Meledona

need help in cspa

19 posts in this topic

Your post is not entirely clear. What is your nephew’s CSPA age? If you need help calculating it please provide birth date, priority date, approval date. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

11 minutes ago, Meledona said:

Pls tell me how i know what is approval date ?

The date on the i797 petitioner received saying notice type “approval notice”. The text will start with something like “The above petition was approved”. 

Nephew or brother? 

If you are the USC and you are petitioning your brother under F4 then his age is irrelevant. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

27 minutes ago, JFH said:

Nephew or brother? 

If you are the USC and you are petitioning your brother under F4 then his age is irrelevant. 

OP says the nephew was removed “from his family” so assume it is the child of the brother being sponsored under F4.  Unclear between this thread and the one you linked exactly what relation OP is to the sponsor.

Edited by SusieQQQ

27 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

OP says the nephew was removed “from his family” so assume it is the child of the brother being sponsored under F4.  Unclear between this thread and the one you linked exactly what relation OP is to the sponsor.

This is why I wish people would stick to one person per account. From the OP’s previous threads it looks like several people are using the same account, posting from their own individual perspectives. It’s messy. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

7 minutes ago, JFH said:

This is why I wish people would stick to one person per account. From the OP’s previous threads it looks like several people are using the same account, posting from their own individual perspectives. It’s messy. 

Yup. Regardless... Hopefully OP understands that CSPA is a defined calculation under law and the derivative either qualifies, or not. It is not a case of how to write a letter.  Without knowing the relevant dates, it is impossible to advise whether or not they need to move forward with getting nephew/brother/whoever added back to the case.

He is my nephew. I applied for siblings visa.

When we received immigration letter his name was appearing but now i think due to his age he is not elligible as he now 23 yrs. 

His family's documents were DQ and they waiting for interview date.

I want to write letter to cspa or american embassy to reopen his case review it again as he would be alone there no one is here for his supervising.

1 hour ago, Meledona said:

When we received immigration letter his name was appearing but now i think due to his age he is not elligible as he now 23 yrs. 

I want to write letter to cspa or american embassy to reopen his case review it again as he would be alone there no one is here for his supervising.

He is an adult at 23. 

Provide the info asked for so people can get you the right answers: 

Petition receipt date (NOA1): 

Petition approval date (NOA2): 

Date of birth of nephew: 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

4 hours ago, Meledona said:

Did you see my post just above yours? It says:

22 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yup. Regardless... Hopefully OP understands that CSPA is a defined calculation under law and the derivative either qualifies, or not. It is not a case of how to write a letter.  Without knowing the relevant dates, it is impossible to advise whether or not they need to move forward with getting nephew/brother/whoever added back to the case.

If you give us the dates I asked you for before we can help calculate if your nephew is eligible.

16 minutes ago, Meledona said:

Approval date 9 nov 2019
Priority date 28 june 2007
Date brith 11 April 1997

I’m going to ask you to double check that approval date. Is that the date on the i797 approval notice? NOT the date the NVC contacted you asking you to pay fees/fill in DS260 etc?

Anyway IF that is the correct approval date then your nephew is fine, as you can subtract around 12 years from his actual age to get his cspa age (so currently his cspa age is 11 years 1 month). 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
5 hours ago, Meledona said:

Approval date 9 nov 2019
Priority date 28 june 2007
Date brith 11 April 1997

The approval date is not when the NVC sent the notice for further processing.  What are the 4 numbers after the 3 letter embassy/consulate code in the NVC case number?  My guess is that it will be 2007, 2008, or 2009.

It would be best if you can find the NOA2 which has the exact approval date.

Cases with PD in 2007 were usually approved quickly within 3 years.  

Also, what country was your sibling born in?

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.