Burnt Reynolds

Trump announces Amy Coney Barrett as SCOTUS nomination to replace Ginsburg

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

I still don’t understand the delay, why doesn’t the committee vote tomorrow.  The often cited case of Lincoln’s nominee that is put forward by the Dems without proper historical context shows that the Senate confirmed his eventual nominee in one day.

Hmm, dunno, perhaps one of our American members could comment?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Committee unanimously reports Barrett favorably to the floor where the final vote is expected Monday the 26th. 

Unanimous from those present.  Apparently there were members of the committee that took their balls and went home.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Unanimous from those present.  Apparently there were members of the committee that took their balls and went home.

They did but just like when people stay home and don't vote, their non votes aren't recorded and don't matter. Even worse when considering their primary function of representing their constituents and they didn't even show up just to throw a fit. 😂

The committee vote winds up 12-0 (the 10 absent are simply washed away in history), so it looks good for Amy. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

They did but just like when people stay home and don't vote, their non votes aren't recorded and don't matter. Even worse when considering their primary function of representing their constituents and they didn't even show up just to throw a fit. 😂

The committee vote winds up 12-0 (the 10 absent are simply washed away in history), so it looks good for Amy. 

I completely understand, and then I hear a news broadcast erroneously stating the vote was 12-10.  Either the ABC news reader is an idiot, or the person writing it is.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Look who's come around...

Lisa Murkowski announces support for Amy Coney Barrett during rare Saturday Senate session

A procedural vote is set for Sunday, final confirmation on Monday

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, announced her support for Amy Coney Barrett Saturday during a floor speech in the Senate, strengthening the Republican votes to confirm the judge on Monday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-rare-saturday-session-debate-amy-coney-barrett-nomination

52 votes, just Collins left. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Murkowski and Collins voted against cloture so it passed 51-48. Because of the rule the earliest she can be voted on for confirmation by the full Senate is around 7:30pm tomorrow. My guess is it's around 7:30-9pm. It's possible she is sworn in tomorrow night as well and takes her seat Tuesday morning. 

While Murkowski voted against cloture she said she will vote for Barrett's confirmation. Already know Romney, Gardner, Tillis, Graham, McSally, and Ernst are. Collins I think is still up in the air for tomorrow but it's looking like she might vote against. But she has a knack for last second changes of heart so we'll see. Right now it's 52 votes for without Collins so it's all but assured Barrett is confirmed tomorrow evening. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Got stuff done early.. looks like the Senate is in session now. Schumer trying to adjourn at the moment, which he's tried at least 3-5 times now without success. Here's a current stream for those who don't want to deal with the wishy washy CSPAN feed:

After my last post Collins said she was gonna vote "no", which is going to resonate very well with conservatives in Maine. She's capitulating to people that weren't going to vote for her anyways. It's a lose/lose for her.

Also Schumer's effort failed again 53-46.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

I was wondering why McConnell seemed to be exclusively talking toward the Republicans but then the camera panned to the Democrats and it looks like they're staging another moronic "protest" and aren't in the Senate. Hopefully they opt not to show up at all rather than walk in following their political theater and cast their vote. So it's looking like its either 52 to 1 or 52 to 47-48 depending on Democrats and Kamala showing up. The vote is coming as soon as McConnell is done speaking.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

19 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Final vote 52-48 -- Collins was the only Republican voting against. Justice Barrett will be sworn in shortly.

There were only like 10 Democrats actually in the Senate if that. 

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

There were only like 10 Democrats actually in the Senate if that. 

They were right outside the chamber engaging in political theater. When the vote started they slow walked in to cast their vote then walk out. 

It makes me wonder if there's anything about the Democrats that isn't staged for this environment of forced Twitter virality.

Soon as it switched to Hannity I knew to get a second stream up on our media box, Sean wont shut the hell up.

Also Trump went way too heavy on the spray tan tonight.. it looks more like a monitor tan, and his teeth so ridiculously whitened and in contrast with his spray tan its like he just walked out of Chernobyl. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

18 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Soon as it switched to Hannity I knew to get a second stream up on our media box, Sean wont shut the hell up.

Also Trump went way too heavy on the spray tan tonight.. it looks more like a monitor tan, and his teeth so ridiculously whitened and in contrast with his spray tan its like he just walked out of Chernobyl. 

Dude, I did not notice it until after you said something about it. You can clearly see where he had stuff over his ears. He seriously looks like he might turn into a umpa lumpa. The wife and I are laughing at the whole thing right now. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024