Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a question for y’all. My husband has been here for the last four years as he was studying here in Canada. He stopped working in September as his visa expired, but he stayed here as he is allowed to be here without working. So currently he doesn’t have a job in the USA, but I have two co-sponsor that are sponsoring me. Do you guys think it would be okay with my sponsors even if my husband doesn’t have a job in the USA? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cath&Claire said:

Today yet another  K1 interview was scheduled.   November 23rd.   

That’s make me so angry. I don’t get why the damn consulate isn’t able to work properly and to schedule spousal interviews and to be fair. In my opinion, fiancé aren’t committed as they are not married. I know it might sound very mean but gosh damm it’s been over more than 2 years that I’ve been waiting. Can I have my freakin interview already. 

6 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

Today yet another  K1 interview was scheduled.   November 23rd.   

I have been soooo on edge today waiting to see if I’ll get an IL in my email or not 😭

Timeline
Just now, Dbrennan said:

I have been soooo on edge today waiting to see if I’ll get an IL in my email or not 😭

Same, I even started up until 2 am this morning to see if I would received an email, but nothing. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

That’s make me so angry. I don’t get why the damn consulate isn’t able to work properly and to schedule spousal interviews and to be fair. In my opinion, fiancé aren’t committed as they are not married. I know it might sound very mean but gosh damm it’s been over more than 2 years that I’ve been waiting. Can I have my freakin interview already. 

Agree 100%. So fed up. Tired of waiting. Just want my interview already. This is ridiculous.

Timeline

I am SO upset! The Consulate is literally getting on my last nerve. First, they bump us down to 1x a week with a decreased scheduling of just 2 days in the month. Now, they give the rest of November dates to fiances. I don’t even know how to feel anymore. Maybe this means that spousals will get ALL of December (highly doubt it though). At this rate who knows when we’ll be done with this process. Let’s start getting loud on social media. I would recommend everyone go to their FB page on their recent post on new interviews and comment!! Let’s NOT just sit on this and stay quiet. Fiances made a lot of noise, now it’s our turn. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

I mean they are planning on getting married so they may be committed in their heart but if things don’t work out it’s a matter of breaking up. Being a fiancé will never hold any legal meaning in any other circumstance. It definitely feels unfair that they seem to be getting prioritized when they are essentially dating. I just missed my kid’s birthday. Again. So fed up. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I am SO upset! The Consulate is literally getting on my last nerve. First, they bump us down to 1x a week with a decreased scheduling of just 2 days in the month. Now, they give the rest of November dates to fiances. I don’t even know how to feel anymore. Maybe this means that spousals will get ALL of December (highly doubt it though). At this rate who knows when we’ll be done with this process. Let’s start getting loud on social media. I would recommend everyone go to their FB page on their recent post on new interviews and comment!! Let’s NOT just sit on this and stay quiet. Fiances made a lot of noise, now it’s our turn. 

My husband is an American citizen living here in Sherbrooke (an hour from Montreal) maybe I could just drive him to the consulate ahahha see if that can get us moving. I honestly doubt they would let him go in without appointment... 

35 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

I got a question for y’all. My husband has been here for the last four years as he was studying here in Canada. He stopped working in September as his visa expired, but he stayed here as he is allowed to be here without working. So currently he doesn’t have a job in the USA, but I have two co-sponsor that are sponsoring me. Do you guys think it would be okay with my sponsors even if my husband doesn’t have a job in the USA? 

Following this post because I'm in the same situation! 

34 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

Hey...I am in the exact same situation. I was working in Canada for last 10 years and then last year we decided to go back home and my husband got convinced to move to u.s. and in my case because I had been here so long, I had to prove that I am breaking my ties with Canada, so I quit my job, got joint sponsor from u.s. and that very week my paperwork got approved. Now because I cannot just go live separately in the u.s. without my husband (who works here) so I am looking for remote work but not working at the moment. So I am thinking as long as you have joint sponsorship you should be fine. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

My husband is an American citizen living here in Sherbrooke (an hour from Montreal) maybe I could just drive him to the consulate ahahha see if that can get us moving. I honestly doubt they would let him go in without appointment... 

if I lived there, I’d do a daily mini strike. In a disguise of course! 👻 😁 😢 

14 minutes ago, MWhite said:

I mean they are planning on getting married so they may be committed in their heart but if things don’t work out it’s a matter of breaking up. Being a fiancé will never hold any legal meaning in any other circumstance. It definitely feels unfair that they seem to be getting prioritized when they are essentially dating. I just missed my kid’s birthday. Again. So fed up. 

I totally agree. It's not mean, it's just the reality. Fiance visas are not even as serious. Spousal visas should have been prioritized ...we have families. My little one will have to transition to school again as we had to start him here. Lot of complex situations when we have our kids and transitioning to move. It's ridiculous to me that out of all the categories, fiance visas are made priority of spousal. :(

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I email the consulate weekly and I tweet at them almost daily!  This week we’re sending letters to the senators.  

Today the person that replied said “...we are starting to schedule new cases, but wait times for appointments will continue to be longer than normal.”. 

HELLA! we KNOW the wait times will be longer than normal, that’s not the issue. The issue is nothing is being done!!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.