ricky90501

Request for Evidence for I-751 - Criminal History Check

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My wife was asked to submit an affidavit concerning criminal history and police clearance certificate to satisfy the criminal background check for I-751. Her fingerprints were unreadable. Has anybody received this request? How do you write the affidavit?

6 hours ago, ricky90501 said:

My wife was asked to submit an affidavit concerning criminal history and police clearance certificate to satisfy the criminal background check for I-751. Her fingerprints were unreadable. Has anybody received this request? How do you write the affidavit?

go to the court  of your jurisdiction and ask for criminal history search. they gon run her name , social , date of birth and all alias. they should be able to print out the result and certify it..

Then go to the police department and ask for some record of arrest or cases against your wife they gon run the same information in their database and ask them to print you a copy of the result and have them stamp and seal the envelop. that should be enough proof of criminal history. Now if Im not mistaking she will have to do it in all  the town she 's been living in for more than ( I don't know the time frame )  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She should submit something like this:

USCIS

<filing address you are mailing to>

Date: xx/xx/xxxx

Subject:  Affidavit Concerning Criminal History and Police Clearance Certificate for <petitioner name>

Dear USCIS Officer,

I, <name>, petitioner for <type of visa>, <case number>,  confirm that I have no criminal history.  I lived in <country from where you cannot get a certificate> from xx/xx/xxxx to xx/xx/xxxx.  During my residence in <country>, I did not commit a criminal act, have never been arrested or convicted of any criminal act, and have never been detained or questioned by police.  I submit this confirmation in lieu of a formal Police Police Certificate, as my fingerprints were unreadable by the <list whatever authority couldn't provide you a certificate>.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct.

Thank you for the opportunity to share this information with you.  Please contact me at <phone number> if you require additional information.

Signed,

<space for hand signature>

<Typed Name of Petitioner>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The affidavit should be notarized.  So don't sign the letter until you are in front of the notary public.  If I were you, I would have TWO copies notarized.  Send one to USCIS, PLUS a copy of whatever communication you received from <authority> stating that they could not read her fingerprints,  and keep one safe in case you may ever need it later.

Best of luck to you!

Sukie in NY

Edited by Sukie
Additional info
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Thank you Kaaris and Sukie. Your help is much appreciated. We have already obtained the police cert from Japan and just need to get a clearance cert from the local police dept.

Sukie, your affidavit template is exactly what I was looking for so you are a lifesaver!

Many thanks,

Richard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.