Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

593 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
19 hours ago, KyleAaron said:

Does anyone know how to check the case status once you get the NVC case number?  I'm not sure how to or where to go

As far as I’m aware it’ll sit at NVC for approximately 3-5 weeks minimum and then the embassy in your country requests your file to be sent over. Depending on the country backlog it might sit there longer. Once it’s at the embassy and marked “ready” then you just have to wait for your checklist to be emailed. Not a ton of updates after the NOA2. :(  Depending on where your case is in it’s journey will give you a different answer to check the status.

Edited by dmeister3

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 9/16/2021 at 7:53 PM, KyleAaron said:

Does anyone know how to check the case status once you get the NVC case number?  I'm not sure how to or where to go

Hi. This is where you check it during the NVC stage:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello, I am new to this site and have been doing so much research for the past few days and landed on this site thankfully. All of the messages have been very helpful. 

I am just a little confused and hooping someone can help me out. I filed I-129F K-1 visa in June 2021. Sent in the paper work on June 7, 2021, the paperwork was received on June 10, 2021 and the notice for approval was dated June 16, 2021. 

Mine paperwork is being processed at the California center. I have checked and it states that the time frame for approval is 6 - 8 months. 

Also have checked the processing time and now California service center is working on February 11, 2021 paperwork for NOA1 to NOA2.

So, basically I just want to know if anyone knows how accurate the information I have found online is. If there is anyway that maybe hopefully I will receive my NOA2 sooner than later. 

This process is so hard for me. It just sucks that we have to wait so long to be with other soulmates. 

Thank you ahead of time for anyone that will help with my confusion. 

Hello, I am new to this site and have been doing so much research for the past few days and landed on this site thankfully. All of the messages have been very helpful. 

I am just a little confused and hooping someone can help me out. I filed I-129F K-1 visa in June 2021. Sent in the paper work on June 7, 2021, the paperwork was received on June 10, 2021 and the notice for approval was dated June 16, 2021. 

Mine paperwork is being processed at the California center. I have checked and it states that the time frame for approval is 6 - 8 months. 

Also have checked the processing time and now California service center is working on February 11, 2021 paperwork for NOA1 to NOA2.

So, basically I just want to know if anyone knows how accurate the information I have found online is. If there is anyway that maybe hopefully I will receive my NOA2 sooner than later. 

This process is so hard for me. It just sucks that we have to wait so long to be with other soulmates. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Flora88 said:

Hi 

Welcome to VJ and also welcome to the world of wait 

Please fill out your timeline and that way you will be able to search the people from the region and similar timelines and that way it is easier also for the members to answer your questions.

As far as accuracy is concerned, the dates on USCIS website are accurate as far as what dates and whereabouts are they processing. 

You should also keep an eye on June filers group 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/740043-june-2020-i-129f-k-1-filers/

They are filers and recievere of June 2021 that will also give you an idea, 

It is a lot of wait and patience on this

Best of luck 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, mitzab said:

Hi 

Welcome to VJ and also welcome to the world of wait 

Please fill out your timeline and that way you will be able to search the people from the region and similar timelines and that way it is easier also for the members to answer your questions.

As far as accuracy is concerned, the dates on USCIS website are accurate as far as what dates and whereabouts are they processing. 

You should also keep an eye on June filers group 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/740043-june-2020-i-129f-k-1-filers/

They are filers and recievere of June 2021 that will also give you an idea, 

It is a lot of wait and patience on this

Best of luck 

Thank you so much for getting back to me and sharing the link with me. That link is for June 2020 and I filed in June 2021

I also updated the timeline. 

Thank you and best of luck to you 

Edited by Flora88
forgot to add a note

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Flora88 said:

Thank you so much for getting back to me and sharing the link with me. That link is for June 2020 and I filed in June 2021

I also updated the timeline. 

Thank you and best of luck to you 

Welcome.. Please see June 2021 discussion below. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all :) We had our interview 2 days ago and got approved! Estimated about one week for the visa and passport to be mailed back. Tentative flight scheduled for entry on 2nd of November. :D so happy that the hardest part is almost over after almost exactly a full year since we filed.

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, dmeister3 said:

Hi all :) We had our interview 2 days ago and got approved! Estimated about one week for the visa and passport to be mailed back. Tentative flight scheduled for entry on 2nd of November. :D so happy that the hardest part is almost over after almost exactly a full year since we filed.

Congrats! Faster than us even with an RFE!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gauchos said:

Congrats! Faster than us even with an RFE!

It was honestly shocking! We didn’t expect our checklist until December/January because our embassy was processing like 3-5 visas a MONTH for the longest time. All of a sudden they kicked it into gear and worked through the entire backlog. Hopefully yours goes very smoothly!!

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

11 hours ago, dmeister3 said:

Congratulations! Waiting for y’all on the other side… the AOS! Hahaha! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's been a month since anyone last posted! Everyone must be having fun in the US. I'm here to report that another visa has been issued and we'll be seeing everyone stateside soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I had interview last week and today i got email saying my passport is on the way :). Going to USA end of January or beginning of February.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hey! Updated my timeline, visa got issued in October, just arrived in the US on Monday.

Passport control was fairly easy, they took my yellow packet and made a note on my visa so that I can't enter the US again with it.

Planning to get married at the court in January and start on next steps.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Spending Christmas here in Delaware with my fiance :) so happy. We're going Monday to get our marriage license.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.