VHmas

221g AP Philippines

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

IR2- minor 6 years old under AP. No additional docs requested.- Philippines.

so I presented my six-year-old and got 221(g) after the interview. They only kept my marriage certificate which was issued from the state of Pennsylvania and the Consular officer also kept my daughter’s birth certificate who was late registered for almost 40 days with also annotation/corrections on her birth certificate as my last name was not correct in her BC.  Consular officer returned the passport.

I already gained an LPR status since 2018. I was a J1/student when I entered USA last 2016.I was an Aupair and I was not subject to 212(e) The two-year home country residence. I gained my green card in the USA smoothly. I’m trying to understand as to why child is on AP.  Is this a complicated case where it needs a further administrative processing will it takes six months to years? Please share your thoughts.

Edited by VHmas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Everyone goes in to AP so the 221g is what is to be concerned of - what does it request? Has the father given permission for his daughter to immigrate to the US ?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Everyone goes in to AP so the 221g is what is to be concerned of - what does it request? Has the father given permission for his daughter to immigrate to the US ?

The 221g did not request additional documents.

The petitioner is my husband who is a a USC. Also my child who is the beneficiary is illegitimate child, the biological father is unknown. ( on the childs birth certificate) She has my Last name.

Edited by VHmas

11 minutes ago, VHmas said:

The 221g did not request additional documents.

If no additional documents are required, then that likely means your child's visa application will now go through normal Administrative Processing, although you might see the case status listed as "Refused".  No need to worry, that processing stage is normal.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If no additional documents are required, then that likely means your child's visa application will now go through normal Administrative Processing, although you might see the case status listed as "Refused".  No need to worry, that processing stage is normal.

Thank you! 
does my case looks like its going to take months? I spoke to people who have been given  221(g) with NO additional Documents— they got their visas in 3-5 days!  I have never been more anxious . 

Edited by VHmas

1 minute ago, VHmas said:

does my case looks like its going to take months? I spoke to people who have been given  221(g) with NO additional Documents— they got their visas in 3-5 days!  I have never been more anxious . 

No one here can tell for sure, unfortunately.  I suspect they want to verify the child's birth certificate as it is late registered and has annotations.

Timeline

My consular officer could have asked for supporting documents like my petition for clerical error ( for he Birth Cert’s Correction) and so as my marriage record to support my marriage certificate (issued in Pennsylvania). 

i do not understand what is so complicated about this case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

Has the father given permission for his daughter to immigrate to the US ?

Not needed for Philippines 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
13 minutes ago, VHmas said:

My consular officer could have asked for supporting documents like my petition for clerical error ( for he Birth Cert’s Correction) and so as my marriage record to support my marriage certificate (issued in Pennsylvania). 

The CO has what they need.  Time to simply relax and wait.  

In the future if you have Philippines specific questions,  it is best to ask in the Philippines regional forum for the best answers

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

20 minutes ago, VHmas said:

They will do the background check themselves.  The CO just doesn't have time to check the authenticity of official-looking documents on the spot during the interview.  If they want supporting documents from you, they will ask.

Edited by Chancy
clarification

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The CO has what they need.  Time to simply relax and wait.  

In the future if you have Philippines specific questions,  it is best to ask in the Philippines regional forum for the best answers

Thank you! Could you send me a link for PH forum, please! Thanks!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, VHmas said:

Thank you! Could you send me a link for PH forum, please! Thanks!

Main forums page, scroll down until you see them

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.