Sarge2155

October 2020 - AOS Filers

257 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 3/12/2021 at 11:09 AM, marion2510 said:

I called and asked if it made sense now to request a tier 2 agent call back since I haven't heard anything regarding my biometric apt and my dates are not far from yours, my PD is Oct 29. They put me on the list for the call back.

Hey, did you get a call back? If so, what did they say?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
15 hours ago, BlackAfrodyte said:

Hey, did you get a call back? If so, what did they say?

Ugh... that was on March 11th and they said could take up to 14 days.... Not sure if it's only working business days, if so I'm on day 8, with weekends I'm at 12 days, still NOTHING. Also have not received any follow-up regarding my service request from Feb 25th...

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, CMT said:

Just an update: 6 days ago my I485 changed to: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Unfortunately in San Diego they are still conducting interviews for Jan 2020 filers 😭

hi there, we will be filing for aos soon so i am reading through these past threads. How can you tell which month your local field office is currently scheduling interviews for?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, pooj97 said:

hi there, we will be filing for aos soon so i am reading through these past threads. How can you tell which month your local field office is currently scheduling interviews for?

It’s basically a guessing game..

I found filers from my field office on FB or whatsapp groups and asked about their timelines

3 hours ago, pooj97 said:

Read this, 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info

Then go here.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Select the case type and local office and that will give you a sort of range to think about. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I ended-up reaching out to my Congressman and ask for help moving things for me. I received a response yesterday that I'm scheduled for my biometrics appointment mid may. I have not received the letter yet, and my status hasn't change online, but hopeful :)

Under H1B valid until September 2022.

Marriage based AOS Timeline:

1. 9/30/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox using USPS
  2. 10/2/2020 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 10/26/2020 - Application rejected for outdated I-485 form
  4. 10/27/2020 - Application re-sent to USCIS lockbox using Fedex
  5. 11/19/2020 - Checks cashed (+ got my receipt numbers through online chat the following day)
  6. 11/29/2020 - Received 4 text messages from USCIS with the 4 receipt numbers.
  7. 12/03/2020 - Received 4 NOAs in the mail.
  8. 05/17/2021 - Biometrics appointment
  9. 05/20/2021 - "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview"
  10. 07/26/2021 - Case approved for my I-765 and I-131
  11. 09/01/2021 - Interview in San Antonio + "New Card Is Being Produced" status right away
  12. 09/02/2021 - "Case Is Approved" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, for anyone who cares (this group seems to be inactive). I got my interview appointment for the 20th of May. Still no EAD, but I am just glad that Ill have my interview soon. 

10 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Hi, for anyone who cares (this group seems to be inactive). I got my interview appointment for the 20th of May. Still no EAD, but I am just glad that Ill have my interview soon. 

That's amazing!! Congrats! I'm from the November filers, but I follow this group to have an estimate. Still waiting for my biometrics appointment 😪

16 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Hey! Thanks for the update, that's awesome news! 

I got my EAD in Feb (expedited through congressman re job offer in medical field) and soon after got the notification that my 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview'. It's been two months and I haven't heard anything since then but your post gives me a little hope.

Good luck with your interview!

27 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

congratulations! hopefully things will keep moving for October 2020 filers! I just had my bio last week! hopefully I get my EAD soon.

10 minutes ago, embarkingtogether said:

Hey! Thanks for the update, that's awesome news! 

I got my EAD in Feb (expedited through congressman re job offer in medical field) and soon after got the notification that my 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview'. It's been two months and I haven't heard anything since then but your post gives me a little hope.

Good luck with your interview!

Hello!

Did you have a permit to work already before applying? I just want to know if this is something I can do. Just exploring my options. 

Just now, may1996 said:

Hello!

Did you have a permit to work already before applying? I just want to know if this is something I can do. Just exploring my options. 

Hi, yes I did but it was a visa that was limited to my current employer. This question was asked by the USCIS case worker and I had to explain why I couldn't work at my new employers with my current work permit.

1 minute ago, embarkingtogether said:

Hi, yes I did but it was a visa that was limited to my current employer. This question was asked by the USCIS case worker and I had to explain why I couldn't work at my new employers with my current work permit.

okay cool! so you applied for jobs in another company even though your current permit does not allow you to work to your new employer? Then you just submitted a job offer from a new employer for them to expedite your card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.