Alex+R

Should large people have to buy two airplane seats for themselves?

Airplane seats  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Should someone obese or just very large who does not fit in their seat be required to buy two?

• Yes, they're using more than 1, so they should pay for more than 1
    • No, it's not their fault that seats on airplanes are so small; airlines should find another solution

397 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sick of hearing people say "It's not their fault". Really?? Are you serious? EVERYONE can control their own weight. In fact, I think tickets should be priced according to passenger weight. How do you like them apples? hey, you asked....

You obviously didn't read the whole thread did ya? :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of hearing people say "It's not their fault". Really?? Are you serious? EVERYONE can control their own weight. In fact, I think tickets should be priced according to passenger weight. How do you like them apples? hey, you asked....

He's on a roll, bumping old polls. Hehe.

Timeline

I just noticed that...post boosting at its best, eh?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I just noticed that...post boosting at its best, eh?

at least he is posting a comment and not just one of these... B) :D:P:(:o;):)(F)(L):no::yes::lol::luv::huh::hehe: etc.....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Is it nice in your small, unenlightened world?

Obviously, all of the doctors are lying when they diagnose medical problems that lead to weight gain. I'll be sure to tell the person who ballooned from 130 to 420 that they can control their own weight, and it's all their fault that they got that large.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

Is it nice in your small, unenlightened world?

Obviously, all of the doctors are lying when they diagnose medical problems that lead to weight gain. I'll be sure to tell the person who ballooned from 130 to 420 that they can control their own weight, and it's all their fault that they got that large.

:thumbs:

• 8 months later...
Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

i AM A BIG GUY, 5'6 280LBS, My wife is 5'5 130lbs :-) i have no problems on the planes and if the person next to me does, oh well, he can complain to the flight attendant. But i feel good and i am not lazy at all. I just have a certain condition that i can not help to lose the weight. ITS called THEROIDS. :-) I am on the go all day at work and travel a bit for business. So i dont consider myself lazy at all. It just the way my body was meant to be. Some people on here should think before saying BS

Edited by Martin11581

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
This is, like, the best thread ever!

At least now we know who are the discriminating ones against big people. I wonder if you are also racist towards others as well?

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Peru

Marriage : 11/25/2006

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-24

I-130 Approved : 2007-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-01-09

NVC Left : 01/29/2008

Med appt: 03/03/2008

Interview Date : 03/17/2008

Visa Received : 03/24/2008

US Entry : 03/27/2008 TICKET BOUGHT

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 146 days from your filing date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Given fuel costs and nickel and diming airlines, the probable, "fair" solution will be for the morbidly obese to pay for their seat plus a fee (not ever another seat since they are not occupying it) to cover part of the revenue lost from leaving the side seat empty to ensure maximal comfort for all pax in said seating arrangement.

One butt, one seat, one fare. Plus fee.

I do also find comfort levels on most US airline coach to be inferior to other international airlines- and that given that seat width is actually less on the majority of international airline coach configurations, it spells that this phenom is an American in part, Western diet in tendency.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
i AM A BIG GUY, 5'6 280LBS, My wife is 5'5 130lbs :-) i have no problems on the planes and if the person next to me does, oh well, he can complain to the flight attendant. But i feel good and i am not lazy at all. I just have a certain condition that i can not help to lose the weight. ITS called THEROIDS. :-) I am on the go all day at work and travel a bit for business. So i dont consider myself lazy at all. It just the way my body was meant to be. Some people on here should think before saying BS

Steroids, is that what you mean or mispelled thyroid?

If it's roids, how can is this statement correct: "It just the way my body was meant to be."

Timeline

Steroids, is that what you mean or mispelled thyroid?

If it's roids, how can is this statement correct: "It just the way my body was meant to be."

Maybe medical exceptions can be accommodated when booking. Airlines, of course, would have to invest in creating these booking features. Proving this will be at times a very interesting endeavor.

Filed: Timeline

I can't understand how a 400lb person and a 120 lb person are being charged the same. Esp since most airlines have lowered their luggage allowances :cry:

Perhaps there should be a weight limit of the person + luggage...the smaller you are, the more you can take :devil:

Timeline

I can understand it... one butt, one fare ;)

The airline, however, defines its seat width.

I can't understand how a 400lb person and a 120 lb person are being charged the same. Esp since most airlines have lowered their luggage allowances :cry:

Perhaps there should be a weight limit of the person + luggage...the smaller you are, the more you can take :devil:

I second this - not discriminating or anything!!!