yourboy911

COVID-19 IR1 Visa Pakistan Timeline??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

Ive recently just joined visajourney, and am excited to share my story/process and engage with you all.

Background Info:

I am a US born citizen and I will be traveling from the US to Pakistan iA in January of 2021 for my wedding ceremony. You can call it an arranged marriage, but I have been talking to my soon to be wife for some time now through texting. I had initially planned to go to Pakistan earlier this year in January of 2020 to meet for the first time and have an engagement ceremony, but we had to cancel due to a sudden death in the family. After cancelling the engagement we decided to move forward straight to the wedding in order to prevent any more further delaying.  

I plan on filing for her IR1 visa immediately after the wedding in January so that we have good evidence to submit along with everything.

What is the process after submitting the I-130 Form, and what is the estimated time in between each step?

What is the overall estimated time from start to finish to get this visa considering COVID-19?  

What sort of advice would you give me considering my story/situation?

Thanks in Advance :)

Timeline
7 hours ago, yourboy911 said:

Hello Everyone, 

Ive recently just joined visajourney, and am excited to share my story/process and engage with you all.

Background Info:

I am a US born citizen and I will be traveling from the US to Pakistan iA in January of 2021 for my wedding ceremony. You can call it an arranged marriage, but I have been talking to my soon to be wife for some time now through texting. I had initially planned to go to Pakistan earlier this year in January of 2020 to meet for the first time and have an engagement ceremony, but we had to cancel due to a sudden death in the family. After cancelling the engagement we decided to move forward straight to the wedding in order to prevent any more further delaying.  

I plan on filing for her IR1 visa immediately after the wedding in January so that we have good evidence to submit along with everything.

What is the process after submitting the I-130 Form, and what is the estimated time in between each step?

What is the overall estimated time from start to finish to get this visa considering COVID-19?  

What sort of advice would you give me considering my story/situation?

Thanks in Advance :)

Depends on which center has jurisdiction over your case. Each service center has different timelines. You should check USCIS's website. Would take atleast 2 years from the start of the process till getting visa in hand. Might be shorter if you're lucky. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Depends on which center has jurisdiction over your case. Each service center has different timelines. You should check USCIS's website. Would take atleast 2 years from the start of the process till getting visa in hand. Might be shorter if you're lucky. 

The New York Center will be where im applying too, I remember in 2016 when my brother brought his wife from pakistan over to the us on the same visa his process took 13 months. Was his so short because of the pre trump era?

Timeline
12 hours ago, yourboy911 said:

The New York Center will be where im applying too, I remember in 2016 when my brother brought his wife from pakistan over to the us on the same visa his process took 13 months. Was his so short because of the pre trump era?

Maybe. But due to the pandemic, things have generally slowed down. There is backlog of cases with the USCIS. One can not be too sure how long the entire process is going to take. But expect anywhere between 1 to 2 years. 

Timeline
On 9/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, yourboy911 said:

Yes - it has been taking much longer then the past. Especially with the embassy’s being closed even currently the embassy isn’t doing regular visa processing for spouses. I-130 averagely has been taking 8 months to a year. INSHAALLAH by the time you marry - the back log may become shorter. Wishing you the best. 

Edited by IFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.