Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

593 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, brvids2020 said:

Makes you wonder what the heck they are doing at the lockbox? Do they throw it all in one big fat pile and pull everything randomly? It would seem most of us are in the same situation, but yet I've seen a few on here who filed in mid November and got their NOA1.

It’s been 50 plus days, filed 10th reached reached 11th November, and no reply yet. 😞 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just adding to the convo... ours was signed for in Texas on Oct 29, still no NoA1 here on Jan 6, and my check has not been cashed. I emailed a little after 30 days and got an automated reply, nothing else, and called two days ago. She said that there was an increase in filings in Oct-Dec and that I should get the NoA1 by Jan 15. She was nice enough but I'm not sure if those were just things to say or if they were indeed based on something. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting... (although obviously I wish none of us were waiting!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, kate777 said:

Just adding to the convo... ours was signed for in Texas on Oct 29, still no NoA1 here on Jan 6, and my check has not been cashed. I emailed a little after 30 days and got an automated reply, nothing else, and called two days ago. She said that there was an increase in filings in Oct-Dec and that I should get the NoA1 by Jan 15. She was nice enough but I'm not sure if those were just things to say or if they were indeed based on something. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting... (although obviously I wish none of us were waiting!)

Thanks for sharing and have the chance (and patience ) to call. I spoke with my attorney once again today and I am moving forward with a Mandamus once I reach 3 months - however hopefully things with change before that. I never imagined having to sue the government but I also never imagined having this type of government in America - for those of you that have legal insurance (like me) check what is covered (in my case 25% if go off my network of attorneys) it saves a lot of money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Could it be because of the backlog at the embassies due to the lack of interviews they decided firstly to stop sending the applications out of NVC and now because of the backlog at the NVC they decided not to accept the applications from the first place. This will make them appear better since they are taking less time to adjudicate a case not counting the months passed between the actual sending and NOA1?

2 hours ago, Fenice said:

Could it be because of the backlog at the embassies due to the lack of interviews they decided firstly to stop sending the applications out of NVC and now because of the backlog at the NVC they decided not to accept the applications from the first place. This will make them appear better since they are taking less time to adjudicate a case not counting the months passed between the actual sending and NOA1?

Quite frankly, no one knows. It's all opinions at this point. As you know, we all have one of those.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
On 1/5/2021 at 10:23 PM, brvids2020 said:

Yeah, I think the holidays are over and perhaps it will start moving a little quicker. Let's hope.

My e-mail inquiry to the lockbox facility after 30 days of filing date has just been replied :) gotta love our institutions! The standard message asks me to wait 30 additional days (business days) before contacting them again in case I don’t receive my NOA1 by then. Things could be moving faster and 13 days before the Orange baboon gets out can’t come soon enough and end the ridiculous policies this government put in place under the “professional” eyes of the best he hires LOL all acting employees put in places like USCIS to push his racist agenda. I am waiting until my 3rd month and after that I am suing the government. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, JeffDR said:

My e-mail inquiry to the lockbox facility after 30 days of filing date has just been replied :) gotta love our institutions! The standard message asks me to wait 30 additional days (business days) before contacting them again in case I don’t receive my NOA1 by then. Things could be moving faster and 13 days before the Orange baboon gets out can’t come soon enough and end the ridiculous policies this government put in place under the “professional” eyes of the best he hires LOL all acting employees put in places like USCIS to push his racist agenda. I am waiting until my 3rd month and after that I am suing the government. 

Lol, I got a reply today too! My email was sent Dec 4. Sounds like the same message as you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

FYI  USCIS finally mentioned something about receipt times.  https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-lockbox-updates

So should I add another 4 to 6 weeks to the 9 weeks we've already been waiting?

Timeline
29 minutes ago, MichMash said:

FYI  USCIS finally mentioned something about receipt times.  https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-lockbox-updates

I could be wrong but this is all USCIS “BS” - in my case this is the 9th week after the receipt of my application and NOTHING has happened. The use of “other factors” is what catches my attention ... such as the Trump Administration policies on immigration .... 

10 hours ago, MichMash said:

These are estimates only from USCIS. "your mileage may vary" 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, kate777 said:

Just curious how did you get passed the automation to talk to a representative? I have tried many times and eventually the automated system just says "We can't help you thanks for calling" and hangs up on me. I haven't been able to talk to anyone since September.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Funk said:

Just curious how did you get passed the automation to talk to a representative? I have tried many times and eventually the automated system just says "We can't help you thanks for calling" and hangs up on me. I haven't been able to talk to anyone since September.  

This whole thing is such a joke. But I'll save my disdain of our Government in general for another day. I got through that God awful system one time. I can't remember what I said exactly but it was something like "I-129f application was not received after 30 days" and surprisingly it put me through.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Funk said:

I think I started by saying I wanted a case status, and it asked for the receipt number to which I said I don't have one, and it asked if the application was sent to a lockbox or a service center and first I said lockbox, and it just said to email them- which I had already done. And then I had some back and forths saying it was longer than 30 days, no receipt number, variations of that. Finally when it got around to asking service center or lockbox again, I said service center, and it put me through.

People in the facebook group were saying that you could say "technical support" every time it asked a question and it would put you through.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.