator in this situation? What rights do we have in order to get an update in our case status?

Thank you

Hi 

Did you got Visa? If yes after how many months?

17 hours ago, Tora_Topak said:

Did you got Visa? If yes after how many months?

That user already closed their VJ account.

Check the thread below for updates from others who had to submit form DS-5535 --

On 10/3/2020 at 10:20 PM, minie07 said:

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Does anyone have any success stories yet on the ds 5535 or are all of you still in AP? I just received email yesterday to complete this form....my case is in Montreal but originated from Pakistan. When I checked my case status it says refused...is that normal?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Fna786 said:

Does anyone have any success stories yet on the ds 5535 or are all of you still in AP? I just received email yesterday to complete this form....my case is in Montreal but originated from Pakistan. When I checked my case status it says refused...is that normal?

It will say refused while u are in AP

3 hours ago, Fna786 said:

Another question...once they approve ds 5535...will they automatically issue the visa or will they call us in for another interview...mine is being done after a waiver approval

Depends on the findings from the DS5535, how much time has elapsed, etc.  Often these APs for Pakistanis are not fast.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Depends on the findings from the DS5535, how much time has elapsed, etc.  Often these APs for Pakistanis are not fast.

Even if the files been transferred to Montreal? We had one interview in Montreal where they were convinced on everything but asked for hardship waiver which now I have an approved one

4 hours ago, Fna786 said:

Even if the files been transferred to Montreal? We had one interview in Montreal where they were convinced on everything but asked for hardship waiver which now I have an approved one

Yes.  It will take as long as the security and background checks take.  They cannot approve anything until those are completed, which can take awhile for Pakistanis, even if they live in Canada.

What was the waiver for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.