Alex+R

Should large people have to buy two airplane seats for themselves?

Airplane seats  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Should someone obese or just very large who does not fit in their seat be required to buy two?

• Yes, they're using more than 1, so they should pay for more than 1
    • No, it's not their fault that seats on airplanes are so small; airlines should find another solution

397 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Its just human nature for some to suggest to an overweight person that they should eat well and exercise, even if excessive weight is a medical issue.

Wait, you're saying if I eat well and exercise, I'll drop the weight I've been trying to lose? No fukcing way! I had no idea... thank you, benevolent stranger inspired by sheer "human nature," for you have truly made a difference. I'm glad you wrote that you feel it's just "human nature" to be an inconsiderate chopfcuk, or I'd think you were being, you know, a chopfcuk.

Im saying that a lot of people look at overweight people and think "eat well and exercise". You can read back and see that I also wrote if someone had very bad body odor, people would think "get some deodorant". I was making the point that regardless of what led to someone being overweight, people are not always going to be sympathetic. I did NOT say I think this way. I will reiterate however that my plane seat is my plane seat and Im not sharing it with anyone I dont know. To be brutally honest, your weight issues are yours - I couldnt care less about them. You clearly do so maybe address them.

If you can't defend your point with anything other than a personal attack, don't say anything at all. I agree that nobody should have to share a plane seat. The question is, should someone have to buy two or should the airlines provide alternatives?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just human nature for some to suggest to an overweight person that they should eat well and exercise, even if excessive weight is a medical issue.

Wait, you're saying if I eat well and exercise, I'll drop the weight I've been trying to lose? No fukcing way! I had no idea... thank you, benevolent stranger inspired by sheer "human nature," for you have truly made a difference. I'm glad you wrote that you feel it's just "human nature" to be an inconsiderate chopfcuk, or I'd think you were being, you know, a chopfcuk.

Im saying that a lot of people look at overweight people and think "eat well and exercise". You can read back and see that I also wrote if someone had very bad body odor, people would think "get some deodorant". I was making the point that regardless of what led to someone being overweight, people are not always going to be sympathetic. I did NOT say I think this way. I will reiterate however that my plane seat is my plane seat and Im not sharing it with anyone I dont know. To be brutally honest, your weight issues are yours - I couldnt care less about them. You clearly do so maybe address them.

If you can't defend your point with anything other than a personal attack, don't say anything at all. I agree that nobody should have to share a plane seat. The question is, should someone have to buy two or should the airlines provide alternatives?

where did i make a personal attack, and on whom? if anyone has made a personal attack it would be you on me.

To be brutally honest
and on was clearly a personal attack. I just attacked your post.

it wasnt an attack - you were clearly upset by my opinions (as the original OP, you will recall you asked for people's thoughts on the matter), and this was due to the fact that you are trying to lose weight and are sensitive to weight issues. I merely informed you that I didn't care about your weight issues - why would I? - they are yours and yours alone to deal with. Don't ask for others thoughts on a particular issue if you don't like what you read. Everyone is entitled to an opinion or does mine make me a "chopfcuk"?

Timeline
To be brutally honest

it wasnt an attack - you were clearly upset by my opinions (as the original OP, you will recall you asked for people's thoughts on the matter), and this was due to the fact that you are trying to lose weight and are sensitive to weight issues. I merely informed you that I didn't care about your weight issues - why would I? - they are yours and yours alone to deal with. Don't ask for others thoughts on a particular issue if you don't like what you read. Everyone is entitled to an opinion or does mine make me a "chopfcuk"?

Your post retread the territory many people on this thread have covered. Nobody thinks someone has the right to more than one seat. The question is who must be responsible for solving that problem. It felt like you just posted your thoughts, none of which hadn't been posted before, in order to reinsert your contempt of overweight people into the thread.

To be brutally honest

Your post retread the territory many people on this thread have covered. Nobody thinks someone has the right to more than one seat. The question is who must be responsible for solving that problem. It felt like you just posted your thoughts, none of which hadn't been posted before, in order to reinsert your contempt of overweight people into the thread.

Look, there is no contempt on my part for anyone who is overweight. I simply don't care. No one cares that I am considered a healthy weight, quite rightly, and I don't care if people are nicole richie thin or very heavy. All I was saying was that I would not accept an uncomfortable plane journey because of someone else's weight problems, and that it is true that a lot of people aren't sympathetic towards overweight people, regardless of the cause. I'm simply being honest, and not trying to demean or upset anyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just hope I don't ever have to sit next to Rosie O'Donnell on a flight......for many reasons.

(DISCLAIMER: An attempt to throw some humor in this post)

Edited by SqdnGuns

Timeline

People don't fit in seats for all kinds of reasons besides weight though. I've just barely fit in a seat once last November when I was within the healthy weight range for my height, which is only 5'5". I think if people didn't attribute someone's size to some shortcoming of theirs, they might be less quick to penalize them.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I just hope I don't ever have to sit next to Rosie O'Donnell on a flight......for many reasons.

I wonder if this image springs to mind in relation to Rosie O'Donnell.

Hippo.jpg

In character and temperament at least...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wonder if this image springs to mind in relation to Rosie O'Donnell.

Hippo.jpg

Buwahahahahahahahahahahahaha :thumbs:

Timeline
People don't fit in seats for all kinds of reasons besides weight though.

When/how?

Well, besides being overweight, I guess I meant. Abnormal body shapes and just being large and/or muscular could do it.

I'll bet...