thisguyflies

What is the total filing fee for AOS Packet?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Been struggling to find a solid answer for this, despite using the fee calculator.

I am a spouse of a US citizen admitted on a K1 Visa. I am filing forms:

• I-130
  • I-131
  • I-485
  • I-765
  • I-684
  • I-684A
  • I-944 

The fee calculator gave me $1,225:

$85 for biometrics

$1,140 for form I-485

$0 for form I-13

$0 for I765

It would not let me add form I-130 as an additional form in this calculation, which I understand is $535 per the instructions sheet for I-130.

Am I correct in these fees?

Am I missing any?

Do I send one cheque for $1,225 and another for $535 or do I send one single cheque for $1,760?

Would have thought they make it simple to know how much to send, but alas here I am typing out this post...

Thanks for any help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

Been struggling to find a solid answer for this, despite using the fee calculator.

• I-130
  • I-131
  • I-485
  • I-765
  • I-684
  • I-684A
  • I-944 

$85 for biometrics

$1,140 for form I-485

$0 for form I-13

$0 for I765

It would not let me add form I-130 as an additional form in this calculation, which I understand is $535 per the instructions sheet for I-130.

Am I missing any?

Do I send one cheque for $1,225 and another for $535 or do I send one single cheque for $1,760?

Would have thought they make it simple to know how much to send, but alas here I am typing out this post...

Thanks for any help!

Separate 

What is tbe i684? It i684a?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

21 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

• I-130

Did you get married within 90 days of entry?  If you did, no need for I-130.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
53 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Separate 

What is tbe i684? It i684a?

Probably I-864. But dont know about the I-864a

And like @Chancy said, if you got married during your first 90 days no need for I-130.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, thisguyflies said:

• I-130
  • I-131
  • I-485
  • I-765
  • I-684
  • I-684A
  • I-944 

$85 for biometrics

$1,140 for form I-485

$0 for form I-13

$0 for I765

Am I missing any?

Thanks for any help!

The fee calculator wouldn't let you add the I-130 because you're not required to file this form if you came as K1 and got married within the 90 days.

The total if you file before Oct 2nd is 1225.

864 and 864a doesn't feel right to me. Do you have a joint sponsor that also lives in your house? 864a is usually used when the other sponsor is in the same household. I would just send 2 864, one for your spouse and one for your joint sponsor 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, thisguyflies said:

You are filing 3 applications in one envelope

1)  I-485 Adjustment of Status ($1225)

+ I-864 Affidavit of Support from spouse

+ I-864 and I-864a (maybe for a married joint sponsor)

+ I-944 Self sufficiency 

2) I-765 Employment Authorization ($0)

3) I-131 Advance Parole for travel ($0)

***Get those mailed before October 2 or you will pay more.***

Timeline
8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You are filing 3 applications in one envelope

1)  I-485 Adjustment of Status ($1225)

+ I-864 and I-864a (maybe for a married joint sponsor)

+ I-944 Self sufficiency 

***Get those mailed before October 2 or you will pay more.***

Correct, it is for a married joint sponsor (my spouses parents). Parent A filled I-864 and parent B filled I-864a.

Planning to submit ASAP! Hopefully either today or tomorrow.

21 hours ago, Chancy said:

Did you get married within 90 days of entry?  If you did, no need for I-130.

Yes, got married within the 90 days and am still within that 90 days. My I-94 record expires Oct 9. Thanks for the heads up! Hadn't seen this info anywhere! Are you able to provide a source showing this to be the case? Would be a huge saving!

16 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

Yes, got married within the 90 days and am still within that 90 days. My I-94 record expires Oct 9. Thanks for the heads up! Hadn't seen this info anywhere! Are you able to provide a source showing this to be the case? Would be a huge saving!

Instead of I-130/I-130A, you need to submit a copy of form I-797 (Approval Notice for I-129F) and a copy of your I-94 record.

Here's the official guide from USCIS, but it's not updated (no mention of I-944 which is now required) --

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-fiancee-of-us-citizen

Timeline
29 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

Correct, it is for a married joint sponsor (my spouses parents). Parent A filled I-864 and parent B filled I-864a.

Your spouse also needs to fill out a 864. Your spouse will always be the main sponsor, even if they don't make enough.

I-130 is the equivalent to the I-129f that you already filed. So you don't file that.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Instead of I-130/I-130A, you need to submit a copy of form I-797 (Approval Notice for I-129F) and a copy of your I-94 record.

Here's the official guide from USCIS, but it's not updated (no mention of I-944 which is now required) --

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-fiancee-of-us-citizen

Great, thank you! Was including the I-797 approval notice anyway. Good to know!

6 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Your spouse also needs to fill out a 864. Your spouse will always be the main sponsor, even if they don't make enough.

I-130 is the equivalent to the I-129f that you already filed. So you don't file that.

That's confusing. So, do I need to fill out multiple 864's? One for my spouse, one for first joint sponsor and one for second joint sponsor?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

Think of it as three distinct applications for benefits that need to stand alone on evidence. Read the Individual instructions for what to submit with each. For example each needs 2 passport photos, so get  6 photos. Each needs a copy of your passport, so photocopy it 3 times.  

24 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

My I-94 record expires Oct 9. Thanks for the heads up! Hadn't seen this info anywhere! Are you able to provide a source showing this to be the case? Would be a huge saving!

He’s correct about I-130. That is a petition for a spouse and other things.You already finished petition stuff with your I-129F. Fiancé petition. You only need to adjust status from K1 visa holder to permanent resident.

As an example of when an I-130 would be needed with the Adjustment of status package—

You are living in the US for several years on a student visa or work visa.You met and married an American.  You want to adjust status status from student visa holder to permanent resident. You don’t have to leave the US to get a spouse visa to come back, but you still need an approved petition filed by the American spouse to get a greencard based on marriage. SO.... the I-130 petition goes along with the adjustment of status application and the USCIS kills two birds with one stone.  They approve the petition credentials of a valid marriage, then they carry on with the adjustment of status parts. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

Great, thank you! Was including the I-797 approval notice anyway. Good to know!

That's confusing. So, do I need to fill out multiple 864's? One for my spouse, one for first joint sponsor and one for second joint sponsor?

You can't have a JOINT sponsor if you don't have a primary sponsor.

Your spouse is the primary sponsor. He fills out one 864. Your parents in law will fill out 864 and 864a.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

You can't have a JOINT sponsor if you don't have a primary sponsor.

Your spouse is the primary sponsor. He fills out one 864. Your parents in law will fill out 864 and 864a.

I think you just saved me an RFE...thank you so much! 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Think of it as three distinct applications for benefits that need to stand alone on evidence. Read the Individual instructions for what to submit with each. For example each needs 2 passport photos, so get  6 photos. Each needs a copy of your passport, so photocopy it 3 times.  

Understood...looks like i'm going out later today to get some more photos done! I need to include any passport style photos of my spouse also?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, thisguyflies said:

So, do I need to fill out multiple 864's? One for my spouse, one for first joint sponsor and one for second joint sponsor?

Your sponsors are supposed to fill those out and sign. 
As we established before,

1)  I-485 Adjustment of Status ($1225)

+ I-864 (Parent A) and I-864a (Parent A’s spouse)  (for a married joint sponsors)

+ I-944 Self sufficiency 

+ and a bunch more stuff. Big application.

+ and some required documents, passport photos, etc

+ and some required documents, passport photos, etc

Do you know where to find the instructions on what to include?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.