BearxBelle

Rejected AOS Packet Turnaround Time

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am anxiously awaiting any kind of notice on my husband and I's AOS package (sent in 8/26, received 8/28). The money orders have still not been cashed... I was wondering, those of you who have had a package rejected, how long between sending it in and getting it back did it take? It feels like I should know one way or the other by now. But maybe no news is good news? 😕

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can't say for sure in terms of timelines on rejection, however I know my package wasn't complete and will have issues. I sent my package and USPS tracking showed delivered on the September 11th. I then had my funds removed from my account on Friday the 25th along with what seems like a lot of people on the forums (it appears USCIS does all payments in a lump sum). I'm not sure what they actually check before billing. I received our I-797 for both the I-130 and I-485 today the 28th, which makes sense because of the weekend. They currently say they don't need anything but I know I didn't submit two forms that everyone says is required so waiting on an update to the website.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Listen97 said:

I can't say for sure in terms of timelines on rejection, however I know my package wasn't complete and will have issues. I sent my package and USPS tracking showed delivered on the September 11th. I then had my funds removed from my account on Friday the 25th along with what seems like a lot of people on the forums (it appears USCIS does all payments in a lump sum). I'm not sure what they actually check before billing. I received our I-797 for both the I-130 and I-485 today the 28th, which makes sense because of the weekend. They currently say they don't need anything but I know I didn't submit two forms that everyone says is required so waiting on an update to the website.

What two forms didn't you send? I can't believe how fast they cashed your checks! Here is hoping mine is on the bottom of someone's stack just waiting to be charged...

21 hours ago, BearxBelle said:

Hello everyone,

I am anxiously awaiting any kind of notice on my husband and I's AOS package (sent in 8/26, received 8/28). The money orders have still not been cashed... I was wondering, those of you who have had a package rejected, how long between sending it in and getting it back did it take? It feels like I should know one way or the other by now. But maybe no news is good news? 😕

in my case they cashed my cheque so quickly even before they approved my document

my husband told me any government agency always want our money fast :D

Timeline
9 hours ago, BearxBelle said:

What two forms didn't you send? I can't believe how fast they cashed your checks! Here is hoping mine is on the bottom of someone's stack just waiting to be charged...

I forgot the I-130a and I-134, I would have thought they would check everything before filling but nope. I'm filling concurrently to the Chicago Dropbox so not sure if that makes any difference in timing.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Listen97 said:

I forgot the I-130a and I-134, I would have thought they would check everything before filling but nope. I'm filling concurrently to the Chicago Dropbox so not sure if that makes any difference in timing.

Not sure why you can't edit a post meant to say I-864 but either way it's the affidavit of support.

Timeline

I also filed concurrently to the Chicago Drop-Box. Still not heard anything good or bad. Need to call but having trouble with phone anxiety. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I wouldn't call just yet. I know i filed mine two days before you and just got confirmations yesterday. I don't know for sure but it looks like they lump up applications and then do them all the charges/banking at once. I DONT KNOW THOUGH.

Do you have an i-94 six-month stay that is in danger or expiring? Is there any reason for the urgency? (besides the obvious)

AOS

08/24/2020 - Sent Concurrent Filing for I-130 & I-485 (inc. I-765 & I-131) to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

08/26/2020 - Application Received by USCIS

09/25/2020 - Debit Card charged by USCIS

09/28/2020 - Received I-797C Rejection Notice in the Mail (reason: outdated I-765 form)

09/29/2020 - Received Text Message Receipts (I-485, I-130, I-131)

10/05/2020 - Received Hard Copy Mail Receipts (NOA?) (I-485, I-130, I-131)

10/12/2020 - Sent new I-765 form

10/14/2020 - New version of I-765 received in Chicago

03/10/2021 - Notice of Deficiency (Missing I-693 Medical Form)

06/25/2021 - Receive Biometrics Appointment Letter

07/23/2021 - Biometrics Appointment at Norfolk VA USCIS Office

07/23/2021 - 485 & 765 statuses changed to "Initial Review"

07/29/2021 - Interview Ready to Be Scheduled

08/13/2021 - Interview Scheduled for September 21st

09/21/2021 - Interview at USCIS Norfolk VA

09/21/2021 - Email saying “card produced and mailed”

09/24/2021 - Approval email sent for I-485

09/28/2021 - Green Card mailed by USCIS (email notification)

09/29/2021 - Green Card delivered to mailbox (also email notification)

10/01/2021 - I-765 rejected because “benefits were obtained via other means”

13 Months Total, No Lawyer or assistance besides USCIS website and VisaJourney, you can do it too!!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, FattieBanton said:

I wouldn't call just yet. I know i filed mine two days before you and just got confirmations yesterday. I don't know for sure but it looks like they lump up applications and then do them all the charges/banking at once. I DONT KNOW THOUGH.

Do you have an i-94 six-month stay that is in danger or expiring? Is there any reason for the urgency? (besides the obvious)

My husband is already in overstay. It makes us both very nervous despite knowing the chance of removal are low. But we really want that NOA1 for authorized stay just in case. I want to know if I need to get another package going...

Filed: Timeline

Do you have a tracking number for the mailing? If so you can email - Lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov . You need to give them a tracking number for the package for them to be able to try to locate where it is. If you dont have a tracking number they are not going to be able to help you. 

Application Lost During Intake Process

If applicants or their representatives have any specific cases where they believe something was lost by a Lockbox facility, please provide details by email to Lockbox Support at lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and we will investigate.

Edited by Villanelle

Timeline
Just now, Villanelle said:

Do you have a tracking number for the mailing? If so you can email - Lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov . You need to give them a tracking number for the package for them to be able to try to locate where it is. If you dont have a tracking number they are not going to be able to help you. 

I have a tracking number from UPS, but I don't see how USCIS would be concerned with it?? I did attach the confirmation of delivery on the email I sent though.

Filed: Timeline

The mailroom logs everything. So when a package is received with a tracking number on it the tracking number is entered into their system. So I can email them and say hey I mailed this on X date to X address with tracking number 12345 from USPS. They can then track where it is in their system based on searching their system for package received with the tracking number 12345.  Does that make sense? So if your tracking number from the post office says its delivered you just need to email the lockbox with the information so they can track down where it is. 

Some people have been getting NOAs in a timely fashion and others have been waiting excessive times. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Villanelle said:

The mailroom logs everything. So when a package is received with a tracking number on it the tracking number is entered into their system. So I can email them and say hey I mailed this on X date to X address with tracking number 12345 from USPS. They can then track where it is in their system based on searching their system for package received with the tracking number 12345.  Does that make sense? So if your tracking number from the post office says its delivered you just need to email the lockbox with the information so they can track down where it is. 

Some people have been getting NOAs in a timely fashion and others have been waiting excessive times. 

Ah, okay, that makes a lot of sense! I need to check and see if my tracking number was on that confirmation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.