Sarge2155

October 2020 - AOS Filers

257 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, :Sarah: said:

Thanks for the thread @Sarge2155

I filed late at night at fedex on 9/29 but they received it on 10/1. Which one is the official filing date in this case?

Anyways, I filed off 485, 864, 944,765, and 131 altogether before the fee increase and this including marriage happened in 2 weeks since my husband's delayed arrival.

But I'm relieved that everything is sent off and finished.

I understand alot of people are waiting at this stage as well due to covid delay.

Can I still go ahead and get my husband's SSN at this time? or should we wait till the AOS is over since we didn't write anything for the SSN on AOS files.

They only do appointments at this time and refused to set appointments for 14 days when he arrived and told us they'll call back to schedule but nothing till now.

Anyways, I'm happy my husband is reunited with me...I think waiting for AOS is much easier than K1 in that regards.

Hopefully we'll get our NOA1 in a month? seems like. Good luck everyone! 🤞

Hi Sarah! How much did you pay for all the filing fees? I’m filing the same forms all at once too. Please let me know! Thank you so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Js2020 said:

Hi Sarah! How much did you pay for all the filing fees? I’m filing the same forms all at once too. Please let me know! Thank you so much!

It was $1225 for me. There should be calculator somewhere and should recheck for your case.

Also, check if the fee increase is still on hold.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 1/31/2021 at 5:06 PM, :Sarah: said:

It was $1225 for me. There should be calculator somewhere and should recheck for your case.

Also, check if the fee increase is still on hold.

Did you already do form I-130 petition for alien relative? Which cost $535?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/1/2021 at 8:30 PM, Js2020 said:

Did you already do form I-130 petition for alien relative? Which cost $535?

I only filed what was mentioned up there.

I don't remember which one costed what, which is why I recommended you to use the calculator.

Sorry I can't be too much of help after I am done with stuff details fade me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi just a quick update, I was finally able to get through to uscis on Wednesday, early in the morning. The Uscis employee told me that no, they have not yet send out a biometrics letter to me and that there is a huge backlog. She read out a statement about it, so I guess they have a bunch of people calling in. I asked, if she knows when to expect the letter and she said, I don’t know just wait. I asked a bunch of other questions regarding my case, and she really wasn’t a big help. So I guess it is normal that I have yet to get my letter..115 days and counting 

Timeline

Hi, I really need some good advice, don’t know what to do :( I received an email from the congressman’s office that I contacted for help, they told me I have a biometrics appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I never received a letter, email or notification. Nothing in my uscis online profile either. I’ve received this information today, and right away called uscis, after over 2 hours on the phone I was told that I can’t go to the appointment and have to wait for a tier 2 manager to call me back. The call was abruptly ended, so I called back once again to ask, what to do and the lady told me to just go there tomorrow with my printed out email. She said that because the biometrics appointment was only scheduled last week Thursday (!!!) and I haven’t received my letter yet I should go with the email from the congressman’s office. I literally called last week ON THE 11th to ask, when I will finally get my biometrics (!) they said they don’t know and please have patience. That same day they send me a letter, for an appointment 5 days later (with a weekend in between and we all know that the post is super slow right now because of covid!!!). I feel so speechless. I contacted my congressman’s office once again, but so far no answer. Obviously I spend hours on the phone today, so I really tried.. what should I do? @Greenbaum sorry you’re the most knowledgeable person I know on here so I tagged you. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Hi, I really need some good advice, don’t know what to do :( I received an email from the congressman’s office that I contacted for help, they told me I have a biometrics appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I never received a letter, email or notification. Nothing in my uscis online profile either. I’ve received this information today, and right away called uscis, after over 2 hours on the phone I was told that I can’t go to the appointment and have to wait for a tier 2 manager to call me back. The call was abruptly ended, so I called back once again to ask, what to do and the lady told me to just go there tomorrow with my printed out email. She said that because the biometrics appointment was only scheduled last week Thursday (!!!) and I haven’t received my letter yet I should go with the email from the congressman’s office. I literally called last week ON THE 11th to ask, when I will finally get my biometrics (!) they said they don’t know and please have patience. That same day they send me a letter, for an appointment 5 days later (with a weekend in between and we all know that the post is super slow right now because of covid!!!). I feel so speechless. I contacted my congressman’s office once again, but so far no answer. Obviously I spend hours on the phone today, so I really tried.. what should I do? @Greenbaum sorry you’re the most knowledgeable person I know on here so I tagged you. 

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I don't have an answer to your question but If I were in your situation I would print out the email and go. The worst that can happen is that they will turn you away and you will have to reschedule somehow. But at least you won't be wondering if they would have let you do it.  I really hope everything works out!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CMT said:

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I don't have an answer to your question but If I were in your situation I would print out the email and go. The worst that can happen is that they will turn you away and you will have to reschedule somehow. But at least you won't be wondering if they would have let you do it.  I really hope everything works out!

Thanks!! Yes I think that’s what I’ll do. But my friend who already had her appointment told me to rather reschedule in advance and not risk it, because she said they won’t let me in without the letter anyways. Ugh it’s such an unpleasant situation really. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Thanks!! Yes I think that’s what I’ll do. But my friend who already had her appointment told me to rather reschedule in advance and not risk it, because she said they won’t let me in without the letter anyways. Ugh it’s such an unpleasant situation really. 

To be honest, I also think they are unlikely to let you in. Personally I would just keep thinking "what if"! If you do go, make sure to take your passport. 

Indeed it is. This whole immigration process is extremely draining. 

let us know what happens

Timeline
7 minutes ago, CMT said:

To be honest, I also think they are unlikely to let you in. Personally I would just keep thinking "what if"! If you do go, make sure to take your passport. 

Indeed it is. This whole immigration process is extremely draining. 

let us know what happens

Yeah so exhausting! No matter what you do, it seems to be wrong. If you call you get the wrong/ misleading information, and if I wouldn’t have contacted my congressman I would have not even found out about the appointment. It would have seemed like I just didn’t show up. Either way you can win, it’s the most unrewarding thing I’ve ever done in my life. 

Timeline

Hey! So I was able to attend my appointment yesterday, even though I had no letter and didn’t even know the address. I went to two different USCIS application support centers, the second was the one I had my appointment at and they let me in with the Print-out of the email from the congressman’s office. It all went down smoothly and I was out after 10 minutes. Today I got a new notification on the app saying „On February 17, 2021, we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485“. Is this normal? It says they’ll send me a letter, but who knows if that letter will arrive haha.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Leah88 said:

Hey! So I was able to attend my appointment yesterday, even though I had no letter and didn’t even know the address. I went to two different USCIS application support centers, the second was the one I had my appointment at and they let me in with the Print-out of the email from the congressman’s office. It all went down smoothly and I was out after 10 minutes. Today I got a new notification on the app saying „On February 17, 2021, we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485“. Is this normal? It says they’ll send me a letter, but who knows if that letter will arrive haha.

that's so awesome! I'm glad to hear that. Good thing you did go!

I think that's unrelated.. just a normal RFE. Did you send the I-994?

When I did my fingerprints my status just changed to " case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" for that I-765 and I-485

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.